It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enhancing the World

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Reality is nothing more than a composite of its component parts.

Thus this world entire exists as an aggregate of those living upon it.

That fundamental truth exists in perpetual operation within the background of reality, and continues affecting everything unto eternity regardless whether you become cognizant or remain aware of it.

Yet you only stand benefit by becoming intimately familiar with that idea. And you'll accrue nothing but gain by keeping it always at the forefront of your mind--for the state of the planet, these societies, and this entire species operate under the essential maxim that each cohesive melange in existence is the sum of those individual elements comprising its form.

That means you exist as more than just as individual. You exist also as an integral and essential element of the city, the state, the nation, the continent, the planet--and the entire universe you inhabit.

And each of those demarcated segments of existence subside under that fundamental rule. Thus the existent conditions and future proclivities unto every composite body depend exclusively upon the sum of its component parts.

So the fundamental makeup of the society, the culture, the reality in which you live is nothing beyond the combined makeup of those upon it. If you're living in a society with an abundance of individuals predisposed towards selfish, cruel, insensitive, and brash behaviors--that society as a whole will be a dark place that reflects those immoral values. And if you exist within a culture containing those with a preference towards love and kindness and benevolence and compassion, that culture will shine brighter than the sun.

But in any event, it's never the culture or society that determines the darkness or light of a reality. It's the caliber and quality of the people living within those frameworks that count.

Thus the world entire is nothing more than a summation of its parts. And despite any and all beliefs unto the contrary, you much as anyone have the power towards shifting this reality in new and positive directions.

You too have the ability towards enhancing the world.

And it all starts with enhancing yourself.

Upgrade yourself and instantly the world is a brighter place, because upon this planet you play just as great a role as anyone else towards determining the overall character of its existence. Thus when you're happier and kinder and more loving and compassionate, your positive actions have a direct impact and influence upon the overall state of the reality you inhabit.

And your positive actions will have an snowballing avalanche effect that serves to uplift and inspire others. So simply by smiling big whilst spreading kindness and cheer, you'll influence others towards doing the same--then one by one you'll each help brighten this reality for everyone upon this planet.

It might seem simple, it might sound trite--but it's unquestionably and undoubtedly true. Your individual actions in this reality have just as great an impact as anyone. Thus the decisions and behaviors and even the feelings you emote have a meaningful effect on the state of existence entire.

So with that knowledge imparted and that lesson understood, you should see yourself possessed of a serious responsibility towards helping make this reality a better place. For upon recognizing that succumbing towards negative impulses and behaviors and feelings only drags down everyone within this entire reality into a mass of despondency, you should realize that truth and grow instantly repulsed with the idea of ever again expressing such horrid emotions or performing such adverse actions.

And upon learning that your positive deeds and sentiments and even expressions can help brighter reality and motivate others towards accomplishing the same, you should be doing everything in your power towards becoming a light and inspiration for all of existence.

We're all taught that it takes an immense force to change the world.

The truth is: that immense force is yourself.

Enhance yourself and enhance the world. Uplift those around you and evolve reality.

And never believe that your words and actions don't have a real, lasting, and influential impact on the world around you.

Because when it comes down to it, in the end, when it comes down to enhancing the world, the quality of deeds and character are the only things that really matter.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I've been reading about concepts like this with greater enthusiasm over the last couple of years.

It seems like no matter what, or where I look, there is an overwhelming emphasis on the power of connection and personal agency.

I am always looking for new material to inspire and captivate my development.

I am in no way affiliated but a lot of these concepts for me personally, lead back to a website called Wisdom's Door.

The Reality Creator Series (on that website) has a lot of practical information about how to apply these concepts in movement and action.

If anyone knows of any other similar writings, please encourage me to seek them out!

S + F

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: TheTigerOfLedges

A small push starts the ball rolling.....it never stops.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Thanks for the kind words!

Check your PMs--I sent you a couple recommendations.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 03:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trachel
Upgrade yourself and instantly the world is a brighter place, because upon this planet you play just as great a role as anyone else towards determining the overall character of its existence. Thus when you're happier and kinder and more loving and compassionate, your positive actions have a direct impact and influence upon the overall state of the reality you inhabit.

But it doesn't stop the bloodshed doesn't it??

An engineer once told me, the most efficient use of heat is placing it in the coldest part of the room....

Maybe if we get our "upgraded selves" to the darkest corners of the planet, like in many parts in Africa where people are butchering each other, it will make most efficient use of our "upgraded selves" in changing the world??

