It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Summer Gas

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
a reply to: VoidHawk

like 10 fires to 1 injection

the fuel is not injected into the piston

every second or twice a second fuel is sprayed into a compartment and then drips down into the cylinder this happens at a rate that is far less than the timing rate

an engine working they way you describe is few and far between
some Detroit diesels have the injector timing on the cam shaft

I'm not sure but I believe you're talking about batch-firing, which I don't understand why that's done either. It's used mostly on "V" engines and is usually used to save wiring and simplify the ECU; basically, all the injectors on a single side of the engine are fired at the same time, by the same wire (or at the very least, the same signal from the ECU). This means that each injector fires 2-3 shots at nothing for every cycle of the engine. Most of that fuel is wasted.
edit on 8-10-2015 by Aldakoopa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk

originally posted by: deadeyedick
a reply to: VoidHawk

you can always take an injector from your engine and watch the timing for yourself.

In case anyone should try this, its extremely dangerous, it will inject through your skin!

yes of coarse do not point it at anyone just into the air for a moment to view the timing rate and dispersal of the liquid fuel

You are right about lean being hot

in my experiments with winter gas I have to add air to get the fuel ratio back down to combustible levels

this summer mix will start by being too rich then after 5 min. I have to cut the extra air then ten minutes later quite giving off vapor and dies. This is because the gas will also drop 20 or 30 degrees. I could easily bypass their summer mix bs by adding a heater to my new tank but I just wanted to vent here for a while.

edit on 8-10-2015 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Aldakoopa
yep
they fill up a compartment that feeds the cylinders

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   
but there is no liquid gas in the cylinders. The injectors spray a fine mist of gas as the cylinder is moving down and drawing air into the cylinder. the heat from the cylinder and the heat created when the fuel air mixture is compressed vaporizes all the liquid gas. when the spark plug fires it is igniting a mixture of air and gas vapors, no liquid gas.

The ecu determines how much gas is injected by keeping the injector open longer for higher speeds. sensors like the mass air flow meter, throttle position sensor, O2 sensors, manifold absolute pressure sensor etc tell the ecu how fast to open and close the injectors and how long to keep them open.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Been meaning to play with HHO injection to increase the efficiency at which an atomized fuel spray burns.

Shame the goobers are keeping me busy with a 50% tax rate.

Atomized/injected fuel will never burn as well as evaporated fuel- but evaporation is distillation and leaves heavier fuel oil behind.
Gooberment forbid anyone without a multi billion dollar contract learn about distillation, though.

Idjits, the lot.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   
www.popularmechanics.com... ars/a3180/summer-blend-vs-winter-blend-gasoline-whats-the-difference-13747431/

Summer gas vs winter gas

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

Well you are not wrong but do leave out a few details that lead to poor mileage and still wasteful practices.

There is 160 gallons of vapor in a gallon of liquid gas

The correct ratio for i.c.e. is 14 parts air to one part vapor.

that is roughly 2200 gallons of mixed fuel at 14psi from one gallon of liquid gas.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join