It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

How can one 3rd grader be allowed to terrorize a whole school?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 08:51 PM

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: AccessDenied

We don't know why it was locked down, I think if someone makes a threat you have to.
It is a procedural and CYA thing.

I thought the article was clear that the principal locked classrooms down because a 3rd grade student was running wild throughout the school, throwing rocks at people.
A 3rd grade student... holding the rest of the school at bay.
Seems like a lunatic is running the asylum there.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 09:57 PM
a reply to: butcherguy

Those are two parents saying two things.
Chantelle is talking about things the boy has done and does talk about throwing rocks.

And Tara talking about what her daughter told her.

Not so sure that is clear that it was throwing rocks that caused the lock down.

Chantelle says the boy even threw rocks, and other things at students and teachers.
“It makes me really scared because sometimes he runs around the whole school, and if he sees you looking at him, he’ll run up and scream in your face,” Chantelle said.
Parents say the disruptive and violent behavior has forced the principal to lock down all classrooms on campus a few times, most recently on Monday.
“She told us to get inside and lock your door,” third grader Lily said.
Parent Tara Lesage pulled Lily out of school the last two days; about 30 other parents have done the same.

edit on thThu, 08 Oct 2015 21:57:22 -0500America/Chicago1020152280 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 10:09 PM
a reply to: paxnatus

As a society the US has simply become too soft. Teachers unable or not allowed to take control of a third grader for fear of some sort of repercussion. Meanwhile an entire school is affected.

Meanwhile in Oregon we have entire classrooms of people laying down and being shot one by one. Naturally it took an Army veteran to stand up to that guy.

On 9/11 dudes with box cutters managed to slaughter thousands of people and, for the most part, there was little resistance.

It would seem Americas experiment with extreme, touchy-feely political correctness has run it's course. This society has literally become as tame and ineffectual as a flock of sheep.

The America of yesterday may have been imperfect but they created an incredible society. A society that the
weak and timid, easily offended masses are unable to maintain.

Take your kids hunting and put them in boxing lessons. Teach them that hard work makes success and that life isn't fair. Tell them fighting solves everything and crying is for sissies. Make them read books and play with knives and fireworks.

This country is about to sink into an abyss of it's own tears.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 10:22 PM
Oh my, am I the only one who's actually paying attention to the lowest possible level of journalism ever in regards to this specific news story???

Who in the world doesn't dig deeper than to just interview a few students and a few adults and get one side of the coin?! Show us the kid. Show us the parents. Give us a non-biased perspective upon which we can judge. Since you're not doing so, at least show us the kid
throwing a rock at the second camera man. Piss it off with a stick or something...

Oh, where's Vice when you need their four-eyed hipster reporters... (and this is SF so I'm surprised they're not all over this story yet, doing a close-up interview with the kid while taking psychoactive substances together). They may be hipster, but at least they'd usually provide both of the aforementioned blood and real-life POV drama.

p.s. all irony aside, if I had two cents, they'd say this story is absolute BS.

/irony restarted
OR! The news reporter is actually some wacko-semi-christian-cult member, who wants to push a story that the antichrist is alive and breathing in this Mt. Diablo school. A story many would actually buy for granted.
edit on 8-10-2015 by ch1n1t0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 11:03 PM

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: queenofswords

originally posted by: queenofswords

a reply to: queenofswords

He is a special snowflake! We have to give him room to grow at all the other students expense!

What have we done....

We have created a monster!

Maybe he's being groomed for something! ~~sigh

I read the story about 5 minutes before you posted it. Needless to say, I sighed very heavily, went to my fridge and grabbed a beer!

Grooming him for prison, because when he gets out of school I am almost certain the police won't grant him special snow flake immunity from bad behavior?

The name of the school is Mt. Diablo. Doesn't that mean "devil" in Spanish? Maybe he's the mascot.

But, seriously, why would a 3rd grader be allowed to behave like this to the point parents are pulling their children out of the school. This is not normal.

Well, I am old school. I got taught about behaving badly by getting my ass whooped! No drugs, no time outs, and yet I still love my elderly parents for preparing me for the real world.

I am sure, I will be crucified for having that opinion, but meh, I am immune to the whining of a certain segment of our society....
You won't be crucified by me because you are absolutely correct.

CPS is the cause of all the child problems we face today when they made it illegal to discipline you kids.

I believe it is so certain pharma companies can make a killing drugging kids up instead of parents spanking them.No money involved in spanking.

Kids now days don't understand that there are consequences for their actions,and that will come back to haunt them later.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 11:05 PM
a reply to: crazyeddie68
My kid is in Pre-K at Catholic School and I'm paying tuition out the rear end.... I thought at a minimum my kid would live in fear of a Nun's ruler.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 11:20 PM

So, let me see if I have this straight.......

If you eat your food into a gun shape, or talk about a toy gu at home, or a cloud that looks like a gun, you can be suspended or even expelled, but this kid can attack students and teachers, and terrorize the whole school, to the point of forcing classroom lockdowns, and he's allowed to stay???

