It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if you're wrong?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   
This is a common question asked by those who are religious to somehow justify their faith. I'd like to flip the question around and ask the religious the same thing. What if you're wrong?

Say you die a sudden death and are transported to the pearly gates only to be greeted by someone other than who you expected. Say you are Christian and meet Mohommad at the pearly gates and he asks you who you believe in, he also says that if you say anything other than Allah then you will be sent to hell immediately to suffer for eternity, what would your answer be?

To Muslims, say the same thing happens to you but Peter or Jesus are at the pearly gates and say that if your answer is anything other than Jesus you will be sent to hell immediately to suffer for eternity, what would your answer be?

This is purely hypothetical of course, so the event is the real deal, not some kind of deception by Satan, so whoever is at the gate is telling the truth.

If you refuse to accept Jesus/Allah, would you believe God was justified in sending you to hell for eternity? Do you believe you would have deserved to be sent to hell for believing the wrong thing your whole life?

If not, then why do you feel your God is justified in doing the same to someone who doesn't share the same faith as you?

I look forward to the answers here. This won't be a debate on my part, just a question I wanted to ask and I am curious to the answers that will be given. Thanks in advance.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Or, what if you are a Christian, and you are greeted by the True Father, and is refised emtry because you were praying to a false god creates by die churches?

S&F
edit on 7-10-2015 by IndependentOpinion because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-10-2015 by IndependentOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: IndependentOpinion

The true Father wouldn't create or allow a place like hell to exist in the first place in my opinion. If he truly loves everyone, he will forgive them no matter what. That's what true unconditional love is. The closest thing to hell there is is here on Earth, and it's only temporary, not eternal.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Thank you for illustrating an example of a false god, someone that can allow his name to be shamed without any punishment....

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   

What if you're wrong?

I'm not.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   

All other versions of god apart from one found within are false, because they come from men that includes every religious version of God.
God doesn't have petty human traits.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Why if when arriving to the pearly gates of heaven, Shamayim, Jannah, Amitabha, Valhalla , Tian, Swarga Loka or paradise, people of different religious backgrounds find that everbody is correct instead?

if who is called Yaweh, Adonai, Jehova, Brahma, Ala, Zeus, Odin, the Tao, Logos or Great Spirit is exactly the same divine being?,

or

if The Jewish Messiah is nobody else than Joshua Bar Josef ( the historic Jesus Christ), that is exactly the same figure that others call Buddha Maitreya, Khrisna, Shiva, Al-Mahdi , kalki Avatar , Saoshyant , Quetzalcoatl, Wiracocha, Bochica or Kuculcan that is coming back to rule again over his world?

I think that might be several times more likely to occur and a happy ending for everybody, after all How many different ways are to pronounce the name of God? well as many as possible human languages exist.

Who in his sane mind can claim to have already registered copyrights over God' s character and exclusive representation?

Pls read:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks,

The Angel of Lightness
edit on 10/7/2015 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   

The only reference I am even slightly familiar with is the Christian religion but if God is truly an understanding and forgiving god these passages should apply regardless of the religion one professes, in my opinion.

Context
Jesus Blesses the Children
13Then some children were brought to Him so that He might lay His hands on them and pray; and the disciples rebuked them. 14But Jesus said, "Let the children alone, and do not hinder them from coming to Me; for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these." 15After laying His hands on them, He departed from there.
Cross References
Matthew 5:3
"Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 5:10
Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 18:3
And he said: "Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 19:15
When he had placed his hands on them, he went on from there.

Mark 10:15
Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it."

Luke 18:17
Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it."

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   

We have the punishment in the world we have created here, it's a pretty crappy place wouldn't you say? Eternal punishment though? Not at all. That's not fair in the slightest. If God is just and fair, eternal punishment has never even crossed his mind.
edit on 10/7/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Greetings and Salutations- You do realize that You're going to be inundated by a slew of "believers" that well, 'believe' that the path they are on is the 'right path' This of course can never be proven so You're inviting a "clash" to where One finds the need to defend their "truth".. The Truth needs no book, no doctrine, no dogma, no hierarchy. Truth stands on its own and the rest is pushing to compete with truth and that is falsehood...

I'd wait and bypass the "believers" and wait for the "KNOWERS" this will be the few that don't try and $ell You salvation, they will just kindly nudge because in the end, end.. We ALL revert back from whence We came, some taking longer than others, ergo, on different paths together...

If Yours works for You, it works for Me..

"Religion" is for folks afraid of Hell, "Spirituality" is for folks that have already been...." -The Great Sioux Nation

namaste

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
If God is just and fair, eternal punishment has never even crossed his mind.

There is a strong argument that the Christian God doesn't send people to hell to endure everlasting torment. I personally believe that interpretation is correct. Hell is where this God sends souls to be destroyed. In that sense it is an everlasting punishment, for once your body and soul have been destroyed, there is absolutely no coming back. The Bible says the gift is eternal life, and that the wages of sin is death. An everlasting torment endured in hell, is still eternal life (albeit not a very pleasant one). "Fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell."

