It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Trijicon Ruggedized Miniature Reflex Sight: The Future of Handgun Sighting Systems

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: VashTheStampede

Being a army man isn't any sort of qualifications I've trained seals and I doubt you can shoot better than one.

It doesn't matter if you have used a Trijicon on combat,because it would have been mounted on rifle,when a red dot is mounted on the action of a weapon it is significantly less accurate and takes more of a beating than if it was mounted on the frame,notice none of the well know competition shooters have their red dots mounted on the slide.

Which is exactly what this optic was designed for.

Also:

notice none of the well know competition shooters have their red dots mounted on the slide.

You need to stop bull#ting.
edit on pThu, 08 Oct 2015 18:12:53 -050020158America/Chicago2015-10-08T18:12:53-05:0031vx10 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Dude. He's trained seals. They don't just learn how to catch fish on their own, okay?

Respect.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Soon as these BSers come out with the "I was a SEAL" "I'm so bad ass that I trained SEALs" lines You can rest assured everything that comes from their fingers after that is a LIE.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: VashTheStampede

originally posted by: projectvxn

1. The sight is not electronic.

2. The type of pin point adjustment you can do with these makes your assertion that irons are more accurate absurd.

1: if it doesn't use some sort of steam-punk setup,coal,gasoline,or propane to power your sight it is electronic.

2: Hardly,shoot your handgun from a benchrest with the sights properly dialed in and then do it with the red dot,do this emptying a full magazine per sight and you will see that the groupings with irons is tighter I say use a benchrest because most people aren't accurate enough to do it unassisted. It helps if you also use something with a competition grade barrel like a Colt Python,or a Wilson Combat 1911,with a competition barrel it is quite obvious.Also shoot at say 35 yards to 50 yards for a better comparison.

1. I own two TA31F-RMR's, so two ACOG's, with RMR's piggy backed, there are NO electronics in any of the sights. as previously stated by projectvxn, they use a tritium H3 (radioactive gas) for low light level reticle/dot illumination, and for when in a high ambient light environment the fiber optic "wick" boosts the reticle/dot illumination to a high enough level to be visible. No batteries, no components of any sort... Just a glass gas capsule and a red (in my case) plastic rod. Trujicon does make ACOG/RMR models that are battery/fiber optic, but that is not what is being discussed.

2. As someone who shoots fairly often, and across the spectrum of weapons and sights, your generalities regarding iron sights versus a red dot is laughable. Some handguns have "minute of barn" sights, others are more refined like my Springfield TRP; regardless, none will match an optic all other things being equal. Proficiency and personal preference are the variables that lend to skewed results... Even off a "benchrest" though when discussing handguns I'm sure you meant a Ransom Rest.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   

See I took him literally. Silly me, I assumed that anybody who's good enough to train a SEAL how to shoot while not being a SEAL himself would know that it's an acronym and a title, and thus capitalized.

I pictured some guy training seals in how to catch fish and balance beach balls on their noses.

Oops.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Mirthful Me

God that must have cost you some serious cash.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I wonder why 9 MOA

I just realized I totally missed this post.

I actually considered getting the 13.5 MOA model but it required a battery. 3 MOA was too small of a dot for the applications I was considering. Like I have said in other threads, my guns are for self defense/combat, not precision shooting or competition. 13.5 MOA would have been perfect for it had it been a battery free option.

So the other option I had was a medium sized 9 MOA dot. As you can see from the image, the results are excellent.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Little pricing error on Amazon... Bought two, should have bought all six available... They were gone after I confirmed that it was the complete ACOG/RMR combo... Subsequent listings were correctly priced...

I still have moar glass than I have sticks, and I have a lot of sticks...

Black Friday is coming up, and that is when I have a field day.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Mirthful Me

Yeah I basically stole mine from Ebay.

Gotta love those opportunities.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mirthful Me

Little pricing error on Amazon... Bought two, should have bought all six available... They were gone after I confirmed that it was the complete ACOG/RMR combo... Subsequent listings were correctly priced...

