It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else working a night shift job had any paranormal experiences?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I worker graveyard at a warehouse in the Inland Empire,I saw all sorts of crazy things happen but thought perhaps my imagination,till one girl worked the shift and confirmed what I had seen,she quit after,When doing rounds computers would come on as you pass to Fed Ex,shadow figures flanking me,orbs of light floating,all the lights in building with the exception of my area are on motion sensors,lights come on, figures of people in office when your only one there,knocking like right by me,when walking in to use restroom hear someone calling your name,when using restroom hear a crowd of people talking,and this not just during late evening ,I work in days,the crazy camera footage me and IT have reviewed,people vanishing on screen ,matter manifesting itself into a human figure,then walk to blacktop,then dissipate, I could go on for hours,I one time set up my cameras,compiled over 4 hrs of things,put cams in lunch bucket like always,I go to check for something,my lunch box filled with water something made all ice melt,destroyed everything,I still work there but now employ like 350 people so only odd ones I have eye on now lol

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: doodles40
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Nice man that's the way show no fear! haha I find bad spirits are like bullies, they will only push you around if you let them. (Well most of then time anyway)

When I was little, I wasn't so fearless and brave, so I gotta tell you about this one. I posted about it in other threads long time back.
I was about 8 or 9 years old and my family were members of a Christian church that used to be in this huge old building that was built before world war 2. here's a pic of this building.
Click for bigger image

This church had 3 large main floors, with a 4th floor in the center of the building that was like a loft landing which had some small store rooms and a full court basketball gym with an adjacent small weight room and a few old barbells.

To get to the gym, you went up a ramp from the first floor, the ramp was for wheelchairs, and was a cool but strange feature because it was really wide.. Anyways enough with the furniture.. At the top of the ramp was entrance to the large sanctuary that had the Dome in the center, you can see the dome in image. That dome had stained glass and was amazing.

Giving descriptions of this building more than usual, but it is because this building haunts my dreams still to this day, and I just had a spooky dream I was in it again 2 nights ago. It has been 10 years since I had these dreams, and then just a couple nights ago, bang! I have had differing but reoccurring dreams of being inside this building for close to 50 frigging years! The building burned down in 1975 0r '76' and all that was left was a brick shell. It had been abandoned when the church decided to build a new one 5 miles away, and homeless people shacked up in it after that till someone built a fire in it to keep warm and became a victim of there own carelessness.

All these dreams are scary and there is always something wrong. I remember every dream like a video library for some odd reason.
But on to my ghost encounter which still makes my skin crawl thinking about it.

There was a dinner at the church one night and it was a chile feed, which was a popular thing back then. I think it was a Tuesday night. As soon as we arrived, which was late, I was asking parents of my 2 buddies where they were, and was told they went up to the gym to play basketball, so I went up past that Sanctuary, down a hall, then up this double long flight of stairs, because it went past the third floor, and up to a landing and at the top to the right was the gym, and left was a small store room, and then walking further on this smallish landing was another stair way that went down the back side staircase to the third floor. The other stairs on front side had no third floor access.

The light at the top by the gym doors was very dim like a 60 watt bulb, And I was walking up those front stairs I yelled for my friends but no one answered. I started to hear piano notes being played, like a song that was being played from someone good at the piano. I thought it was my friends, but didn't think they could play that good, so as I am getting to the top by the gym, I hear it still playing. There was in fact an old rickety piano at the very bottom landing of the back side stair case. I am now tip toeing across the top landing which was about 15 feet across and almost in view of the stairs going down the back stairs, and the piano is still playing and then just one second before I can see the piano at the bottom of the stairs, it stops playing suddenly, and I am now looking at it and no one is there and it is very quiet.

I am not worried thinking my friends heard me and ducked out of site to mess with me, so I start down the stairs and only go down them maybe 5 or 6 steps and I yell out for my friends pretty loud and then I just stand there and wait looking right at that piano and then SLAM! something slammed the piano keys like with the palms of the hands real hard and it made that loud piano sound just like that. I got the big time creeps and all the hair on my neck went up, and I felt the feeling of adrenaline and extreme fear and panic, and no one was there, I turned around ran up the stairs as fast as I could and ran down the front stairs and almost fell down them, but didn't fall, I was going 3 and 4 step jumps down those stairs, and ran back to the first floor.

When I got back there my friends were out in the parking lot outside, and had not even gone to the gym, but were in one of the first floor rooms and I had missed them earlier, and I was talking to one of my friend's dad and he saw how freaked out I was and scared and so I told him what happened, and he told me that during world war two, that lots of soldiers had stayed there and used the building at that time, but I don't see how that would make it haunted, but there were a lot of folks who loved that Church and I also did, It was really a special place with a lot of friendships and huge dinners and banquets, and seasonal events. It even had a large room with a big stage for plays and back stage dressing rooms and stuff.. It had a ton of class rooms that were themed for kids ages and such. A lot of memories there from when I was born till I was about 13 or 14 then it sat abandoned after the church moved.