What if I'm wrong in not worshiping any god? Well as an atheist, I would finally have the evidence required to make me a believer. Depending which god greeted me and where.. who knows what my fate would be at that point. If it's the Christian God though, seems I won't have to worry much. Seems I'll just cease to exist after some judging, when my soul is cast into hell to be destroyed. Alternatively, if "once saved always saved" turns out to be legitimate, those gates will open. I hope the music up there doesn't suck.

Though even if "once save always saved" was my Get Out of Hell Free card, would I even want to go into the Christian heaven? I don't think very highly of their God. Could there be some technicality God would use to boot me out? Such as my horrible opinions of him? Would he sit me down and explain things to me in a way that would make me understand? Maybe. I wonder if he uses the same mental gymnastics many of his followers resort to. They are made in his image after all...

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

Luke 13
28 “There will be weeping there, and gnashing of teeth, when you see Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and all the prophets in the kingdom of God, but you yourselves thrown out.

This is what is said to happen in the place of eternal punishment. You can't weep or gnash your teeth if you don't exist anymore.

Not arguing, just giving another perspective that is in the bible.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Say you are Christian and meet Mohommad at the pearly gates and he asks you who you believe in...

Ever study NDE's?

Ever wonder why none of them ever mention being greeted by Buddha, Zeus, Krishna, Mohammad, Thor, Xenu, etc?

The true Father wouldn't create or allow a place like hell to exist

God will never force anyone against their will to go to Heaven.

As free moral agents, every person makes the choice as to where he will spend eternity...

Jesus: "I'm a gentleman Nick, I'll never force myself on you or anyone.

Jesus: Nick, what would be more unjust and unfair, for me to steal you at the moment of your death and force you to live in my presence and in my will for all eternity.

Jesus: Hell on the other hand is a place where you'll be completely free from all of my "though shalt nots"... FOREVER."

Melisa: But surely no one would choose that if they knew you really existed?

Jesus: Not so, nobody goes into hell blindfolded. In one way or another, I've revealed myself to everyone.

Melisa: But if they could just see you...

Jesus: Not even that would be enough. Look at satan, he stood before me in the very throne room of God. But he thought the beauty and the power bestowed was somehow earned. Gave himself over to pride. Scratch any sin and just below the surface you'll find pride...

Jesus: Everyone dies, Nick, but not everyone needs to fear death. If you abide in me, you’ll be stepping free from this fallen world and into glory.

...out of love, he allowed Lucifer to choose his own way and this is the same freedom the Lord gives to each of us. He's not going to force anyone to go to heaven that chooses that they don't want to, even if they once did. God doesn't make decisions for us, but He allows us to choose for ourselves. This has to be true, since sin entered the world because of bad choices made by Adam and Eve.

The Lord gave each of His created beings a free will. After we have accepted Jesus as our savior, we still have the freedom to turn back to a life of sin and to reject His grace. The Lord speaks about people being in danger of having their names removed from the Book of Life. (Exodus 32:33 & Revelation 3:5)

Can a Christian Lose Their Salvation?

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   

The true Father wouldn't create or allow a place like hell to exist in the first place in my opinion.

Fiery hell is a construct of the Catholic church. Most Evangelicals, Pentecostals and other Protestants view hell as eternity without the true father, which is a choice the person made.

look up what CS Lewis said about hell for example (this actually proves he was not a Catholic even though they like to claim him as one of thier own). Or watch this video, or don't, its your choice.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Could you answer the question at least? The hypothetical question is what if you're wrong and someone other than Jesus is at the pearly gates? It's hypothetical so your argument that you aren't wrong doesn't apply here, the question deals with if you are wrong.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: The angel of light

Amen

This is how I see it as well. We are not wrong, and wouldn't be surprised by whoever is at the gates.

edit on 7-10-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Where does it say anything about hell in that verse or the surrounding ones?

Jesus is talking about the narrow gate, and commenting on the reactions of those who've realized they won't be saved.

This is an interesting but extensive read I found persuasive: Hell Know!

Of course, everlasting torment or ultimate destruction, it makes no difference to this atheist.

edit on 10-7-2015 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid
Ever wonder why none of them ever mention being greeted by Buddha, Zeus, Krishna, Mohammad, Thor, Xenu, etc?

Ever wonder why all the NDEs describing heaven or hell aren't consistent? As in, one description of heaven or hell is completely different from the next guy's description? Why do you think that is? Food for thought.

Also, a quick google search reveals that people have "met" other deities during their NDEs. Believing that it is only ever Jesus Christ is incorrect.

edit on 10-7-2015 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   
What if? I'll let Richard explain it...

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   
God is imaginary creation of man. And I suppose one's imagination can take them to where ever they want to go. and meet whatever God it is they want too. You will never get the one's of true biblical faith ever admit for a milli second they could be wrong. Never.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join