It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TPP and the internet cesorship

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I know very little about this new TPP (Trans Pacific Partnership) that has been recently passed but people who know a bit about it are saying this could be the end of the internet and the flow of information as we have known it, as it will become and is now illegal to point out wrong doings by corporations over the internet.

The Trans-Pacific Partnership Would Undermine Internet Freedom

Remember SOPA - the "copyright" legislation before Congress last year that public outcry stopped cold? Well, the same corporations behind SOPA have pushed to insert its most pernicious provisions into TPP. Says who? The organizations that stopped SOPA like the Electronic Freedom Foundation and the ACLU.

Under this TPP proposal, Internet Service Providers could be required to "police" user activity (i.e. police YOU), take down internet content, and cut people off from internet access for common user-generated content.

Violations could be as simple as the creation of a YouTube video with clips from other videos, even if for personal or educational purposes.

Mandatory fines would be imposed for individuals' non-commercial copies of copyrighted material. So, downloading some music could be treated the same as large-scale, for-profit copyright violations.
www.exposethetpp.org...

Its already starting to affect YouTube

"WE'RE MOVING TOWARD COMPLETE GOVERNMENT CENSORSHIP OF THE INTERNET; FCC 'OPEN INTERNET ORDER,' TPP"...

I can only imagine how this is going to affect sites such as ATS and the flow of information if this TPP is going to enforce and police each ip address.

Is this for real guys?

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I do not know if this is the same for every user here but lately if a video is in the OP I can sometimes only see half the post and not even quote, I was going to do that just so it can be read if it not just me having this problem.

I did get a quick chance to skim your post before the video covered it up and it is real we are hearing about it here in Canada as well. Our stupid current conservative party leader is campaigning around it. We have a federal election coming up in a few days. I do not know as much about it as I should. Lately anything our current conservative prime minister is in support of turns my stomach and I know before even checking it out it will be disgusting.

Is anyone else blocked from reading the OP? Maybe someone could quote it if they can have access? I would like to re read it to answer further.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: gps777
I know very little about this new TPP (Trans Pacific Partnership) that has been recently passed but people who know a bit about it are saying this could be the end of the internet and the flow of information as we have known it, as it will become and is now illegal to point out wrong doings by corporations over the internet.

The Trans-Pacific Partnership Would Undermine Internet Freedom

Remember SOPA - the "copyright" legislation before Congress last year that public outcry stopped cold? Well, the same corporations behind SOPA have pushed to insert its most pernicious provisions into TPP. Says who? The organizations that stopped SOPA like the Electronic Freedom Foundation and the ACLU.

Under this TPP proposal, Internet Service Providers could be required to "police" user activity (i.e. police YOU), take down internet content, and cut people off from internet access for common user-generated content.

Violations could be as simple as the creation of a YouTube video with clips from other videos, even if for personal or educational purposes.

Mandatory fines would be imposed for individuals' non-commercial copies of copyrighted material. So, downloading some music could be treated the same as large-scale, for-profit copyright violations.
www.exposethetpp.org...

Its already starting to affect YouTube

"WE'RE MOVING TOWARD COMPLETE GOVERNMENT CENSORSHIP OF THE INTERNET; FCC 'OPEN INTERNET ORDER,' TPP"...

I can only imagine how this is going to affect sites such as ATS and the flow of information if this TPP is going to enforce and police each ip address.

Is this for real guys?

After posting I could see it again so I will quote just in case but is this happening to anyone else out there or just me?

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 12:03 AM
link   
If speaking out against wrong doings of corporations is now illegal, what of all ATS`s archives? and all those and us now being at risk of being sued?

To hell with it, Monsanto you suck!

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 12:10 AM
link   
This seems a bit too blatant. Something tells me this will be used more by U.S. companies against foreign parties they might not have been able to before. Most people in the US stream now. I bet piracy is down here since streaming has become so widespread. At least this is me trying to be optimistic

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing. Good vid, though the fast track has already been passed and for the most part many countries have already signed off on it. There's still a small window here to try to push it back.

If no one stands up it will become drowned out because of escalating information coming out on major topics.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   
We have a right to speak out about our Governments and their wrong doings, though corporations will have total freedom from citizens free speech even when they are caught in wrongdoings!

They have more power in that respect than the Government.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: gps777

So here is what out dufus leader is promoting right now...I read somewhere our country is about to lose millions in the auto sector because of TPP and if you look at this link he is making it just about campaign promises, which he already failed to keep in his previous election.

www.conservative.ca...

He has signed us up for this and clearly it is about way more than internet rights, it is also akin to international free trade if I'm not mistaken. We are all in big trouble but our guy? He doesn't even talk about what it is he just knows the majority of Canadians will smile and vote again. My nightmares consist of Steven Harper being re-elected here in a few days followed by his former best buddy George's brother Jeb being elected down south. I'm praying for Trudeau here and I do not even know about the US anyone but Jeb, or OMG effin Trump!

