It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
originally posted by: jjkenobi
Looking at who is in office right now is extremely short sighted. The other post at least made some reference to cities that have historically been ran by Democrats.
- Fort Wayne has a pretty even distribution of Republican/Democratic elected mayors. Democrats take credit for that eh?
- Detroit hasn't elected a Republican mayor since 1967. Democrats can't possible be responsible for that.
- Chicago hasn't elected a Republican mayor since 1927. Again, Democrats can't possible be responsible for that.
And your top city listed is in Texas. Texas man. One small Democratic mayor in the Republican stronghold of Texas. C'mon.
Your comparison fails hard.
originally posted by: Vroomfondel
According to the FBI, in 2012 (that last year for full reporting) the US cities with the highest murder rate were:
1. Detrot - Mayor Mike Duggan (D)
2. New Orleans - Mayor Mitch Landrieu (D)
3. St. Louis - Mayor Francis Slay (D)
4. Baltimore - Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-lake (D)
5. Newark - Mayor Ras Baraka (D)
6. Oakland - Mayor Libby Shaaf (D)
7. Stockton - Mayor Anthony Silva (D)
8. Kansas City - Mayor Sly James (I)
9. Philadelphia - Mayor Michael Nutter (D)
10. Cleveland - Mayor rank Jackson (D)
11. Memphis - Mayor A C Wharton (D)
12. Atlanta - Mayor Kasim Reed (D)
13. Chicago - Mayor Rahm Emanuel (D)
I stopped at Chicago because that's closest to me.
There isn't one republican on that list. This is the worst of the worst in the USA. The typical liberal tactic is to say "republicans do it too" as if that makes it ok. Its not ok. Not even close.
If you want to talk trash about republicans make sure they are at the top of the list.
Every shooting that happens in a school happens in a gun free zone as defined by the 1990 gun free school zone act. In 1982 then Mayor Jane Byrne passed a hand gun ban in the city of Chicago. Violent crime involving hand guns rose approximately 40% after the ban went into effect. Criminals like it when the victims are unarmed.
Democrats are always the ones shouting the loudest to take away guns when there is a tragedy somewhere in one of their gun free zones. How many people have to die before the democrats figure out that putting up a sign doesn't stop crime? How many people have to die before democrats figure out that one good guy with a gun could save lives?
Every time a terrorist kills, beheads, or burns an infidel alive democrats tell us not to blame all muslims for the actions of a few. That's ok. Why then do democrats blame all people who own guns for the actions of a few? The NRA is the only organization in the US that is constantly blamed for crimes it's members do not commit.