It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian cruise missiles intended for targets in Syria hit Iran instead

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Well i am one of those who do not have need to have one mantra to chant like its only truths, i believe there is many layers going on and it is not obvious who is the greatest threat yet, i make up my mind along the way. So things i believe keeps rolling and changing as i understand things more and more.. While it is also true that many western governments have lost most of their credibility in at least my mind, i am still hopeful that even their own terrorists inside governments will get busted and jailed, then things can be fixed and healing can take it place..

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: romilo

I believe Western governments have an ethical premise and system with sometimes corrupt participants and policies.

I believe the Russian government operates under an unethical, unapologetically corrupt premise and system. Corruption and dishonesty is a requirement and carries rewards not consequences or prosecution.

It is not a binary choice..

Western Governments and Media mostly tell the truth...and when it doesn't is mostly exposed by western media..

Russian Media does not concern itself with truth, only what is advantageous to the government agenda (true or not) and Russian media is either owned or under direct control of the government it meant to check.

US Forces accidentally bombed a Hospital in Afghanistan last week...The Pres. of the US publicly admitted and owned the mistake and apologized profusely for the tactical error and opened an investigation.

Russia wouldn't even admit they invaded Ukraine, even as the body bags began returning to Russia and Russian families grieved.

edit on 9-10-2015 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

(post by spy66 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   
further proof russia doesnt even need america to start world war three those idiots are doing a fine job starting it themselves!

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Have not read every post beyond your post on page 3 but here is a link to the US shoot-down of an Iranian passenger flight over the Strait of Hormuz in 1988.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Well, I said I'd give it 24 hours then check back in this thread. Nothing changed yet?

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace
I can see a 20 mile miss being a problem with the targeting software. However this was around a 1100+ mile miss. That screams intentional... on someone's part.

Either there was a piss poor weapons officer on duty, or as others have said a hack or weapon technology transfer.

What do you think they are going to do? catch one with a net lol??? They are 29 feet long and fly over 800 mph. That would be the greatest stunt in history, especially when they could Just drive them there on a truck and say here ya go lol. Russian missiles are for the most part top notch but are notorious for not working at all sometimes. These could have been made by someone who wasn't getting a paycheck at the time.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass

originally posted by: Misterlondon
Imagine if this was an American missile.. There would be f ing uproar right now.

You mean like when the US military targeted an Iranian civilian jetliner?

As I recall, Americans gave zerophuks.

Ahh th eWhoops we shot down a airliner. The pilot of said airliners IFF was tweeting it was a Iranian f-14 and they repeatedly ignored hails of turn away.

WHich gives creedence to the PAssengers and drew were all dead to begin with and it was piloted remotely. th edead bodies in the ocean had th esigns of advanced decomp when they were recovered hours later. not days,hours.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 02:01 AM
link   
looks like some people didn't learn the 'Iraqi WMD' (still missing) lesson

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Russian cruise missile seam to impress Pentagon.

The high-tech cruise missiles fired on IS targets from the Caspian Sea were largely unknown to the West. Now that their efficiency has been demonstrated, military experts around the world are shocked.

But while publicly deriding Moscow’s efforts to combat the self-proclaimed Islamic State terrorist group, military officials – behind closed doors – are thoroughly impressed by the technology on display.

The Pentagon is identifying the missiles as SS-N-30s, and while US intelligence officials had been aware of an earlier model known as the SS-N-27, the sheer range demonstrated in Wednesday’s raid caught officials off-guard.

While Western intelligence was aware of the SS-N-27, that model was an anti-ship missile, and presumed to have a relatively limited range of less than 150 miles. The SS-N-30s, however, traveled roughly 1,000 miles, across two countries, before striking targets in Syria.

Western analysts were also surprised by the fact that such long-range missiles were successfully fired from relatively small naval ships. The SS-N-30 is comparable to the Tomahawk missile, and in the US Navy, those are fired from vessel with a length of at least 500 feet.

On Friday, the Obama administration announced it was shutting down the Pentagon’s infamously troubled plan to train and arm so-called “moderate” Syrian rebels. This followed reports from newspaper DWN, claiming that Obama’s top-level advisors were advising a complete US military withdrawal from Syria.

sputniknews.com...

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 02:34 AM
link   

So missiles hit Iran by mistake . Better than this effort .

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 03:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

So missiles hit Iran by mistake . Better than this effort .

So far the US have not been able to find anything or confirm anything on the Russian campain in Syria.