That piano key slam scared me really bad and I had nightmares for the next 40 frigging years afterwards..
:

There was totally no physical creature anywhere near that piano, and the loudness of that piano keys being pounded hard like that was only what a person could do.

The feeling I got when I ran away was something chasing me that didn't like kids and that made me run too fast and I almost took a nose dive down those stairs, but the thought of being stuck there and easy prey made me keep my balance LOL..

In one of those nightmares I had a very long time ago, there was a ghoul coming up a big manhole cover sized drain in the basement which no one went down to, it was just actually a small cellar like room with the huge furnace and didn't actually have a drain.
In that dream, this ghoul was an old hag like thing and was climbing up a long spiral staircase that went down into hell I think, and as it got closer to the cellar it's shrieked louder and more scary, and then in the dream I try to run away but I can barely move like one inch per second, and it's going to get there before I can even get away lol.. Then I would wake up in a cold sweat..

I shouldn't have retold these stories of this old building, because not like one week later I have another dream of it, and it has been over a decade since I had any dreams of it haha...

I always remember these dreams and can recall most of them just by concentrating and thinking about one of them, then they all can be recalled like a library..
Pretty frigging strange eh?

This is by far the most I have ever revealed about this old place..

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Wow, some really great stories and experiences in this thread! Very glad I'm reading this in the morning, it wouldn't make for the best dreams or most restful sleep if read right before bed. And I agree this is quite a refreshing break from all the political and 'fall of society' talk... not that that isn't important, that's certainly what drew us to this site in the first place. But everyone loves a good scare sometimes!

Great stuff friends

edit on 10102015 by M4nWithNoN4me because:

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   
A long time ago, I used to be a body transporter. I would go to hospitals, car accidents, suicides, homicides etc..to put a body in a bag and transport them to the Medical Investigator or funeral home or wherever they needed to be taken.

Well one night, I found myself hauling a dead body driving down Route 666 and listening to Ghost to Ghost with Art Bell.

Yup.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Great stories in here! Keep them coming!

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Worked in a big heavy engineering factory for a few years. The usual security guard, old Gus, went on holiday at easter weekend so they needed someone to watch over the factory between the hours of 6pm-6am.

The first night i heard a lot of strange bangs and creaks from where i stationed myself the canteen . I went for a look, nothing, guessing it was just the wind i went back to reading my book. The bangs continued into the wee small hours.

To say it as unsettling was a understatement.

The next evening i decided i would take in my potable DVD player and earphones to stop my mind from wandering. I sat the whole evening watching DVD.s not hearing a thing and more at ease from all the strange banging. Finished my shift and went home, locking the gate behind me as i left.

That morning i got a call from my boss asking me what happened at the factory last night..Nothing as far as i'm aware i replied...Wassup???..... Three welding plants and the engineers tools have gone missing, replied the boss.

And that was the last time they ever asked me to fill in for Old Gus...

Not so much a Paranormal experience...More like my Paranoia cost the company few quid.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
OP...GREAT thread. I'm really enjoying peoples stories. Keep 'em comin' gang!

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Especially when I screamed at my own reflection in the glass panel in a door at one point.

a reply to: Night Star

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: selfharmonise
Especially when I screamed at my own reflection in the glass panel in a door at one point.

a reply to: Night Star

Hahahaha! Would have loved to have seen that!

I am fascinated with the paranormal and even got to go on a paranormal investigation at a historical Inn/restaurant where ghosts have been seen. Nothing much happened while I was there though except for new batteries losing power, cold spots and someone who said they heard a whisper. I don't know how brave I would be on my own. I don't think I would venture very far.LOL

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Years ago I was working some IT projects at a car dealership and had to perform most of the work after hours. I was the only person onsite but as I worked throughout the building I kept hearing voices. There were very faint and I wasn't able to track them down at first. I checked all the radios I could find, thinking that someone had left one on and that was the source but each night I couldn't find any that were powered on. On the fourth night I finally isolated the source, the voices were coming from the speakers in the showroom. What made it creepy was that all the audio systems were powered off. Then it occurred to me that there was a high-powered radio station right next door. I spoke with members of the staff the next day and they confirmed that the speakers would play audio from the station even when the system was off. I felt better after that but it was still creepy.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Working night shift in and of itself damages one's health and mental faculty. The body produces many chemicals and enzymes overnight, and those who sleep only during the daytime often do not produce these vital constituents adequately (or at all).

Seeing things, pareidolia, paranoia, hypertension, anxiety etc, are common deleterious offshoots for those who work during the night; cancer is also far more prevalent with those who have irregular sleep patterns. This 'phenomenon' (of experiencing the "paranormal" at night) is largely why 'things go bump in the night' and people throughout the Ages imagined ghosts and demons almost exclusively during the night -- they're brains weren't functioning properly.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: doodles40

I would set up a mirror in such a way that you can see the periphery better. Like, right now I can see behind me to the right because of a glass front cabinet on my desk.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   
When I used to work the graveyard shift i used to see a lot of things in the sky on my breaks. These objects would be there several nights than I wouldnt see them anymore, and I too get the shadows in the corners of my eyes and weird vibes/energy your talking about. But i dont get any negative feeling from the shadows at all. It was really the bright ass orb doing figure 8's that started to freak me out...

