It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian cruise missiles intended for targets in Syria hit Iran instead

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:
(post by ATSWATCHER removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Russian Media does not concern itself with truth, only what is advantageous to the government agenda (true or not) and Russian media is either owned or under direct control of the government it meant to check.

When you gonna understand that it is "The Internet Age"

Russian speaking media have many colors.

Umm ... Didn't noticed this at first glance lol

Western Governments and Media mostly tell the truth...and when it doesn't is mostly exposed by western media..

What are you doing on this site than, go back to your trusted Western Media.
Western Media perfected the art of deception in a much more elegant way than Russia.
Go and read and believe them more.
edit on 10-10-2015 by kitzik because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
a reply to: spy66

W e have cruise missiles with similiar range as well so whats to b e impressed about? That it even left the ship? that it made it more than 500 miles? That it MISSED ITS TARGET?(hilarious btw) In soviet russia cruise missiles missing their target is a success.

And SPutnik news i s just liek RT. unreliable.

What was impressive was that some actually made it past 150 miles...hehe I think it was 5 that failed, but the impressiveness was more along the lines of a 5 year old actually hitting a free throw, not King James doing a spectacular dunk...

edit on 10-10-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ATSWATCHER
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

And I'm pointing out FSB man. BTW, you're the one who changed the subject. This is not about which system is more corrupt, this thread is trying to evaluate which side is telling the truth. There is nothing improbable in 10-20% misfires. On the other hand, Russia has resorted to ridicule, and is publishing blatant fiction. I repeat: how do they know that the Pentagon is frightened "behind closed doors?"
edit on Sat Oct 10 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: kitzik

What are you doing on this site than, go back to your trusted Western Media.
Western Media perfected the art of deception in a much more elegant way than Russia.
Go and read and believe them more.

What? And not give our Russian friends an alternative to their own media?

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 02:53 AM
link   
so, any proof yet or should this thread be moved into hoax section where it belongs?

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: donhuangenaro
so, any proof yet or should this thread be moved into hoax section where it belongs?

The intensity of the campaign to bury this is strong evidence that it is true.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

originally posted by: donhuangenaro

The intensity of the campaign to bury this is strong evidence that it is true.

Is unconfirmed News a fact now?

Where is the confirmation DJ001?

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Apparently, only if it comes from RT.com. Where is that Chinese aircraft carrier, exactly?

It took less than sixty seconds for someone to come on here and try to discredit me. Why?

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

Apparently, only if it comes from RT.com. Where is that Chinese aircraft carrier, exactly?

It took less than sixty seconds for someone to come on here and try to discredit me. Why?

I am just asking if there are confirmed reports that 4 cruise missiles crashed in Iran. Nothing more nothing less.

If there are non. It means that the once who say there were 4 cruise missiles that crashed..... they are the once who are making up stories about it.

- The Chinese carrier?? i have no idea. I have never brought up that topic here or anywhere else on ATS.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   

I am just asking if there are confirmed reports that 4 cruise missiles crashed in Iran. Nothing more nothing less.

There are no confirmed reports because Russia has been trying to portray its operation as an unqualified success. There is plenty of evidence, however:

1. Russia has about a 10-20% failure rate with its rockets.
2. There were social media reports of an explosion in northwest Iran.
3. Rather than ignore the reports, Russian media has tried to ridicule the media running the story.
4. There have been no faked photographs released, indicating the story is not part of a large, coordinated disinformation campaign.
5. Russian trolls are ridiculing the story and trying to have it declared a hoax.

If there are non. It means that the once who say there were 4 cruise missiles that crashed..... they are the once who are making up stories about it.

Or else Russia and Iran are lying. Unlike the Chinese warship story, this one is completely plausible.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

4. There have been no faked photographs released, indicating the story is not part of a large, coordinated disinformation campaign.

The story is based on unnamed sources.

Not one single piece of evidence has been released, indicating the story didn't happen.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: RogueWave

The story is based on unnamed sources.

So is this one:

But while publicly deriding Moscow’s efforts to combat the self-proclaimed Islamic State terrorist group, military officials – behind closed doors – are thoroughly impressed by the technology on display.

sputniknews.com...

And yet, somehow, the people who are doubting the American unnamed sources are believing the Russian ones!

Not one single piece of evidence has been released, indicating the story didn't happen.

No, it only indicates that if it did happen, Russia and Iran are covering up, which they have every reason to do. Plus, the fact is, since the alleged incident Russia has stopped launching missiles over Iran.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Who mentioned sputniknews? I sure didn't.

Why do you need to change the subject?

If I say that that sputniknews article is based on nothing, will you admit that this story is based on nothing?

No, thought so.

So what have you gained by changing the subject? Nothing. To the contrary.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Who mentioned sputniknews? I sure didn't.

Spy66 just did.

Why do you need to change the subject?

I don't need to change the subject; I'm merely pointing out that this story is every bit as credible as stories posted to discredit it.

If I say that that sputniknews article is based on nothing, will you admit that this story is based on nothing?

At least this story is attributed to an anonymous source. The one in sputnik just states it as fact.

No, thought so.

Try me. Did sputnik publish a complete fabrication?

So what have you gained by changing the subject? Nothing. To the contrary.

I haven't changed the subject. I am pointing out that this story is more credible than the ones trying to debunk it. RT even posted a fake picture!

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   

I haven't changed the subject. I am pointing out that this story is more credible than the ones trying to debunk it.

BS. This thread is about the claims of the missiles. That sputnik story was not about the missile story. We were talking about this story.

We weren't talking about how credible this story is compared to other stories that are not even relevant to this case.

Quit deflecting.
edit on 11-10-2015 by RogueWave because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   

BS. This thread is about the claims of the missiles. That sputnik story was not about the missile story. We were talking about this story.

Okay, why does RT find it necessary to keep attacking the outlets that run this story?

www.rt.com...

www.rt.com...

www.rt.com...

www.rt.com...

That's an awful lot of coverage for a "non-story." When the pro-Russian mediasphere was burning up with the false story that Chinese ships were headed for Syria, the Chinese media scarcely mentioned it at all. I could only find one reference, and that was in an interview about ship building. We now know that story was completely false... and yet:

“The Chinese will be arriving in the coming weeks,” a Syrian army official told the Lebanon-based news website Al-Masdar Al-‘Arabi.

The report claims that a Chinese naval vessel is on its way to Syria with dozens of “military advisers” on board. They will reportedly be followed by troops.

The ship is said to have passed the Suez Canal in Egypt and be making its way through the Mediterranean Sea.

www.rt.com...

Not only has RT not retracted the claims, they didn't quote the article in Masdar Al-'Arabi accurately in the first place!

We weren't talking about how credible this story is compared to other stories that are not even relevant to this case.

But RT keeps saying the claims are false, even though they have been proven to make false claims themselves. Don't you think the credibility of the "debunkers" is just as important as the sources of the story?

Quit deflecting.

Now you're deflecting. Why is RT so feverishly trying to discredit this story, and why have there been so many attempts to have this thread moved to [HOAX!]?

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Larijani: Iran Consulted ahead of Russia’s Air Campaign in Syria

“It is early to judge Russia’s attacks on terrorists’ positions in Syria. Of course, consultations were already held with Iran about a coalition to fight terrorists,” Larijani said in a joint press conference with Marshal of Poland’s Senate Bogdan Borusewicz in Tehran on Saturday.

He added that the air raids have been carried out with precision so far.

Russia began its military campaign against terrorists in Syria on September 30 upon a request from the Damascus government shortly after the upper house of the Russian parliament gave President Vladimir Putin the mandate to use military force in Syria.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join