Will you also be purchasing a seal to teach this Black Friday?

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I'm gonna steal one from Sea World.

It can live in my tub.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Being a army man isn't any sort of qualifications I've trained seals and I doubt you can shoot better than one.
It doesn't matter if you have used a Trijicon on combat,because it would have been mounted on rifle,when a red dot is mounted on the action of a weapon it is significantly less accurate and takes more of a beating than if it was mounted on the frame,notice none of the well know competition shooters have their red dots mounted on the slide.

Well, that could explain the $7,000 in car damage you suffered...

Good thing 0bama got rid of that "don't ask don't tell" nonsense or things could have been embarrassing...

You know who trains SEALs? Other SEALs, SF operators from other branches of the U.S. military, SF operators from the finest foreign groups like the SAS, GSG 9, et al... Maybe on a rare occasion a former SF operator with a unique skill, experience, or training venue, or a manufacturer like Knight's Armament or Dillon Aero might do some specific training, but I'm betting you don't fall into any of those august categories.

Please don't embarrass yourself anymore than you have.

edit on 10/8/2015 by Mirthful Me because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: Mirthful Me

Will you also be purchasing a seal to teach this Black Friday?

Yes, Russian:

They are lights out when the SHTF...

And there's water...

And plenty of fish...

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   

I've been evaluating the Trijicon RMR for the better part of a month on my Glock 19 Gen 4. It is my opinion that these types of sighting systems are the future of handguns for various reasons:

1. The Weapon

Glock 19 Generation 4. Slide milled to accept RMR mounting.

2. The Sight

Trijicon RMR RM05, 9 MOA Amber Dot Reflex Sight.

This sight requires no batteries. It is a combination ambient light gathering fiber optic and tritium gas.

On to the Glock 19 Gen 4. The evaluation was not of the pistol. I've put 1000 or so flawless rounds through it. It is a reliable carry pistol and it is incredibly accurate when you can wring it out using the proper equipment.

The month long training period was focused entirely on the RMR. I took it out to 20 yards. I used speed shooting techniques as well as speed draw. There were a few errant rounds on the target due to momentary lapses in trigger discipline. Otherwise what you see is 150 rounds on target at 20 yards.

This is near rifle accuracy being squeezed out of a pistol with a 4 inch barrel. 3 dot sight, the U and Dot of the stock Glock sights, or post and dot night sights cannot compare to this kind of accuracy at all.

Why? Because I can use BOTH of my eyes to track, acquire, and hit the target. There's no sight alignment required. Where the dot is pointed is where the bullet will hit.

There is a learning curve, however. Because of the design of the system, with a curved window, acquiring the dot can be problematic at first. That is why it is important top train with it. The image above, at 20 yards, using the techniques described above, are the result of consistent training with the sight system.

You can find these from $300 to $600 depending on model, whether it was used or not, or whether it is on sale or not. I found a used one for $280 on Ebay. Services who offer slide milling for the RMR are plentiful on the internet and can be expensive depending on the additional services you request.

Ladies and Gentlemen these sights, and some like it(Leupold Delta Point, Burris Fast Fire, and a few others) are the future of handgun sighting. Notch and post and 3 dot are a thing of the past and should be treated as such. The results speak for themselves.

The only thing that disappoints me here is that there is No Smiley Face, shot into your target.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

I need some Lethal Weapon training :

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   

If you really are Army then what is your mos?
edit on 8-10-2015 by VashTheStampede because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   

I'm a 15T10F.

I'm a crew chief and door gunner on UH 60M helicopters.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   

a reply to: Violater1

I need some Lethal Weapon training :

And a bayonet. I'm still sad about that.

Oh wait, you're Army. That's right.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Mine was 18B,before I retired.

I was a SF weapons Sergeant.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Mine was 18B,before I retired.

I was a SF weapons Sergeant.