It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trevor Noah, so what do you think

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Well it has been less than a couple of weeks and I just can't watch "The Daily Show" anymore. I truly find Trevor sub-par as a comic. His interviews are painful. I wanted to give him a chance. I remember Colbert getting off to a rough start but he certainly pulled it out. I gave Colbert's predecessor Larry Wilmore 2 weeks and lost interest as well. I have the same problem with John Oliver, I don't like folks from other Countries talking down about my Country, a weakness of mine I guess. Go complain about your own miserable Country.

Maybe I'm just an old fart who watched John since his debut and my humor is old school. I truly wish Trevor the best, maybe I'll check him at a later date.

So what do you folks think, tell me I'm wrong, I miss "The Daily Show" and surprised this hasn't come up before.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ugmold

Not a big fan of Wilmore, and kinda meh about Noah too.

Kinda unfair to them as they are stepping into some pretty big shoes but I feel the same as you about Noah being sub par on the comedic side of things.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Trevor isn't as funny as Stewart but just has a different style.

I have the same problem with John Oliver, I don't like folks from other Countries talking down about my Country, a weakness of mine I guess.

Oliver is doing the same thing that Stewart used to do seeing something that is screwed up in America then talking about it. Did you think Stewart was talking down America or did you laugh when he did his routine?

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   
About 15 minutes was all I could take.
I had high hopes and an open mind, but I found him little more than mildly annoying.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: ugmold

What Comedy Central needs to do is bring John Oliver back and give the show to him. Just back a big ass truck full of money up to his house and dump it on his lawn and give him editorial and production control of the show. The ratings will go through the roof. Let's face it. His HBO gig is a huge success but it has a limited life cycle. he could incorporate that format once a week in the Daily show for grins if he wanted to. Trevor sucks and Larry is okay but he is better where he is at.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
Trevor isn't as funny as Stewart but just has a different style.

I have the same problem with John Oliver, I don't like folks from other Countries talking down about my Country, a weakness of mine I guess.

Oliver is doing the same thing that Stewart used to do seeing something that is screwed up in America then talking about it. Did you think Stewart was talking down America or did you laugh when he did his routine?

The difference for me is that Stewart grew up in America and has expierenced its decay and change. Oliver has been in the States for like 10 years. I also find his slant a bit more unkind than Stewarts. Like I said before, make fun of your own miserable Country, it is funnier and more easily accepted, at least for me. Imagine an American going anywhere in the World and lambasting it on a daily comedy show.....good luck.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   
hopefully that are all off the air soon

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   
noah is absolutely terrible. stewart actually had a passion and visibly cared about the state of the nation in conjunction with being able to present his views in not only an easily digestible way but in a way that was hilarious at the same time.

there are other former members from the daily show who could probably do a decent job, better than noah. like someone had mentioned, john oliver would be a good choice, but it's too late for that.

i wouldn't be surprised if the daily show was not renewed and taken off the air all together after this debacle of a host choice. i know they were trying to move the show in a new/updated direction with choosing noah but, damn, it's just unbearable, un-watchable in any sense and it's quite honestly depressing to see the demise of such an intelligent and poignant show after it's been on the air for SO many years.

they should have just ended the show when john left. i mean they didn't get a replacement for the colbert show when he left. and that's what the daily show was, it was john's show. I mean just because his name wasn't in the title doesn't mean it wasn't HIS show. it became his baby and comedy central just murdered the life out of it.

bleh
edit on 9-10-2015 by CallmeRaskolnikov because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   
It's been said even Jon Stewart wasn't John Stewart when he started, No he won't be John Stewart he will be Trevor Noah but so far I likes.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I gotta say I like Roy Wood Jr though, one of those guys that is probably funny when he's serious.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: ugmold
The difference for me is that Stewart grew up in America and has expierenced its decay and change. Oliver has been in the States for like 10 years. I also find his slant a bit more unkind than Stewarts. Like I said before, make fun of your own miserable Country, it is funnier and more easily accepted, at least for me. Imagine an American going anywhere in the World and lambasting it on a daily comedy show.....good luck.

That might be the case, if John Oliver does not make routinely jokes about England, Queen etc. As long as he points at obvious wrong doing - I don't have a problem with his origin.

As for Trevor Noah, I like more some of the new corespondents, but even he is watchable. Of course, compare this to Stewart who was there for 16 years... of course it will take some time, and I am willing to give him that time. What else to watch? O'Reilly Factor??

BTW, anyone seen Ben Carson's interview??
edit on 15-10-2015 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Don't like him. He seems stiff and stuffy.

He's also a foreigner doing satirical USA news. I know...I know...John Oliver does it well...

But it's HARD to do as someone who isn't American. John Oliver is an exception. This guy...I can't watch him. He's not convincing at all.

Now Wiltmore I like more. I'm still not a huge fan, but he's OK.

top topics

join