It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

when (full) Moon alters our mood...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 08:02 AM
link   
How many of you are influenced by Moon's phases?
Some people have trouble sleeping when it's full Moon.
Some have a growing sexual appetite.
Others feel irascible, while some don't feel anything odd about it.
I'd like to ask you if you've noticed any change in your behaviour when it's full moon.
Thanks.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I don't sleep well under the energy of the full moon...and I see a big difference in the animals at work.....
question....why the bold lettering on the word "sexual"? Just curious.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Weird actually. I seem to wake up in torn clothing smothered in blood with the taste of flesh in my mouth and don't remember what had happened....

Seriously though...The moons phases have no effect on me whatsoever.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 12:10 PM
link   

why the bold lettering on the word "sexual"? Just curious.

..well, I have discovered it by accident a few months ago, and eversince then, I'm taking advantage of it...it turns out, those nights when it's full moon, I become so lustful, that I'm quite ashame. So I wanted to know if I'm the only freak around here

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   
If the moon is able to affect to oceans; would it not as well be able to affect everything else as well?

"Among the great men who have philosophized about [the action of the tides], the one who surprised me most is Kepler. He was a person of independent genius, [but he] became interested in the action of the moon on the water, and in other occult phenome"
-Galileo Galilei

I know am am more energetic during a full moon...

"I like to think that the moon is there even if I am not looking at it" - Albert Einstein

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Here are the results of a poll from an, um alternative website.

FULL MOON EFFECT:

Emotional change (35) 63%

Increased physical activity (19) 34%

Increased shifting ability (17) 30%

Increased sex drive (11) 20%

None (14) 25%

Others (19) 34%

"Others" included what I could only term as a "Moon Buzz", causing manic or restless activity. However as a complete reversal, it caused a calmness within others. Several also expressed an urge to wander during full moon. Also there was increased creativity.

Here is a google search on the effects of the full moon on humans

For me the effects are minimal.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Hmm having worked in the health care field for a while now, ER's are packed and we do alot of transports during a full moon. Its just nuts.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I worked in an urban public library for many years. You could definitely tell when it was a full moon. The troubled souls who can in from the elements were usually more pronounced in their bizarre behaviors.
This was also true during a new moon, but to a lesser degree.

I see more crazed drivers on the road.
I've heard of women who's monthly cycles were aligned with the moon.

JAK

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Hmm having worked in the health care field for a while now, ER's are packed and we do alot of transports during a full moon. Its just nuts.

Fred, have you ever checked the records to see how true this is. A while back there was an study into this, though I cannot for the life of me remember any details. What I do remember though is being surprised that, after hearing statements similar to yours for years, that there was no proof (noticable increase in numbers etc.) that there was any reaction to a full moon.

Jack

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I'm not affected by it.

Interesting sidenote here: The ancient Babylonians, I think, tied a woman's monthly cycle with the phases of the moon. Supposedly the moon ovulated when full. They worshipped sex and phallic images anyhow, and given that, their little story about the moon is really no surprise there.

And of course there's that Time of the Month where some of us women act crazy!
Our full moon time!

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I'm not doubting that the full moon could have some effect on us, but there's certiain logical issues I feel obligated to bring up...

How the amount of light shining on the surface of an airless rock affect the human body. How does it effect our mood, especially in places where its cloudy and not visable Why only our moon (Luna), why not Phobos or Titan?

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Flinx, I think it has something to do with the gravitional pull of the moon, not the light at all. Even full moons on cloudy days would have the effect.

Okay I did a yahoo search.
This link has lots of statistics about full moon affecting folks:
faculty.washington.edu...

Not just injuries and crime, but also illnesses are affected:
www.millennium-debate.org...

This mentions a study linking full moons and new moons:
www.innerself.com...

Animal behavior is affected by the moon:
www.innerself.com...
www.brightsidewoolies.com...

Gardening and the full moon:
www.innerself.com...

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 08:01 PM
link   
well im always facinated with full moons and id say it makes my Se***l appitite not increase but a lot better but on a more important note i have a feeling of more awareness and having more energy, i also beleive we all share this in sum way and we are all affected such as the moon affects tides which could suguest it may affect brain patterns as well

i have no proof as such but al see what i can find out on a more scientific note and spiritual sense

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I remember more dreams when the moon is full.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Well I personally dont feel any different on a full moon (unless it's also an eclipse, but thats just cool to see), but My mother would agree with ya FredT: She has been working in hospitals and nursing homes since she was 16 (most of the time in nursing homes) and more often than not ppl say "there must be a full moon" and then check as opposed to knowing theres a full moon and stating thats why ppl are acting weird matter-of-factly.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Yesterday, 1/10/09 was the brightest full moon of 2009 and I have to say that most definately, YES, mood/libido/irritability/insomnia/hyper activity/aggression, are, at least for me, controlled by the moon cycles. I am 39 years old and it's taken me this long to put it all together in my head and connect the dots! A few days prior to, definately during, and for a few days after, a full moon my sex drive is off the charts when normally it's pretty low. Also, I have increased energy and trouble falling asleep, out of the norm for me. I have an itch to get out, socialize, mingle, flirt..things I'm not normally inclined to do. It's kinda freakin' me out now that I realize that this keeps happening every month during a full moon! I don't care what the scientists say...we are human "animals" and behave differently during a full moon cycle.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
makes me want to get laid for some odd reason..

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by tomzol

I seem to be more spiritually connected, I definitely develop a larger sexual appetite... unfortunately my beau has the flu so that is a no go...

Other than that I'm extremely more aggressive in nature... not in a mean or rude kind of way... in an assertive "I'm going to get what I want" kind of way.

top topics

join