I dont know how some of you can beleive unconfirmed News and shape it into some sort of fact.

Its like you want to live a lie so that you dont loose face. It is hard for an American patriot to see that Russia can do so much With so little.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: spy66

So far the US have not been able to find anything or confirm anything on the Russian campain in Syria.

Are you implying the campaign may not really exist? Or do you mean there has been no confirmation of the failed missiles.

I dont know how some of you can beleive unconfirmed News and shape it into some sort of fact.

You tell me. How can you take a series of statements by a Russian media outlet about how the Pentagon is reacting to their "terrifying" new weapon?

Its like you want to live a lie so that you dont loose face. It is hard for an American patriot to see that Russia can do so much With so little.

And why do you do it? Are you a Russian patriot? I am not an American patriot, I am a citizen of the world. I hate it when big counties try to push little countries around, whether it's the Us in Iraq or Russia in Ukraine. Russia was invited in by the floundering Ba'athist government, so they are there legally. All I can say is that Assad is welcome to his desserts.

As for the crashed missiles, as you recall I was initially skeptical. Do you know what convinced me? This:

www.rt.com...

This much ridicule is a good sign there is something to the story. Otherwise, why even bother to acknowledge it. Perhaps a brief announcement by the MoD. Why the furious denunciations? Combine that with the furious effort to have threads like this one declared a hoax, and it becomes obvious who is really running a disinformation campaign.

That is one of Russia's problems. They believe that by controlling information they can control reality, and it does nothing but make them look bad. When their rebels shot down an airliner, they could have admitted they made a terrible mistake and apologized, the way the US did in Afghanistan. Instead, they denied it and launched a massive, contradictory disinformation campaign. Now, a couple of their missiles went astray. That happens, no big deal. The problem is, they had already been lying about how accurate their missiles were. Rather than be truthful and say that all of the missiles that reached their targets, 90%, hit their target perfectly, they are covering it up and running a smear campaign against western media.

Incidentally, note how the claims in the west are always attributed to a source to allow you to judge how likely they are to be truthful and accurate. How does Sputnik know what's happening in the Pentagon?

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Incidentally, note how the claims in the west are always attributed to a source to allow you to judge how likely they are to be truthful and accurate.

The kind of sources that keep appearing in the western media are "unnamed sources on twitter" and the like.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: RogueWave

The kind of sources that keep appearing in the western media are "unnamed sources on twitter" and the like.

Whereas Sputnik tells us what goes on "behind closed doors" at the Pentagon. Is this creative fiction, or a confession that the FSB is better at spying than the NSA?

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   

W e have cruise missiles with similiar range as well so whats to b e impressed about? That it even left the ship? that it made it more than 500 miles? That it MISSED ITS TARGET?(hilarious btw) In soviet russia cruise missiles missing their target is a success.

And SPutnik news i s just liek RT. unreliable.
edit on 15000000ppam by yuppa because: added sentence structure

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

W e have cruise missiles with similiar range as well so whats to b e impressed about? That it even left the ship? that it made it more than 500 miles? That it MISSED ITS TARGET?(hilarious btw) In soviet russia cruise missiles missing their target is a success.

And SPutnik news i s just liek RT. unreliable.

And US media is so much better... com on. Stating facts as maybe, probably,,, Yeah we dont know. But hell the US support IS so they have to pull some crap out of the hat.

You can defend Your government.... they sure need People like you now.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
"Not that hitting Iran is a real bad thing IMO."

Because hittting Iran would be a good thing why?

Agree with EternalSolace. That's a mighty big miss.

a reply to: Misterlondon

Like the U.S. one that hit the hospital in Afghanistan?

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

"Not that hitting Iran is a real bad thing IMO."

Because hittting Iran would be a good thing why?

Agree with EternalSolace. That's a mighty big miss.

a reply to: Misterlondon

Like the U.S. one that hit the hospital in Afghanistan?

This is just another false propaganda claim set in motion by US media.

They cant even confirm where or when it happen. How can they know if 4 cruise missiles whent Down in Irian if they cant confirm where or when?

Sounds a bit stupid doesn't it?

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   

If we're going to jump down the rabbit hole, we might as well look at another realm of possibility.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's a satellite tasked over Iran capable of monitoring such things. However, such a satellite and such monitoring wouldn't go over too well if it were known overtly. So the U.S. has to hide what and how they know by masking what they really know... or obfuscating it a little bit.

edit on 10/10/2015 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join