It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Startup NASA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
This looks very interesting and promising . It looks like NASA is getting into the startup business.

They are giving individuals the ability to select and utilize NASA technology patents UPFRONT FOR FREE to start a business. You will need to select the available technology then provide a business plan to implement.

I see this as a great thing to allow the small fry to compete against the big guys.

www.technology.nasa.gov...

By offering a license with no up-front costs for commercial use of our patented technologies, we're letting companies hold onto their cash while securing the intellectual property needed to carve out competitive market space

These technologies have been vetted for technical and commercial viability by NASA and external sources.
Patents are maintained and protected by the US Government.
NASA technical personnel and facilities can be available to lend additional support.

This offer is open only to companies formed with the express intent of commercializing the licensed NASA technology.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I'm glad to see at least one of agencies making smart moves...

I wonder will we ever find how much of our everyday technology has its root from NASA and space race. (Of course, big part is from war machine as well
)

Thanks for sharing!

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

I suppose this would be a good way to track and control.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Color me curious.

There are so many layers to this onion, I don't know where to begin. Good initiative though.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: trifecta
Color me curious.

There are so many layers to this onion, I don't know where to begin. Good initiative though.

While I think this is pretty cool. The part I find curious is a public organization such a NASA that gets gov't funding will be able to charge you a tax payer a net royalty fee and also negotiate a price for exclusivity rights.

I would have liked or better yet expected to have seen open source type licenses for any one to use without any exclusivity rights if the research was paid by gov't tax payers money.

Looks like its almost a double dipping scheme the more I think about it?
edit on 101031America/ChicagoThu, 08 Oct 2015 15:10:55 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42 It's pretty stupid of the population to allow this invasion. Once every word and every move of all the people are known, then we will be in an inescapable trap. You will be told what and when you are required to buy from corporations. When and what to eat. When you can shower. You will also die on schedule. I think it's the perchlorate in the water that's making us so stupid.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Wait...
Is NASA not a Taxpayer Funded government Office? Or is it like the Federal Reserve, and people only think it it Government run? I have always thought our Taxes Funded NASA as they are part of the Federal Budget. If that is so,it seems to me we should have free and open access to tech that we Funded development of. Sure, National Security and all, but even there I don't see an issue. We already paid for it.

I like the bit about "no upfront costs", hahahaha, they will get theirs in the end. Again, We already paid for it!!!

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Its looking at what IBM etc did and looking at its patent portfolio and going well we could make a bit towards a new project if we license out the tech as the companies will take a risk on using the patents and thus if it works they get a slab of change and if it doesn't oh well

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

It's about time is all I have to say. The public did pay for all of it already so, I am not inclined to be thankful.

Also, I'll believe it when I see it.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: LettaMego
a reply to: interupt42 It's pretty stupid of the population to allow this invasion. Once every word and every move of all the people are known, then we will be in an inescapable trap. You will be told what and when you are required to buy from corporations. When and what to eat. When you can shower. You will also die on schedule. I think it's the perchlorate in the water that's making us so stupid.

I'm not sure I follow what this has todo with Nasa allowing people to access their patents upfront for free then doing business with them for a fee down the road?

Perhaps you posted in the wrong thread or replied to the wrong post ?

new topics

top topics

join