It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians in America Murdered for Their Faith; Media Yawns

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: deadeyedick

If one of my kids was killed for telling a killer "yes" - I would be devastated that they didn't have the common sense to LIE about it. And for a "deity" that never, ever shows his face? No way.

I hear you loud and clear.

Lying is common sense to you

One more what if to see if we can find common ground here.

Let's say a child was asked if they loved their parents.(use same scene)

Imagine that child loving their parents so much that they would not lie about it even if it meant bad stuff would happen. Perhaps the first time they asked the child may say no but then everyday after that they were confronted the same way.
What would happen?
Love would have no value. It might take a while to break down the walls but eventually that lie would become reality for most.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   

No. That is bull#t. Their parents are there for them EVERY DAY. Their parents are actually present, and in their lives, and take care of them.

People who have an invisible, imaginary deity that they're willing to die for is simply - irrational.

So no, it's two very separate things.
One is tangible, present, available, loving and caring. The other is only imaginary.
You'll never see "him" or get a letter or a care package or a birthday card or a bandaid for your booboo from your imaginary, invisible friend. Ever.

And that's no kind of "friend" at all.

edit on 10/8/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

AND - here's another analogy. Which really happens. A parent asks their child "do you love me?" and if the child says no, the parent beats the crap out of them, and then says "NOW do you love me?"

Many Christians are laboring under a fear of punishment. It's very similar to domestic abuse. If they don't comply, they get hurt.
The difference is that Christians are doing it to themselves. And their own children - telling them if they don't love "Jesus" they'll go to hell.
THAT is ABUSE.

edit on 10/8/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: Klassified

I thought a cult had to have a human figure head?.
I dunno what is the actual difference?.

In all honesty, the word is somewhat open to interpretation...

a. A religion or religious sect generally considered to be extremist or false, with its followers often living in an unconventional manner under the guidance of an authoritarian, charismatic leader.
b. The followers of such a religion or sect.
2. A system or community of religious worship and ritual.
3. The formal means of expressing religious reverence; religious ceremony and ritual.
4. A usually nonscientific method or regimen claimed by its originator to have exclusive or exceptional power in curing a particular disease.
5. a. Obsessive, especially faddish, devotion to or veneration for a person, principle, or thing. b. The object of such devotion.
6. An exclusive group of persons sharing an esoteric, usually artistic or intellectual interest.

Cult
edit on 10/8/2015 by Klassified because: add link

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
"People of all faiths around the world die every day for their faith, Christians yawn until it's Christians who are killed."

Another thread highlighting the persecution complex of Christians.

Christians aren't the only ones who are persecuted for their beliefs, but I guess ignoring that fact helps you sleep at night?

Bull S.

Christians in the U.S. have a habit of going and freeing other countries from those that seek violence.

It has not worked out well but America has no shortage of action on situations.

Trying to make the claim that Christians only care about Christians goes against the other argument of them interfering to much. Can't have it both ways.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs
Actually I am well taken care of by the so called non existent invisible sky god.

I get stuff sent my way all the time from that which you deny and I am lucky.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Lying is common sense to you

When there's a knife to my throat?
You bet it is.

I have no subconsious death wish - I am no martyr. I would say whatever under torture and fear of death. There are things worse than death, and I understand why the women and girls are suiciding over there- but it isn't because of God. It's because of being raped, tortured, and abused by their captors.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Whatever.
Sure you do.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I don't think religious background matters at this point. It's quite frankly irrelevant. What does matter, however, is that those were innocent people. And now they're dead. Pardon my bluntness, but just because they were Christian doesn't make it any more or less serious. The fact is, those people had families, friends, others who knew and loved them. That is the real cause for outrage.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer
I'm pretty sure people were yelling about gun laws when Charleston happened as well. And then it was proven, the right loves its guns more than it loves its confederate symbolism, so they sacrificed that and kept the guns.

And I'm not sure what the link is talking about a creative arts class. Is someone who goes to a creative arts class more likely to find homosexual people? That's a fairly silly stereotype...

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Ahh, so I've learned some things on this thread.

1. The victims were essentially killed because they didn't lie, but instead responded truthfully to a question.

2. But wait! since they wouldn't lie because they were too stubborn, or too stupid, he really didn't murder them at all! They all just more or less committed suicide!

Funny how that works.
edit on 10/8/2015 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

That is ridiculous. I'm sorry, ladyinwaiting.....

But no imaginary sky-lord is worth dying over.

