It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

yoga for people of color

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   
This is a stupid thing imo.

It’s not a super issue but it’s ridiculous to offer this to only a particular race.

I imagine the Yoga studio is looking for customers.

Black people are just not too much into yoga as white folks but this is still unnecessarily provocative

yoga as a spiritual discipline is about unity and all races are the human race

edit on 8-10-2015 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

yoga for people of color

Going on the title i thought i might be enlightened about some mysterious yoga move that allows African Americans to dance or play basketball better than straight white people . But no , it is another discrimination thread , now i just feel let down .

edit on 8-10-2015 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
So how is this political? True or not?

Why is it in Political Madness?

As to the topic? Who cares.

It is pretty valid for the political madness forum in my opinion. The point being, as others have pointed out, is that discrimination laws and public accommodation rules have been applied to some businesses and we shall see if it is applied equally.

So while you may not care, it doesn't negate nor diminish the fact that others might. To answer your question of who cares...others.

My view on this is that the baker, hair-dresser, contractor, or yoga instructor is welcome to seek their business and market it in any fashion they see fit. If it isn't in demand, it will die. There may be a few hardliners (from whatever spectrum it may come) that will support it and keep it afloat, it will eventually die.

I just wish to see the application of the current law(s), as they have been applied and have been publicized, regardless of their stupidity, to be equal in their administration. Ultimately, those laws should be repealed.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 05:06 AM
link   
I see nothing political about this article at all.

But nice mental gymnastics.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622
a reply to: interupt42

yoga for people of color

Going on the title i thought i might be enlightened about some mysterious yoga move that allows African Americans to dance or play basketball better than straight white people .

But no , it is another discrimination thread , now i just feel let down .

Sorry if the articles title disappointed you but looking at professional dancing and basketball it appears that the African American community really doesn't need the help of yoga.

But no , it is another discrimination thread

You are right about that its a discrimination thread. However, the cards have been turned around on this one and it has also been reported to the state attorneys office.

So I'm keeping an eye out for the outcry from: Jesse Jackson , Reverend Sharpton, Obama, along with society like the religious bakergate incident, and every other instance that is blown up by the MSM when its a white against black discrimination.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Of course you wouldn't. Doesn't fit into your own political agenda. However; if it were white only yoga classes your would march with the rest of MSM touting the inequalities of white privilege and touting for the closure of this establishment and a huge reparation paid to "under privileged of this country."

Hey if you want to sit there and delude yourself that this isn't political in anyway, who am I to say otherwise. You are free to wallow in your own....whatever it is.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of the state of divisive politics in the US including political ideology, politicians , political figures, politics in the media, and speculation of conspiracy theories related to the divisive state.

An official complaint has been filed with the state attorneys office which is a gov't entity with politicians involved.

In addition, there are numerous people here in ATS that believe in a political and Media conspiracy with an intent to keep the people fighting among themselves (conspiracy theories related to the divisive state) by ignoring discrimination against white people and primarily concentrating on white against black hate tactics.

These tactics help create a victim and villain grouping which no one likes to be classified as. Hence it leads to a divisive state. In reality Discrimination is discrimination regardless of sex, color, or race. We are not going to move any further ahead in racism as long as one race is portrayed as the victim and the other as the villain.

As ownbestenemy stated

It is pretty valid for the political madness forum in my opinion. The point being, as others have pointed out, is that discrimination laws and public accommodation rules have been applied to some businesses and we shall see if it is applied equally.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

This story appears to add some validity to that conspiracy.

However, I'm not aware of any perks about starting a topic in this forum so if their is a better place to move this thread so be it. The mods are pretty good and fast around here from what I have seen, so I'm sure if they feel that way they will certainly have no problems moving this thread to the right place.

edit on 441031America/ChicagoFri, 09 Oct 2015 08:44:26 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Doom and Gloom

Of course you wouldn't. Doesn't fit into your own political agenda. However; if it were white only yoga classes your would march with the rest of MSM touting the inequalities of white privilege and touting for the closure of this establishment and a huge reparation paid to "under privileged of this country."

Hey if you want to sit there and delude yourself that this isn't political in anyway, who am I to say otherwise. You are free to wallow in your own....whatever it is.

Hilarious.

I don't have yoga political agenda. Or a political agenda about a stupid things a bigot does that will go nowhere.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42
Ahh its so great to see progress in this day an age, not!!!

Apparently , this business owner has no problems with discriminating against whites. Perhaps its time that we need to drop the racist card and start dealing the idiot card. From what I have seen idiocy does not appear to discriminate.

An email blast about the class says it's aimed at people of color and of all sexualities, ages, body sizes, abilities, genders, and experience with yoga. It specifically identifies "lesbian, bisexual, gay, queer and trans-friendly/affirming," plus people who self-identify as "African American/black/of the African Diaspora, Asian, South Asian, West Asian/Arab/Middle Eastern, Pacific Islander, First Nations/Alaskan Native/Native American/Indigenous, Chican/Latin, or Multiracial/Mixed-Race." The email adds that "white friends, allies and partners are respectfully asked not to attend."

The interesting part of this is , it appears that a local newscaster is pushing the issue to see what happens when the cards are reversed. Apparently they contacted the state attorney about this.

Washington State Attorney General Bob Ferguson previously told Dori that his office would go after any business that discriminates against a specific group of people. Dori wants to know if Ferguson will stick to his word.

"Now we're gonna find out if my instincts about the attorney general and about our state government [are right] — using the power of government to go after the Christian florist in the Tri-Cities who didn't want to do the gay wedding ceremony. Will they also go after the yoga studio that discriminates against people based on their skin color?" he said.

mynorthwest.com...

This is a no brainer...how else are you supposed to get in shape for the Miss Black America pageant?

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Wow, everyone missed the most important question!

Is Rachel Dolezal allowed to attend?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join