It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Not Welcome in Roseburg?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Seraii
As a citizen of Oregon, the most I've heard is that he is coming to Roseburg to speak with the families, but one family has rejected his request to speak with them due to the fact he hasn't made any laws against gun violence was what our local news station said.

the "families" are already of concern to the media, it will be another mainstream media event, lots of photo ops handshaking reassurances from local forces that random gun violence must not be tolerated by americans, Americans arent safe outside their homes even in a place like a community college campus environment
yes it sounds 'political' and it is, then again crazy people do get hold of handguns and we've all seen what happens on tv.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: blacktie

Yes there will probably be a lot of handshaking and photo taking, I'm not on either side for gun laws, either or. It's a 50/50 chance of which way the outcome will be. But that's the only information that I have, is that he's supposedly meeting the families personally, firsthand.. Of course his secret service men will be there, but that's a must and you'd have to assume publicity and accept that you'd be displayed publicly.

Yes, I am fairly worried when I head into college, taking action would not be for me though, mostly for the fact it's a 50/50 chance of how it would go. It really depends on the community of people you're giving the laws to, to be honest. That's just one opinion out of a million, do with it what you must. And also thanks for your feedback to my response!

<< 1   >>

join