It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We're living in a Germany dominated Europe of disharmony!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 06:25 AM
link   
I live in Scotland and voted for independence at the last referendum. We now have a situation where the SNP (the party in power) are saying, ' the people of Scotland want to remain in the EU and if the UK exits then we want another Scottish referendum'. The SNP of course do not speak for everyone and truth be told would not have had such a landslide victory had the other parties been fit for purpose. During our referendum we were subjected to the usual media spin and bias reflecting the establishment's position. There was also the constant use of the 'fear factor' which I am sure will be used once again to ensure the vote goes the right way.
For someone like me staying in the EU for the time being might be advantageous as we would have another shot at independence however I can't be so shallow and have to vote to leave.
I view the EU, much in the same way as I view Westminster...a cesspit of corruption.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia
Oh, you mean like our government now? Taking all our taxes and spending the majority of it in London and the Southern counties. Or like have we had ANY say in where our tax money was spent. Like this government dictating to us is any diferent than being dictated to by anyone else.
As for any tax credits hold on to your hat cos they'll vanish next year.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed

Oh, you mean like our government now? Taking all our taxes and spending the majority of it in London and the Southern counties. Or like have we had ANY say in where our tax money was spent.

Taxes being paid for all manner of things... NHS, Pensions, Benefits,

probably taking a large slice? Therefor distribution (like the population)

is spread throughout the country, and not localised as in London and the

southern counties ... which in any case due to the wealth of that area

probably raise the most tax anyway.

The government is chosen by the majority to manage the finances

of the country, so that gives them the mandate to dispense taxes as they

put to the country prior to an election?

Hell, no one employs an accountant and then tells them how to do their

jobs!!!

Like this government dictating to us is any diferent than being dictated to by anyone else.
As for any tax credits hold on to your hat cos they'll vanish next year.

This or any other government do not dictate ... they were democratically

elected ... by the majority!

There will never be a situation of 100% approval....

How many unelected bureaucrats and officials does the EU have?

All of the people all of the time can never be pleased, the best that can be

achieved is to please most of the people most of the time?

I bet you never voted???

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   
If the UK took a more positive view to its membership of the EU it could be on the top table with Germany and France. If you are a member of the club make the most of your membership.

You wont really leave the UK no matter what is voted for in the referendum If you vote to leave the government might still refuse especially if it is a small majority. Once you start to leave the EU you will just have to negotiate a new agreement with the EU. If you vote for TTIP you might as well stay in the EU as this agreement is just like sending your sovereignty to Washington rather than Brussels.

You have lost a lot of your sovereignty anyway. Who controls your economy? An unelected bureaucrat called the governor of the Bank of England. Who controls your defence and foreign policy? America.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: ispyed
If the UK took a more positive view to its membership of the EU it could be on the top table with Germany and France. If you are a member of the club make the most of your membership.

LOL!! ... For those who weren't around there WAS a life

before the EU.

We had the sense to not take the currency ... Hope we have the sense to

leave before it all falls apart...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join