It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Encouraging Word for Those Who Have Strayed

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

originally posted by: DBCowboy

a reply to: DBCowboy

Even if they are threatening those who try to leave?

I don't care what they do. It's none of my business. As long as they aren't threatening me or mine, then go paint a tree orange and dance naked.
Then why do you care that i try to show the other side? You are picking sides while claiming neutrality.

So you're preaching something else? Why not let them be who they want to be.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   

a reply to: DBCowboy

Even if they are threatening those who try to leave?

I don't care what they do. It's none of my business. As long as they aren't threatening me or mine, then go paint a tree orange and dance naked.
Then why do you care that i try to show the other side? You are picking sides while claiming neutrality.

So you're preaching something else? Why not let them be who they want to be.
What am i preaching? That threatening people who try to leave religion is wrong? Do you think it's ok to threaten people? Shouldn't that be something to stand up for? Should we start stoning people too? Would you stand up for them then? I see that you don't see it as a problem. If this op was a muslim reminding you of the dangers of apostacy, would you still be so hands off? A threat is a threat. Telling people to worry about going to hell is a threat used to keep them submissive and compliant. If you don't mind it then just sit back and don't worry.

There are many people who come to read these threads who never post. Some of them are trying to get enough info to make a decision. Some of them have left religion and are working through the overwhelming guilt that goes with breaking these mental habits. I post here for them. So when they are reminded of this threat, they will see that they are not alone and others are just as fed up with it as they are.

Threads that proseletize with the threat of hellfire are akin to waving a needle in front of a junkie who is trying to quit. Except if they don't start using again they will be tortured for eternity. Why has Ats been allowed to become a billboard for preaching the "good" word?
edit on 8-10-2015 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

When people start attacking you for your beliefs, let me know and I'll defend you too.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   

a reply to: Woodcarver

When people start attacking you for your beliefs, let me know and I'll defend you too.

I don't need your help really. I'm a pretty outspoken fellow if you haven't noticed. I'll remember that the next time you don't like one of my posts though.
edit on 8-10-2015 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join