It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12 Year Old Boy's Fingers Cut Off and Crucified

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 02:32 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

But look at who they have hit so far? Most of the targets they have engaged have been FSA as of yet, on the other side of Syria to where IS have their FOBs. I very much doubt there have been any IS casualties as a result of Russian action, and if they have to advance across the whole nation first, then it will be some time before those special forces chaps get within kidney shanking range of IS.

The Russians need to leave the Free Syrian Army to their own devices, and get to grips in a focused manner, with the real threat to the region, if they want to be effective.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 02:39 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit
Hopefully it will all come out in the wash.
It is such a cluster hump at the moment that it is hard to make any predictions.
I really do feel bad for the innocents caught in the middle.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 03:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: Tiamat384

Neither Russia, nor the Western coalition seem to have any real desire to deal with IS in a manner which will see a successful end to their spread, or their barbarity.

Incidents like these are some of the most horrid, vile, and awful things to have come to pass for a considerable time on this planet, and a response must be made to it. However, that response must be PRECISE, have a mandate behind its delivery which demands a zero collateral damage count at the end of the process, and I say that not because I am a hyper pacifist with soft skin, but instead I say it because otherwise, what ever response is made will be totally ineffective.

Collateral damage, from air raids, drone strikes, artillery fire, and what have you, helps the enemy and achieves the enemies goal for them. No matter how many IS a warhead kills, for every collateral kill it creates ten more. For every orphan created, every parent who has seen his or her child blown up because they were within fifty feet of a terrorist, every person who has lost family and friends in the propaganda dense environment of the region, there will be several mourners who have nowhere to turn and no recourse other than to don the mantle of hate and lose themselves in violence. It is not right, it is not how it ought to be, but we need to accept that this is how it actually is, and come up with solutions which do not involve lazy, low risk, air assaults which rely on questionable intelligence, and always kill at least some innocent people.

I believe that IS must be taken out, but it must be done silently, efficiently, and without anyone knowing they are dead or dying, until WELL after the fact, by several minutes, or hours if it could be done. It should be done by way of the blade, by way of silenced shots in the darkness, by way of broken necks and spines, crushed larynxes, mangled occipital regions, steel spikes rammed into the brain case, through the eye socket. Conventional war creates more death than it has to, and therefore always fails against ideologues, who use the toll as a recruiting tool. These bastards need removing, but they need removing the right way, if this awful war is ever to end.

If they allow their kids to be that close to ISIS personel it is their fault!!

I say drop bigger bombs, nonstop, kill tens of thousands of " innocents" until the innocent learn not to hang out with terrorists like ISIS.

Only when the people learn they will die if they are around them will they stop hanging around them.

I say kill without pause until they are all dead, or they learn not to pal around with terrorist types.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 04:08 AM
link   
a reply to: johnwick

Proximity is not friendship sir.

We are not talking about people "hanging out" with IS members here. We are talking about people who have been caught up in the advance of IS, and while going about their normal business, get shredded by ordnance deployed in callous disregard for innocent lives. You have to remember that the people in the streets, especially those in Syria, are used to brutal regimes, and have no agency in who is, and who is not permitted to walk through their streets, to use their town as a staging area.

I can assure you, that if a mob of nutcases rock up on your town with more artillery pieces than you can count pointed at your home, and then your family get caught in the blast when someone comes to take care of the problem, you would not be advocating for the actions that you are advocating for. You would, instead, be advocating for a surgical solution. You have to understand that calling powerless civilians to account for their proximity to IS members, is precisely as invalid an approach, as suggesting that the victims of school shootings should not have been going to school with murderous psychopaths. The answer is to solve the psychopaths, not to liquidate entire areas in an effort to deny them to the enemy. That doctrine is dysfunctional and not effective against the threat in the region. Period.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 05:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Proximity is not friendship sir.

We are not talking about people "hanging out" with IS members here. We are talking about people who have been caught up in the advance of IS, and while going about their normal business, get shredded by ordnance deployed in callous disregard for innocent lives. You have to remember that the people in the streets, especially those in Syria, are used to brutal regimes, and have no agency in who is, and who is not permitted to walk through their streets, to use their town as a staging area.

I can assure you, that if a mob of nutcases rock up on your town with more artillery pieces than you can count pointed at your home, and then your family get caught in the blast when someone comes to take care of the problem, you would not be advocating for the actions that you are advocating for. You would, instead, be advocating for a surgical solution. You have to understand that calling powerless civilians to account for their proximity to IS members, is precisely as invalid an approach, as suggesting that the victims of school shootings should not have been going to school with murderous psychopaths. The answer is to solve the psychopaths, not to liquidate entire areas in an effort to deny them to the enemy. That doctrine is dysfunctional and not effective against the threat in the region. Period.

Um lol, im an american, and a vet, in a small town.....they better bring it because we have more guns than them, and my neighbors will not terate it!!

Oh and none of my townsfolk would tolerate that bs to begin with.

Once again, it is their own fault for allowing it!!!!

You know why this doesnt happen in london berlin paris or my small town.....western folks wont allow it!!!

