It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi Clerics, Academicians Call For Jihad Against Russia To Protect ISIS In Syria

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Unlettered

Hmmm, I get where you are coming from.

However the Ukraine crisis is about ethnicity - Russian ethnics are trying to break away from Ukraine and re-join Russia. Obviously Ukraine does not like this idea, having just lost the Crimean peninsula to Russia. This is all thanks to NATO pissing Putin off by wanting to build a base in UKRAINE btw - Putin did not want to be fenced in and to be honest I could't see America allow Russia to build a military base on the border of Mexico or Canada either in all fairness.

ISIS on the other hand is a pure Wahabi Jihad religious movement. They want to form a purist Islamic state and they are committing genocide against anyone who is not Islamic.

So, one war is about an ethnicity wanting to secede their land to another nation and the other war is about religion.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

He was talking about Iran and SA, not ISIS. None of them were fighting the supposed 'religious war' but rather political war for their own gain.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
a reply to: neo96

Next step, deflect attention to Israel to get the Jihadist distracted for awhile.

Seeing how Israel is buddy buddy with SA and helping ISIS by bombing Syria that won't happen.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

Next step, deflect attention to Israel to get the Jihadist distracted for awhile.

Seeing how Israel is buddy buddy with SA and helping ISIS by bombing Syria that won't happen.

LOL, I was talking about the Russia /Syria / Iran Alliance deflecting attention to Israel to get the Jihadists to go after them.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   
When it rains it pours. I imagine Turkey will be next.

I said in another thread a con man when exposed merely turns around and uses another con to get their sucker this is the population of “Muslims” who fall for the jihad con

God is separating the wheat from the chaff

I hope legitimate Islamic sources get on the ball and condemn Saudi Arabia

Of course the Saudis will claim this isn’t the government and that the SA government only is pissed because they are bombing the “good terrorists”

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Great.
Now they can all be in the same place for easier air striking.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: Kemal
As a 'normal' Muslim, I can tell you that we neither support the Saudis nor the Persians. They both (ab)use Islam to fool the people and remain their power, now they're fighting over who will have more power. # them.

Thats usually the consensus I get from Muslims here in the US and "Western" places

Im not surprised the Saudis are behind this

So, is it impertinent or naive to suggest that the Obama administration is not lifting a finger against ISIS, because he's beholden to Saudi Arabia's campaign donations?

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   
The real source of the evil and mayhem that has gripped the world is the Neocons of America and the barbaric medieval country Saudi Arabia…those backward preventers of Islam and barbaric group of sectarian bigots of religion who the Prophet Muhammad himself predicted they would be the “horn of the devil.”

Wahhabi/Salafi Islam that 18th century violent cult out of Arabia is the source of the world’s problems with Islam.

They perverted and distorted it to such an extent with this sectarian doctrine of hatred for all other faiths that didn’t exist before the 17th century and certainly wasn’t mixed with any government such as it is now in Saudi Arabia.

www.jamestown.org...

Origins of Wahhabism

When Muhammad ibn Abd al-Wahhab began preaching his revivalist brand of Islam amongst the Bedouins of the Najd [1] during the 18th century, his ideas were dismissed in the centers of Islamic learning such as al-Azhar as simplistic and erroneous to the point of heresy. Ibn Abd al-Wahhab claimed that the decline of the Muslim world was caused by pernicious foreign innovations (bida’) - including European modernism, but also elements of traditional Islam that were simply unfamiliar to the isolated Najdi Bedouins. He counseled the purging of these influences in an Islamic Revival. Ibn Abd al-Wahhab’s creed placed an overriding emphasis on tawhid (monotheism), condemning many traditional Muslim practices as shirk (polytheism). He also gave jihad an unusual prominence in his teachings. The Wahhabis called themselves Muwahideen (monotheists) - to call themselves Wahhabis was considered shirk.