Clearly though TPP was a quiet behind the scenes partnering that is going to hit where it already hurts -the auto sector for the US!? Also who knows what else, internet security...the list goes on. WTH is Obama doing down there? I mean our guy would have never done it alone! He has to always follow the US in hopes a conservative republican government will be back in office next. Please any Canadians out there vote this time. Trudeau is not that experienced but he seems to care and at this point anything would be better than what we have got.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by:tiredoflooking

He has signed us up for this and clearly it is about way more than internet rights, it is also akin to international free trade if I'm not mistaken.

Yes its about a new trade agreement and from what i`ve understood in just one area of it a product which is produced organically and labelled as such can be sued by a company which say produces GMOs as it would be seen as unfair. If so? say bye bye to correct labelling of produce.

This is a major step to globalisation and the NWO.

(Or am I supposed to be censored in saying that?)

Nothing to see here alls good my global elite overlords.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: gps777

Yes absolutely. I thought Monsanto was on the way out, but no they are just pulling back and crawling across the finish line under the carpet. This agreement is big trouble for everyone and we all should have known this by how quietly, immediately and matter of factly it has been presented. No fuss and all these countries involved are just doing it. I wonder which all exactly are involved, anyone know?

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Representative governments no longer exist in the new order because national government no longer exists in many if any of the nations who formerly had representative governments. The politicians have sold themselves to multinational corporations and other foreign entities such as the Saudi Monarchists and Chinese communists, whoever is the highest bidder at the time. They don't care. It's usually the multinationals though with additional favors to the others only if it doesn't conflict with their interests. We are now living under centralized global control without any true representation.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Danton

So you think the US is aligned with Russia and China, also Iran? I'm not saying it might not be true, anything is possible. So if it were true it is also possible they are going to stage WW3 to make a bunch of money and reduce the population when they are really partnered in these hypothetical happenings?

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: tiredoflooking

Only as far as multinational corporations interests are concerned. As I said. Russia and Iran don't seem to be part of their plan. China maybe but they seem to be falling out of favor also. Who knows? The main interests that are served as those of these corporations and they don't favor any single nation but use many to increase their profits and achieve their goals. In their world nations don't exist.
edit on 8-10-2015 by Danton because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Yes I see your point. It does seem to go beyond that though when they are also involved with intelligence gathering via internet -phone -CCTV etc. and sharing findings of these things between countries. I believe I understood that to be part of this new "agenda" as well if I'm not mistaken?
edit on 8 by tiredoflooking because: omitted a word

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 01:44 AM
link   

To explain it in a single word. Globalism. Every major company now has global interests and as has always been the case their main motivation is profit. It's not even controlled chaos but because of it national interests are often overlooked. The politicians sell themselves to anyone though but the highest bidder is usually the corporations.

I don't have a problem with them making money any way they can, it's what business is supposed to do but I do have a problem with politicians not putting national interests first as they are supposed to represent the people of their nation. Corrupt politicians are the problem. They have always existed but prior to modern globalism they did less damage to their nations.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 01:52 AM
link   

So they -companies and governments will sell this to the people by promising a smooth ride ahead to fix all the broken economies around the world and regulate , I would imagine, countries who are offering cheap labour via outsourcing? The thing is it just cannot work out well for everyone can it?

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 01:57 AM
link   

No and a lot of the people who actually started all these companies that are now massive global entities would have known better. You can't exist without your customers and your customers exist because someone is paying them a wage where they can afford to buy your products. Cheap labor has long term consequences for everyone including these corporations but a lot of the CEOs didn't build their companies and are just look to get rich then get out and have no concern about what happens to their company in the future.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I listened to Julian Assange a few weeks ago on what he knows of the TTP and as far as nationally is concerned he said its geared so the USA will always come out on top with the TTP agreement.

Well that's bad enough for the rest of us let alone policing and censoring the internet that will affect us all.

Once they can police us talking about corporations and their wrongdoings its one step closer to total censorship and policing of information.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 02:09 AM
link   

I hear you I grew up as a child of an employee , an executive, president of a division of one of the mammoth companies that is now Viacom. His division started as a small piece and was bought up and swallowed by the big dogs. The parent company was Gannett, not sure if they are still affiliated with Viacom or if there was a split when Viacom purchased the company. In any case I know my father saw a lot of stuff go on, he has since passed. Once big business rears it's head it is a roller coaster speeding away on you.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Yeah one of the problems with big centralized entities is they forget what they were doing, why they were doing it or how to do it well and innovate. There comes a point they expand not because it's a good idea but because it is all they know how to do. They forget what made them a success in the first place. This is why I'm not too worried, we are living in a new and interesting period of history but on a smaller scale this has all happened before and we will hopefully learn for our mistakes. The lesson won't be enjoyable but until we learn it's a lesson that will be taught again and again.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join