Once they use their brains and realise they can stop this brutality......oh wait they support it....nvm

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Your assault rifles are no use against armour sir, which I should not have to explain to a veteran like yourself. You know it full well, and I believe the only reason for you to avoid that obvious truth, is that it makes it easier to spout pejorative and rhetorical nonsense about the lives of powerless people in a foreign land. You fail entirely to accept fundamental truths, like the fact that there are many people in regions affected by the advance of IS, who do not have any choices, have no power, no agency to effect their own destiny, let alone the advance of heavily armed and armoured divisions moving through, and setting up shop in their towns.

Your expectations are utterly unrealistic, and you have no excuse for such wilful ignorance, given your experience in such matters. You cannot possibly believe the nonsense you are spouting, because anyone with two neurons to rub together could work out how gigantic the fallacy within really is.

Fact: townsfolk with small arms cannot take out a convoy of armoured vehicles and tanks, filled to the gunnels with psychopaths. They would be shelled to bloody ruin before they even managed to take the paint off the turret of the lead armour.

Your attempts to dehumanise the bystanders, the innocent, the people who paid with their lives for the criminality of others are appalling, and exhibit a determined and wilful ignorance, inexcusable coming from a person with your history. Those attempts will fail. There are innocent human beings in the region, and while that remains the case, more surgical methods of removing threats within that region will have to be enacted, if the situation is ever to improve. A desire to see the region bombed to living buggery is not a desire born of a need to see resolution for the people there, but a desire to see damage inflicted, whether it is effective or not. There is nothing decent, honourable, or even understandable about that. All it does is show that there is more commonality between IS members and some folk in the west, than we would like to admit.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Nobody deserves to die like this.

Nobody

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: tiredoflooking

Im not sure if it is religiously based or not. Perhaps in their sick minds it is. But from the outside perspective it certainly doesn't seem so. Everything is for power. I think Thats just about always number one.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

Of course not. It is a brutal and outdated method of execution.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   
the hostile responses on this thread towards the people who were actually killed for being Christian says a lot more about whats really going on in the world than anything else....

Its disgusting that people would actually respond in that manner or even blame the people who were killed

Seriously those that responded like that, need to reevaluate themselves

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   

You realize the West backs these organizations right? Maybe not ISIS, maybe not. But do you really think those "moderates" are any better? Of course not. And like someone said below. Small arms will do nothing against tanks. I dont think you realize the terror these groups spread. How it feels to be in that situation (I am not claiming I do). I dont think American and other Western citizens would be able to do much more if any more.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

And after asking in my OP to try to imagine the pain. To not politicize the topic nor discuss religion.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: ErrorErrorError

And we dont need to push your anti-Christian propaganda. I'm against organized religion,but end it.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   
A fruit from the tree of religious ideology.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384

And after asking in my OP to try to imagine the pain. To not politicize the topic nor discuss religion.

exactly and the premise would be the same regardless of any other factor

Would they blame them if they were gay and being killed? Because thats happening too

The atrocities are horrible and to blame the victims caught up in a world wind of death and hate from Islamists , is sickening

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

A fruit from the Tree of Extremism

There are plenty of peaceful religious people in the world

theres a glaring difference

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError

originally posted by: infolurker

The 41-year-old missionary group leader, his young son and two other workers were told to renounce Christ before a crowd of onlookers, but refused to do so. Their IS captors responded by severing the boy's fingers and offering to stop if his father would convert back to Islam. His father refused once again and the four were tortured, beaten and crucified.

"All were badly brutalized and then crucified," said the ministry director in an Christian Aid report. "They were left on crosses for two days. No one was allowed to remove them."

Signs were posted next to their crucified bodies that read "infidels."

Eight other missionaries who were captured were also ordered to renounce Christ and return to Islam that same day at a separate site in the village.

The group included two women who were raped in public by IS militants. All eight were beheaded for not returning to Islam.

"Villagers said some were praying in the name of Jesus, others said some were praying the Lord's prayer, and others said some of them lifted their heads to commend their spirits to Jesus. One of the women looked up and seemed to be almost smiling as she said, Jesus!" said the ministry director.

I dont know about others but this smells like
BS to me.

"One of the women looked up and seemed to be almost smiling as she said Jesus !"

Really ?
Sounds like something from Hollywood.

Right, BS. Get your head out of the sand. The jihadists have posted dozens of videos of them executing Christians in the most barbaric ways imaginable. Burning alive, drowning them in a cage, brutal beheadings. When they are knocking on your day demanding you convert to Islam feel free to tell them that's all just propaganda. At their current growth rate and with ignorant people such as yourself ignoring them and doing nothing it's only a matter of how quickly radical Islam makes it to your door. I don't think the tens of thousands of Christians killed in the Middle East over the last couple years would call this fear mongering.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: Lysergic

A fruit from the Tree of Extremism

There are plenty of peaceful religious people in the world

theres a glaring difference

Extremism? Seems it's being a fundamentalist. You know taking the works literally.

I'm still sticking with Tree of Religion there spud.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   

It might just be that Islam isn't a religion of peace. From what I've heard the Koran isn't friendly towards non Muslims.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384

It might just be that Islam isn't a religion of peace. From what I've heard the Koran isn't friendly towards non Muslims.

Well everyone knows I'm no fan of Islam

It is true the Hadith and Koran are historically violent towards unbelievers

However there is an element w/in Islam that are reformist

Much like how Christianity went through its reformations after the crusades and inquisition

I hope this extremist ideology dies out within islam

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join