Origins of Salafism

Salafism originated in the mid to late 19th Century, as an intellectual movement at al-Azhar University, led by Muhammad Abduh (1849-1905), Jamal al-Din al-Afghani (1839-1897) and Rashid Rida (1865-1935). The movement was built on a broad foundation. Al-Afghani was a political activist, whereas Abduh, an educator, sought gradual social reform (as a part of da’wa), particularly through education. Debate over the place of these respective methods of political change continues to this day in Salafi groups such as the Muslim Brotherhood.
In terms of their respective formation, Wahhabism and Salafism were quite distinct. Wahhabism was a pared-down Islam that rejected modern influences, while Salafism sought to reconcile Islam with modernism. What they had in common is that both rejected traditional teachings on Islam in favor of direct, ‘fundamentalist’ reinterpretation.

Saudi Arabia Embraces Salafi Pan-Islamism

Scholar from al-Azhar: Wahhabism is a Satanic Faith, the Horn of the Devil that Muhammad Predicted

Prophet Muhammad’s prediction in Hadith

… "There (in Najd) will occur earthquakes, trials and tribulations, and from there appears the Horn of Satan."

A number of authors have claimed that the hadith refers to Muhammad ibn Abd al-Wahhab, the patron of the Wahhabi movement. It is accounted that the origin of Muhammad ibn Abd al-Wahhab is from the modern day Najd region of Saudi Arabia,[15] which happens to be the only surviving region that carried on the title of 'Najd' after the after the geographical codification regardless that there were several distinct locations known previously as 'Najd'. This theory is generally supported by adherents to other various sects in Sunni Islam [1geographical codification regardless that there were several distinct locations known previously as 'Najd'

Saudi Arabian Wahhabi/Salafi Islam is one of the worst philosophical-religious movements in the modern world along with such doctrines as Nazism, KKK teachings and fascism.

The bad thing is that it is more than just another sect, such as the Westboro Baptist Church. What makes Wahhabism so pernicious is that it has joined with temporal power, the Kingship in Saudi Arabia; therefore it has power, wealth and influence to spread its divisive doctrines.

No offense to people who sincerely follow this narrow, literalist view of religion.
But the Quran says “There is no compulsion in religion

As well it says

ALL WILL BE JUDGED ACCORDING TO THEIR DEEDS NOT THEIR FAITH

So when they succumb to violence and doctrines of sectarian superiority and think they can impose their faith on others they cross the line from reason, justice and goodness to, ignorance, injustice, and evil.

edit on 8-10-2015 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: Kemal
As a 'normal' Muslim, I can tell you that we neither support the Saudis nor the Persians. They both (ab)use Islam to fool the people and remain their power, now they're fighting over who will have more power. # them.

Thats usually the consensus I get from Muslims here in the US and "Western" places

Im not surprised the Saudis are behind this

So, is it impertinent or naive to suggest that the Obama administration is not lifting a finger against ISIS, because he's beholden to Saudi Arabia's campaign donations?

Impertinent, no
Naive, no

Obvious, yes

Same with Hillary

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

So as an American, can I ask your opinion of Obama's response in refusing to join Russia in all this?

I promise I won't attack, it's just we've heard virtually nothing of what the everyday American thinks on this.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Wow just what we need, more jihad!
Thats all there ever is anymore. idiots calling for more and more jihad. Like it was a drug or something.

"Sir can i get you anything?"
" Hmm yes, eggs, toast and a side of jihad"
"But that will be your 3rd call for jihad today dear!"
"Oh sweety, i Can never have enough jihad" (insert audiance laugh here)

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Wait WHAT ?

Just how the Hell is Israel and the House of Saud 'best buddies' ?

They hate the ever living hell out of them.

