It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congress Passed A Bill To Change Obamacare.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Congress Passed A Bill To Change Obamacare. What Happened Next Will Amaze You.
Turns out, Republicans in Congress can make Obamacare better when they want to.
WASHINGTON -- President Barack Obama signed a bill into law Wednesday, which is pretty boring in and of itself. The legislation is kind of boring, too. But what made the moment significant is it's the first time in four years that Congress has sent the president a bill expressly intended to make Obamacare work better, not ruin it.

Obama did not hold a signing ceremony or pass out pens to beaming lawmakers when turning a bill into a law that eases health insurance regulations for small employers, but this simple event deserves commemoration because it was such a departure from the normally ugly politics of health care reform. This time, lawmakers identified a problem and worked together to pass legislation to deal with it, and then the president signed it. Just like they teach in social studies.

Everyone knows by now that congressional Republicans want to repeal the Affordable Care Act. It's one of their favorite things to do, and the House has passed dozens of bills that would erase all or part of the landmark health care reform law, or defund it or pull out pieces of it that would make the rest fall apart on its own. The ACA went on the books in March 2010, and little has changed in the politics of Obamacare since then. If the GOP primary debates are any indication, we'll still be arguing about this in 2017.
www.huffingtonpost.com...

My Gwaad!! unicorns are real, pigs do fly and there is a pot of gold at the end of every rainbow , I can't believe what I am reading and typing , you mean they actually did something useful??..and Obama signed it??

So does this quiet chorus of "Kumbaya" mean the Obamacare debate has turned a corner? Hardly. The ACA has plenty of other problems everyone knows about but that Congress won't touch.

And, alas, the very day the House passed the small business bill, GOP-run committees began carrying out a plan to repeal the whole law again.

Ok so there are still holdouts but they have come so far.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Thats ok . But Oh no care will be defunded soon enough.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879
I am starring and flagging this.
I am not hopeful however, due to the fact that the Congress passed it and Obama signed it. Most everything that they do in Washington, DC has a bad effect on those little people that are not 1%'ers.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Such a shame this is what politics has become. That entire article was nothing but bashing Republicans. It didn't even explain what was passed, other than easing regulations on small businesses.

People are so ate up with hating either side, that they don't care what legislation gets passes. I read the OP and the article and I still don't know anything other than bipartisan unicorn farts and golden rainbows.

Sad, really sad.
edit on 8-10-2015 by KawRider9 because: bacon

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Yep, more likely than not the insurance industry will gain and people will lose (although I haven't read the new changes, just an uninformed guess).

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
I am starring and flagging this.
I am not hopeful however, due to the fact that the Congress passed it and Obama signed it. Most everything that they do in Washington, DC has a bad effect on those little people that are not 1%'ers.

Yeah what's the catch right??

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9

Such a shame this is what politics has become. That entire article was nothing but bashing Republicans. It didn't even explain what was passed, other than easing regulations on small businesses.

People are so ate up with hating either side, that they don't care what legislation gets passes. I read the OP and the article and I still don't know anything other than bipartisan unicorn farts and golden rainbows.

Sad, really sad.

Yes even if they had gotten together to royally screw us all ..i'd still weep like a child because they actually worked together..

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   

And that's a major problem. It's not okay to be bent over and screwed by one side, but being gang raped by both is perfectly acceptable?

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Abolish all party affiliations. If you want to run, you run on your own individual merits. That's it.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9

And that's a major problem. It's not okay to be bent over and screwed by one side, but being gang raped by both is perfectly acceptable?

No it not, but just the fact that so many of us wanted to see a working congress and a White house together on something anything even the absurd give a glimmer of hope and raised expectations.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: KawRider9
Spot on KawRider9!,
Obamacare is a Tax and was pushed by TPTB and not Democrats or Republicans,
someday the Sheeple will wake up and realize they are Americans and not Dem. or Rep.

edit on 8-10-2015 by manuelram16 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Well has anybody figured out what this is and why Obama signed it?

I'll keep the secret.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Well has anybody figured out what this is and why Obama signed it?

I'll keep the secret.

Wouldn't have anything to do with Medicare Plan B payments increasing by 50 some odd percent would it?

Ahhhh, I was in the ballpark with the 50 number, but wrong idea.

Under the ACA as currently written, the “small employer” definition would have expanded nationally to include employers with up to 100 employees on January 1, 2016. The PACE Act gives states the option of increasing the size of “small employers” to 100 employees, but only if they affirmatively choose to do so.

PACE And EACH Acts Pass House; CMS Addresses Consumers Enrolled In Multiple Plans
edit on 8-10-2015 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

I`m guessing that it probably just exempts more people from obamacare,that seems to be the only changes that ever get made.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Burn them all,

tear it down.

Eat the rich.

That is all.

new topics

top topics

join