It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian jets diverted from Syria as Russia's entry complicates mission

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I read this with great relief. Our former PM MR Abbot for some reason, not really made known to the public agreed to take part in the farce that the USA is creating in Syria.

The US and Russia have discussed how the airstrikes would tie in with coalition forces’ goal of halting the advance of extremist group Isis, also known as Daesh.

Canberra is seeking a reassurance that Russian forces will not inhibit Australia’s air mission in Syria, and not deliberately target coalition forces. No such guarantees have been offered.

Source

Mr Turnbull also admits what we all know

The Australian government has been repositioning itself to accept the possibility of a temporary retention of Assad as part of a political solution – a shift from its previous insistence that he must stand aside.

The UK and US have been contemplating similar positions. The British prime minister, David Cameron, has said that Assad “butchered his own people” and could not be part of Syria’s “long-term future”.

Source

I think it would be in Australia's best interests to stay out of Syria unless it is prepared to join the Russian coalition's efforts. Something that the US would not like at all. Russia and China combined are not a force to be messed with, so Australia, the perhaps a little naive partner in crime with the USA needs to back off or risk be drawn into something we never agreed to.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

I am no fan of Turnbull but at least hes not US Deputy Dog Abbot,and farce is too kind ISIS scam would be better

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

Yes, I hope Turnbull stands up to the US and says, sorry pal this is your mess, you deal with it.

I don't want to see Australia drawn into a war against the Russian coalition. That would be as far from the original goal of defeating ISIS as possible and entirely the fault of the US and it's propagation of lies.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Happy for the Aussies on the move. I've got a young cousin bro whose in the air force in the ADF, so the last I want is to him fighting a global lie spewed by the US and allies.

I am happy Turn ball is doing the right thing. It's a US mess, let them deal with it.

edit on 7-10-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   

The British prime minister, David Cameron, has said that Assad “butchered his own people” and could not be part of Syria’s “long-term future”.

Screw Cameron, he's of the same ilk (Bush and Blair) that started this whole ME mess after 911. Watch him cry louder as time goes on. They still want to control the whole region, can't stand they aren't getting their way in Syria.

Most dangerous, UK and US.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Anyone see the movie, 'The Imitation Game'? This # is happening again!

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 03:50 AM
link   

I think it would be in Australia's best interests to stay out of Syria unless it is prepared to join the Russian coalition's efforts. Something that the US would not like at all. Russia and China combined are not a force to be messed with, so Australia, the perhaps a little naive partner in crime with the USA needs to back off or risk be drawn into something we never agreed to.

I agree with this, we have no right to attack Sysria at all, the Assad govt has done nothing to us. I dont care about treatys that were never meant to account for these types of situations. This is simply a case of Australia assulting another country who has not harmed Australia or Australians at all. Australia is doing it purely at the behest of another country. There is not moral or legal justification for this action by Australia.

The fact that Australia is there at all places it in the posiiton where its actions could result in it committing war crimes inlcuding genocide.

The for perhaps the second time in modern history Australians will have to face the question "how many civilians does Australia have to kill before they are guilty of genocide. While this may only be a theoritical question at the moment, the number of deaths that Australians regard as geneocide is a pertinent question to be discussed now. So, for the sake of the arguement, how many syrian civilans does Australia have to kill before Australia is guilty of genocide? What is your number?
edit on 8-10-2015 by Azureblue because: z

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Excellent, thanks markosity1973. If the world was fair and righteous, US, England and Australia should pay the Iraqi people billions for the unlawful genocide of their people for WMD that didn't exist. Which is why I think Australia should end its military obligations with US and UK which are obviously on a plundering spree of nations that cannot defend their borders.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 04:33 AM
link   
we are only there because our politicians both labour and liberal are lap dogs to the yanks....

the Australian people don't want no part of the middle east western crap....

turdbull will be just like little johnny howard and tony abbot in regards to America and her wants.....hell it was Julia bitchop their token female politician who announced to the country that we're going in to support the yanks in Syria...

and the Australian public has to pay for it....

Australia is becoming more like the un-united states of zombie land every day....

I would truly be surprised if Australia said no to America and her Syria crap.....

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Yes, I vote to get Australia out of there asap....and keep out.....leave it to the experts.

Its worthwhile to mention some facts that most, Non Australians, are not aware...so here goes.

After WW2 and the invasion and bombing of Australia by the Japanese....the Australia Government signed a binding treaty (military) with the USA, that basically said, We the USA People, well come and protect you as long as you do everything we say, at any time etc etc ...

This treaty is called the ANZUS Treaty (yes includes the NZers).

So since 1951 Australia has been at the beck and call of the USA, with the notion that if the yellow hoards ever invade us again, the Yanks are a comin....
So Korea, Vietnam, Gulf War, Afghan, Iraq and elsewhere, Australia has been the little lap dog/yap dog of the USA, doing the bidding of its master for all time and a day.

Why...????

Well, Australia is a HUGE country, mainly arid semi desert, but full of juicey minerals, and it is sparsely populated with 22 million, mainly European tribe people, with the same ideals as the European tribe Americans and Native Europeans.

But it is stuck at the A### end of the World, with the following as neighbours.

A few 100 kms/miles away, are 220 MILLION angry peedoff jungle Indonesians, Mainly muslim, living on small islands and wondering why they didnt invade the southern land 200 years ago!!
Above them are 30 Million Malaysians, thinking the same thing.
Just above them are 80 million Phillipinos.....thinking the same thing.
Above them 30 Million Thais, 80 Million Vietnamese, 15 milllion Cambodians, 75 million North and South Korean, 120 Million Japanese, and the big daddy 1.3 Billion Chinese.....
All of them looking at Australia, that sparsely populated goldmine, with only a few white fellas, and even less black fellas.....ready for the taking.

So yes, Australia does rely on the big ol white USA as a bit of insurance and a security blanket......unfortunately, we are at their bidding as a consequence.

edit on 8-10-2015 by gort51 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join