Saudis remember FDR's broken promise

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   
All sorts of Sunnis have been targeted by IS, Academics, Scientists..ordinary people and in horrendous ways, while every religion is intrinsically open to enquiry. I don't think Sunnis will be impressed by this, even though their experiences with the infidel may not be so good either.
At any rate, I need to see more sources on this story, which on the face of it sounds more like desperation.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   
It is kind of funny that a key word is left out of the title. It should say Saudi opposition clerics. The Kingdom's state affiliated clergy called the civil war in Syria a Jihad for Syrians. It also denounced Islamic State and al Qaeda and forbade Saudi's from leaving to country to join and supporting it with money.

So yes the people who want to overthrow the Royal family have a different opinion than Kingdom itself.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Wait WHAT ?

Just how the Hell is Israel and the House of Saud 'best buddies' ?

They hate the ever living hell out of them.

Saudis remember FDR's broken promise

The Saudis and Israeli have been working very closely together for some time. They have had a series of high level meetings in Europe between each nations intelligence and defense officials on how to deal with dual common enemies of Iran and ISIS. This cooperation is closer than ever but, it was has been going since the first Gulf War.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Well that didn't take long.

Who didn't see this coming ?

Hey Russia ?

Terrorists are like a dog with a bone. They don't ever give up.

Snip them off?

You got decades of Jihad headed your way.

Should have stayed out of it.

Seems as if Putin forgot his own history lessons. Didnt a small US backed force of locals in Afghanistan kick their donkeys and send em packing back to the Soviet Union ?

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

One would think they know the 'enemy of my enemy is my 'friend' doesn't really work.

The enemy of my enemy is still my enemy.

That is gonna come back and bite them in the butt.

Neither the Sunnis or the Shia like the Israelis very much.

edit on 8-10-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   

We see those True Colors Shining through!

As expected, the Saudi's support their ISIS brothers and their despicable actions.

www.ibtimes.co.in...

Fifty-five clerics and academicians in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia have reportedly issued a call for jihad against Russia to protect the so-called Islamic State (Isis). They have asked "true Muslims" from across the globe to answer the call of Jihad and leave for Syria to fight for the Islamic State (Isis), according to Al Arabiya.

"The holy warriors of Syria are defending the whole Islamic nation. Trust them and support them ... because if they are defeated, God forbid, it will be the turn of one Sunni country after another," the clerics said in a statement.

According a Reuters report, the Saudi clerics behind the fatwa though are not part of the KSA government, their "strong sectarian and anti-Christian language" was a reflection of the anger among the Saudi nationals over the involvement of the Russians and Iranians in the Syrian war.

The Saudi clerics in their statement emphasised that Muslims and Arabs should "give all moral, material, political and military" support to Isis to fight the Russia-led Shi'ite and Orthodox Christian crusade against the Sunni Muslims.

A Jihad Watch report noted this was a clear reflection of the stance of most Saudis and this is the reason "why the Saudis have not moved energetically against the Islamic State themselves: if they did, they could be facing an internal uprising from Saudis who believe the Islamic State to be manifesting authentic Islam."

This is a relevant story from al Arabiya, In it, or at least from a former general manager there, it makes clear that the Saudi government is pursuing IS, not that they seem too happy with Russian intervention.

english.alarabiya.net...

You pulled an American based source, which is a bit itchy and scratchy at times. It remains to be seen who has the right handle on it.
edit on 8-10-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I believe that PUTIN is NOT going to allow this to get bogged down in an Afghanistan type perennial war like the Russians got caught up in the 1970’s and 80’s with Afghanistan.

Ironically if the US would have left Russia alone then to exterminate the jihadists menaces all the subsequent madness: 911 and all the related mistakes like Iraq would not have occurred.

But of course back then Russia supporting a secular Afghan government was the bad guys and the pre-modern jihadists were the noble savages of the West and world at the time

Now people have seen these religious bigots for what they are.

Putin I believe will put up to 200,000 troops in there if he has to

He will not fall and let the US mess around with them as they did before

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

And didn't the Vietnamese send America packing in Vietnam? Oh no wait, we are not allowed to ever mention the US losing a war, my bad!

What is your point?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join