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Trachel
I agree, it starts with the individual but if disorganized, how can this positive change be harnessed to affect the whole society?

Please don't take this as nitpicking, I just want to clarify this because you opened up a chicken and egg argument as I understand it. Is it the environment that makes the individuals or the individuals that make the environment or is it symbiotic?

The dynamics of a society is much more complex if we just factor in individuals separately. Take individuals in a small group and we have a new variable to consider, then another group of individuals and small groups of individuals organized in a larger group and so on.

I can't find the exact quote from Max Weber on-line that I've read long ago, he said that all societies have the same problems, the only difference is in frequency, scope and intensity. I may have forgot something but that's how I remember it; in contrast to Tolstoi's "All happy families are alike; each unhappy family is unhappy in its own way."

edit on 09 11 2015 by MaxTamesSiva because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: MaxTamesSiva
I agree, it starts with the individual but if disorganized, how can this positive change be harnessed to affect the whole society?

Positive actions by an individual have a cascading avalanche effect upon everyone that person encounters. When you're exposed unto happy smiling upbeat people, you're far more likely to embody those traits yourself.

And when you're around people who work relentlessly towards constant and ceaseless self-improvement, you're less likely to accept mediocrity and stagnation in your own life.

There's a common maxim that says "you're the sum of the five people you hang around most" (or something to that effect). That's how the individual actor changes society--by being an example others admire, then becoming a person others emulate.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I guess I'm screwed judging from the group of friends I'm hanging out with.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   

I guess I'm screwed judging from the group of friends I'm hanging out with.

It's never too late for changing your circle of friends and eliminating negative people from your life. Once you start making a real effort towards improving your reality and evolving your self, you'll often find fate conspiring towards filling your life with like-minded people who can help you attain your ambitions and reach new heights.

So I wouldn't consider yourself screwed just yet.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Thank you, that's comforting. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst, that's my motto.

Don't get me wrong but I love my small circle of friends, they may not be illuminating beacons of light and happiness but they sometimes spontaneously burst into singing drunken bawdy songs. I'm not throwing them under the bus yet... well, maybe just two for a start.

I was just thinking, since you started the baby steps to enhancing the world; why don't we all try to figure out a rough outline for a revolution? Where do we go from here?

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   

I was just thinking, since you started the baby steps to enhancing the world; why don't we all try to figure out a rough outline for a revolution? Where do we go from here?

I don't think there needs to be any revolution in the conventional sense of the word. No violence, no blood, no uprisings of an aggressive nature.

On the contrary, I think we need only awaken a concerted enough mass of humanity where we start saying an emphatic and unequivocal "NO" to all the insane plans and agendas of the psychopaths we're currently letting steer our species into the shoals of oblivion.

All we need is a groundswell of individuals who refuse tolerate or support any more senseless wars/violence/depravity/corruption--refusing listen to a single idea or order coming out the mouths of those sociopathic lunatics.

Then we win the "revolution" without having fired a single shot.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Of course, I mean a revolution to enhance the world. I'm all for enhancement, that's what I keep telling my wife.

A revolution behind the keyboard? Can we blog our way to a revolution or do we also need spraypaints, guitars, cameras, squeegees and cross-stitch kits? Maybe something concrete like boycotting corporations with insane plans and agendas, riding a bike instead of driving a car, starting a garden, stop paying our taxes (not gonna happen), invite Chomsky to our rally (also not gonna happen)? Can we dance our way to a revolution? With my group of friends, more likely to drink our way to a revolution.

I just remembered, I have a friend that owes me money and I don't think he's going to pay me; so make that three. How am I doing? I just throw three of my friends under a bus to enhance my life.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: MaxTamesSiva

Remember that maybe the friends around you who seem less aware of things, are still receptive to the light that you bring into this world. Everyone has to start somewhere and every profound shift of person, is generated from somewhere else, a deep inner insight or some external conversation or moment. We are all learning and growing constantly. Maybe your friends need you as much as you feel ready to move on. Not to say that you should stay around people who bring you down or otherwise harm you but remember friendship is about giving as well as receiving.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Oh believe me, I think they are more than aware that sometimes I think they got ESP. They can always tell when I have extra cash in my pocket.

Seriously though, we all have our flaws and in dealing with others the bottom line is to ask the question can we live with it or not?... and yeah, it's a two way street.

I just wanted to explore the idea that Trachel presented, to run away with it and maybe see where it will lead us.

top topics

join