Life is precious. Don't throw it away for insupportable theories and myths.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I don't understand. Christians should be happy that they are being killed by someone. After all, they get to go to heaven , don't they?.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

That is ridiculous. I'm sorry, ladyinwaiting.....

But no imaginary sky-lord is worth dying over.

Life is precious. Don't throw it away for insupportable theories and myths.

I think that's what she was trying to say, Buzzy. She agrees with you if I'm reading it right.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I have been here the whole time....watching and reading everyone's replies and I am not shocked that the majority had nothing better to do but to find a reason to kick this thread.

My response is not for everyone who responded to this thread but to those who attacked this thread with hate. Instead of being a good human being and saying a good word for those who were murdered died; instead BoyMonkey and others turned it into a personal attack against the OP and against Christians.

For those who do not understand, it does not matter to a Christian where he or she lives ....... we consider ourselves family. If a Christian in the Middle East is killed or in the Western world or anywhere else; we Christians mourn that death as if a family member had died. And what really bothers me is that you could not see this.

Whether you are a Christian or not you are still a human being, and some of you could not even show the proper respect for human life and this thread was about children that had been murdered.

BoyMonkey you tell me I should be ashamed of myself? Well, I am..... I am ashamed, thinking this site was tolerant to everyone..... even to those who have strong religious beliefs.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 06:13 AM
link   

No this is just christians mourning the fact that they're not I'm control of everything anymore and that they're forced to take other people's rights into account.

You need to get over it and move on.....
edit on 9-10-2015 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 06:21 AM
link   

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Hey but lets kill em all eh? let god sort em out.
Remember saying that dude?.
edit on 9-10-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   

As I have told you numerous times..... you are a liar. My father said this not me.

I hope people go to that thread I encourage them so they can see you are a liar.

Run your mouth I will not respond.

You are not only an instigator but a liar.
edit on 9-10-2015 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   

I have been here the whole time....watching and reading everyone's replies and I am not shocked that the majority had nothing better to do but to find a reason to kick this thread.

Nor should it surprise you, DS. It isn't as though you're new here. You've been around long enough to know, that when your OP makes it about Christians vs everyone else, you're going to get a strong response.

My response is not for everyone who responded to this thread but to those who attacked this thread with hate. Instead of being a good human being and saying a good word for those who were murdered died; instead BoyMonkey and others turned it into a personal attack against the OP and against Christians.

No DS. You made it about hate from the beginning. You set the tone of the thread from the start. How exactly did you expect those you pointed the finger at to respond?

For those who do not understand, it does not matter to a Christian where he or she lives ....... we consider ourselves family. If a Christian in the Middle East is killed or in the Western world or anywhere else; we Christians mourn that death as if a family member had died. And what really bothers me is that you could not see this.

What we understand is, that we value ALL life equally. Christian, Muslim, Wiccan, atheist, agnostic, gay, and so on. We don't place Christians on a pedestal above all others. We don't get horrified over Christian deaths more than we do burning a witch at the stake. We are horrified that anyone would single any group of people out to murder them. Especially individuals within that group, that have harmed no one.

Whether you are a Christian or not you are still a human being, and some of you could not even show the proper respect for human life and this thread was about children that had been murdered.

No DS. It is you who did not give due respect. You made it about Christian persecution and hatred from the beginning, and you want to chastise others for not bemoaning the deaths of Christians over and above other groups.

BoyMonkey you tell me I should be ashamed of myself? Well, I am..... I am ashamed, thinking this site was tolerant to everyone..... even to those who have strong religious beliefs.

There's plenty of tolerance here. The staff and membership have tolerated me for going on 5 years now. That's a lot of tolerance, in my opinion. But what isn't tolerated well is emotional outbursts, fits of rage, and playing the victim/persecution card. You'll find it isn't tolerated well from any group here. No matter your faith, or lack thereof. What isn't tolerated well, is a mindset that makes you privileged or entitled, because you are (insert your group here). This site may be predominantly atheist/agnostic/non-religious, but I see a lot of tolerance toward other groups here. It is at least on par with the tolerance and respect given by those groups, and probably more so.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer

As I have told you numerous times..... you are a liar. My father said this not me.

Run your mouth I will not respond.

You are not only an instigator but a liar.

No. He is not a liar. You said...

WOW.... you read my mind. I think I will join you. Like my dad always said, "Kill them all and let God sort them out."

Your statement is very clear that you agreed with your dad.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

I did not say Kill them all and let God sort them out.

That is a fact.

And I did not know you could read my mind?

If you can, what am I thinking about you right now?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join