I couldn't help but notice the name of the school.....Mt. Diablo........

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 11:37 PM

originally posted by: eluryh22
a reply to: chiefsmom

The parents of this kid sure have a role in it as well.

While not a complete monster, there is a kid in our son's Pre-K class that is, let us say, a bit wild. My wife volunteers a few times a week to help during lunch time (help kids with their juice-boxes, take them to the restroom, etc). She noticed that the s.o.b. parents of this kid send him practically nothing for lunch. Typically they send in one of those tiny bags of potato chips and three oreo cookies. By his actions and what they send him to school with, it is clear the parents are not doing well by this child.

While the teacher isn't allowed to tell us much about another student, she has indicated that her calls to the parents aren't answered or returned. E-mails don't get responded to. An older sibling picks up the child after school. Its friggen heartbreaking.

Worst part is, when my wife kneels down onto his level and kindly but firmly tells him he has to listen to grown-ups for his own safety, for a few moments he is mesmerized and behaves. Clearly he is starving for parental attention.

That reminds me of some stories my sister told, when she taught school. The lace she was teaching was not in a good area, and there were druggie parents and even worse issues. I really felt for those kids.

You are totally correct about the need for parental attention! We encountered a kid at the pool once, with such a need. At this pool, there is a hoop to toss a ball in, and they have a ball there for use with this. Well, mostly, people share, and there are no issues, but with this kid, there were. Some of us were doing a simple game, tossing to see who hot x number of hoops first. The kid came over, caught the ball, and just started tossing it to himself, as though no one else was there. I told asked him if he realized other people were using it, and stated that he needed to share. His response was defensive, at first, with a comment to the effect of sharing meaning he got to play, too. I said, of course he could, but not just him, and if he's wait a couple of minutes, we were actually almost done, and he could have it, or join if he wanted. He looked surprised, then agreed, and you could tell no one had ever explained anything like that to him before. He was part of a group of kids that showed up, no adults, who were all acting too loud and wild. After that, he seemed calmer.

You have to wonder, where are the parents???

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 06:14 AM
a reply to: ketsuko

My mother-in-law just took early retirement from teaching elementary school because of the "preferential" treatment policies for the government's "chosen people". Problem was the little #hits KNEW they could get away with anything they wanted too.

I see big opportunities for private education.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 06:30 AM
I agree with punishing the parents. Public, pants down spanking with the kid watching. I think that will leave an impression.

If not, then home-schooling.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 06:40 AM
Omg. When did the majority people become total SISSIES??

This kid is a CLASSIC bully.

Someone punches him in the nose, it stops!

Problem solved.

Where's the fifth graders at??

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 06:41 AM
I don't know about you but if I were a parent there I would make sure I stared directly at his little face everyday till the monster tried to attack me . [post=19902371]queenofswords[/post

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 06:52 AM
Seems they'll use any excuse to lock down schools and acclimate kids to that kind of authoritarian knee-jerk response. Run, hide, do nothing unsafe. My God, if a single 3rd grader can shut down a school I would fire the whole administration for incompetence.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 06:53 AM
a reply to: ch1n1t0

You can't do that because it might reveal embarrassing details such as why this child is the way he is or other factors that might otherwise embarrass society.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 07:22 PM
Get the parents together, hire a lawyer and sue

That will get the district involved.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 07:51 PM
So they know he's violent and choose to do nothing? Wait until he throws a rock and busts some other kids head or knocks an eye out, I hope they get sued right back to a one room school house. This crap wouldn't happen back in my day.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 08:48 PM

He is a special snowflake! We have to give him room to grow at all the other students expense!

What have we done....

We've let the retard psychologists and psychiatrists dictate how to deal with behavior problems with their psycho-babble and big pharma drugs.

I remember kids getting paddled in school for being bad, hell for even cheating. But in all fairness even teachers and administrators have taken a downward turn. We have a serious problem and there are main pieces to this puzzle-o-s#!t.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 08:57 PM

WEll the kid is probably mimicking what he sees at home. Sounds like some of the most violent refugee stories where they are going unchecked by the authorities. Not to say that is the case but any average person would be kicked out and expelled no questions asked, 0 Tolerance and all.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 09:02 PM
20$ if he he built a clock that resembled a bomb somehow, he would have been in handcuffs...
if the child was a minority of some sort, the news would be reported differently, guaranteed

greater actions have been taken against less threatening behavior is what im saying ...

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 09:11 PM
Oh dear, something is terribly wrong here...
This child either has a MH problem such as Oppositional Defiant Disorder, or he is quite possibly being abused at home. Children who strike other children and adults at school, often are. Why in the world haven't they called CPS, or filed a petition with the court to have a home study done to see how this child is living, and have a psychological evaluation done to see what his MH issues are.

He's not receiving the help he needs in this public arena. It's doing a disservice to him as well as the other children and staff. His constant disruptions mean something is very wrong, and this entire scenario the way it is described in the article flies in the face of rational thought and responsible school staff.

Something is wrong with the story, I think. We haven't been given the full picture.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>