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Supernovalaura

Interesting story but what struck me most is calling the people "service users." They sound like patients. Service user sounds like a bizarre euphemism.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Graphic Design...

I worked in a technology park that used to be a mental institution back in the 30's.

Used to chat with security guards that did graveyard shifts... these guys pretty straight shooters... old vets... take their jobs seriously... maybe a bit too seriously...no sense of humour kind of guys.

One of them used to chat about hearing old squeaky gurneys being moved down the hall upstairs.
One claims he saw people moving across floors in the cafeteria which is closed at night.
Elevators opening with nobody in them.

A friend whome I personally worked with used to come in very early for dealing with our overseas customers. One morning he heard somebody moving things down the long hall upstairs... went to help out...nobody there when he inspected.

My very own personally close encounter involved bringing these stories up while on my coffee break in the kitchen.
In the exact moment I was talking about these things, the blinds above the window over to my left, "fell" and crashed into a desk a coworker was sitting by. (this stopped our ghost conversations from there on in)

Upon inspection , the blinds were ripped out of the ceiling to which they were bolted into. (not kidding... right as we were talking about these things)

I love this kind of stuff,... just not in my work or home please.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Cool thread

One of the offices I use to look after was in a renovated Terrace (victorian) .

They listened to music and the channel would always change to the BBC news from a 'hipper' station. And the volume would get turned up really loud.
Then if it was changed back to the music station it would turn the volume right down

Files and paperwork use to fly off desks like a big wind came through.
And no one ever used the loo in the upstairs as one of the guys there saw 'someone' staring at him once in there. lol.
Someone looked into the history and there was a murder suicide in the upstairs in the 1940s.

I hated going in there for team visits:O

edit on 11-10-2015 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   

I'm a night owl and I like working nights. I've had many experiences with the supernatural in my life, as I am perceptive/receptive to it, but in regards to working late I've had some. I cleaned a movie theatre at night a couple times and the place was so atmospheric and creepy, quiet and yet there were weird clanging sounds now and again. Between the arcade and various different types of equipment around it was impossible to say what was causing those weird and unpredictable sounds. On the first night I experienced some things. Although I was focussed on doing the job well (there was a lot to do and I'd never cleaned a movie theatre before,) I saw, just briefly, a large man-like figure with very broad shoulders walk through one wall and into another, thus entering Theatre 1: the very first of the eight or so theatres I was about to clean! I didn't see anything while working in that one, however I felt a negative energy around me and had that feeling of being very closely watched the entire time I cleaned (through the night, until I saw the sun come up (then the energy of the place seemed to brighten.)

I'm not sure which theatre it was, but while about halfway through the night I saw what looked like the shadow figure of a large dog leap in from the exit door, as if to run or attack (its manner was aggressive.) It wasn't headed right for me, but not away exactly either. But once it leapt to the floor it disappeared. But that feeling of being watched persisted, until the sunrise. I'd seen ghost-like figures before but I think this one (esp. the sight of that man,) and largely due to the negative energy I felt, was the most alarming. I did find it kind of exciting, yet I was always, constantly on edge with that creepy, gawking sensation never stopping, and here I was, locked into a theatre on my own and forced to clean till morning! As you might imagine it was very difficult to concentrate on my work!

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Thanks for sharing, that is quite intriguing. Your experience reminds me a bit of nightmares I've had of a house my family lived in when I was little. I've had nightmares about this invisible man who comes to me, draining my energy in some way. I'm always terrified, running or trying to hide from him in these dreams (in which of course I'm a child again.) The house was said to have been haunted and my mother once heard very loud footsteps coming up the stairs, like a fisherman wearing wet rubber boots. She grabbed something for a weapon to defend herself but no one was there. I personally have very few memories of that house at all, and no bad memories, but for these bizarre dreams.

Not sure if this might interest you or not, but I had co-worker who had once worked as a security guard at night for a property on which was the building of an abandoned juvenile hall in which many of the boys had been allegedly abused. While in the building one night, alone, she heard the screaming of a child. She looked all around but could see no one. She said she heard cries, like numerous children calling out to be heard, and it so shook her that she quit and told her boss why. She was a strong woman but obviously that would spook and disturb anyone.
edit on 11-10-2015 by LoneCloudHopper2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 06:56 AM
link   
If you want to listen to the ultimate story about paranormal events on a night shift, listen to Rocky Elmore, a retired U.S. border agent. His stories will curl your hair. He has done several interviews so search his name and you'll find them. I don't recommend that you listen to them at work.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spritebug
If you want to listen to the ultimate story about paranormal events on a night shift, listen to Rocky Elmore, a retired U.S. border agent. His stories will curl your hair. He has done several interviews so search his name and you'll find them. I don't recommend that you listen to them at work.

I found a podcast where he mentions some of his experiences. Interesting indeed! I may try to get his book. Here is the link to the interview.
Rocky Elmore

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join