It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missile Fragments 'Found in MH17 Bodies'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Fragments of a Buk anti-aircraft missile have been found in the bodies of victims of the Malaysian Airlines Flight 17 disaster in eastern Ukraine, an investigator has said.

Vasyl Vovk, a senior officer of the Ukrainian Security Service (SBU) who headed the Ukrainian contribution to the joint investigation into the disaster, said the fragments found amongst the aircraft wreckage and in victims' bodies matched parts from two Buk missiles that investigators dismantled for comparison.

Source

So while the world focuses on Russia's exploits in Syria out looks like some news had been developing closer to home for Putin. Earlier this week it was announced that the report regarding the crash of MH17 would be released next Tuesday. Now we have one of investigators coming out and saying that MH17 was 100% downed by a BUK.

This kind of puts a damper on the Su-25 smokescreen that Russian media put out that was picked up by so many on this site. Of course I'm sure this latest development won't change the mind of those who believe MH17 was brought down by an AAM and 30mm cannon fire.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Now they just need to figure out which side fired it. My understanding is that both sides probably had access to that weapon system.

I just can not trust this source of information until it is verified.

Vasyl Vovk, a senior officer of the Ukrainian Security Service (SBU) who headed the Ukrainian contribution to the joint investigation into the disaster, said the fragments found amongst the aircraft wreckage and in victims' bodies matched parts from two Buk missiles that investigators dismantled for comparison.

The comments come just a week before the Dutch-led air safety investigation releases its report into the causes of the disaster on October 13.
edit on 7-10-2015 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

This chap goes from a former investigator to a investigator who is actually not part of the team that is investigating it . I don't know but I don't think it was BUK as nobody seen the smoke trail that would have lasted for some time if it had been a BUK . There was some interesting evidence that was let slip from the Australian coroner that is or may be crucial in the story . Time will tell as the report is still in the pipe line and even that will have to be audited but competent professionals . This story is much like has been repeated many times and believed by many but not all ...

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Vasyl Vovk, a senior officer of the Ukrainian Security Service (SBU) who headed the Ukrainian contribution to the joint investigation into the disaster, said the fragments found amongst the aircraft wreckage and in victims' bodies matched parts from two Buk missiles that investigators dismantled for comparison. “The fragments found in the bodies of the victims and the remains of the aircraft, are elements that resemble the samples from Buks given to experts for comparative research,” Mr Vovk told Dutch news site NOS.

Ukrainian Security Service. What a great objective source.

NOS. A known government owned propaganda channel.
edit on 7-10-2015 by RogueWave because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   

And it took a year, to find that fragment ... it must've been a real needle in the haystack.

Another retarded attempt, to demonize the Russians.

Wake up an "old" ghost, and refer to people's emotions, rather than intellect.

edit on 7/10/2015 by bjarneorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Only the inquiring mind will know the truth. All others will be content with the MSM account of what happened.
edit on 7-10-2015 by CharlesT because: removed "truly"

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   

That is the smoking gun we've all been waiting for. Thanks for sharing OP.

I'll go as far as surmising that the rebels fired it, thinking they were targeting a Ukranian bomber. The only real question is who supplied it. i.e. Did the rebels capture the BUK launcher from Ukranian forces, or was it a country warming present from Putin?

ETA, I naturally of course expect the official report to concur with this early release.
edit on 7-10-2015 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: bjarneorn

It took a year to complete the report, which is actually fast for a crash report.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Is that Ukrainian Secret Service guy qouting that report?

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: RogueWave

I have no idea, it hasn't been publicly released yet. But there have been several leaks that have said there were fragments from a BUK, and Almaz-Antey said it was one of their M1 versions.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   

MH17 'shot down by Ukrainian SAM', claims Almaz-Antey

www.janes.com...

Russian air defence system manufacturer Almaz-Antey claims to have evidence Malaysia Airlines flight MH17, a Boeing 777 downed over eastern Ukraine on 17 July 2014 with the loss of all 298 on board, was destroyed by a Ukrainian 9M38M1 surface-to-air missile (SAM) fired from a Buk-M1 (SA-11) system located south of the town of Zaroschenskoe in the Donetsk region, rather than by a Russian SAM as previously claimed.
edit on 7-10-2015 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

And it's entirely possible it was and was captured, but they weren't entirely honest I their claim Russia no longer has M1s. They were seen firing them in exercises in 2014.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   

In August, the prosecution already known to have been found at the crash site of flight MH17 parts that are supposedly by a Buk missile are . To get more information about these systems , Ukraine has made two BUKS made ​​available to the research team, the Joint International Criminal Investigation Team MH17

So this supposed conclusion was reached after comparing to BUKS provided BY THE UKRAINE. So if anything, they would match BUKS owned by Ukraine.

The research team JIT confirms Vasyl Vovk until recently was part of the team , but finds his statements " are not careful ." " The JIT examines various scenarios , including most probable : . That the MH17 is brought down by a Buk missile It is therefore extensively researched Buk missile systems But while much pointing in one direction , other scenarios can not be excluded . " , the JIT writes in a comment.

Like I suspected he is trying to influence public opinion before the report is coming out. Looks like they are saying that their research still has not proven that a BUK was used. Seems like Vovk knows this and is doing preemptive damage control.

nos.nl...
edit on 7-10-2015 by RogueWave because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   
We will probably never know the truth.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   

It doesn't matter who owns them, the basic missile is the same. And keep in mind that Russia is part of the investigation and had to sign off on the report. They were privy to everything done and have the final draft of the report already.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   

It doesn't matter who owns them, the basic missile is the same.

It does matter, because it could have been an Ukrainian BUK.

And keep in mind that Russia is part of the investigation and had to sign off on the report. They were privy to everything done and have the final draft of the report already.

Yes, how does this refute the part of my post that you ignored?

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   

So the Ukrainian 9K37 is different from the Russian 9K37. Got it.

It's also possible that the aircraft just suddenly exploded. There are any number of scenarios that are possible. But the one the evidence points to is a BUK.

You think that Russia is going to sign off on a report that points to a SAM when there is evidence that something else did it?

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   

So the Ukrainian 9K37 is different from the Russian 9K37. Got it.

You obviously didn't get it. I said that it could have been an Ukrainian BUK if it was a BUK. What part was hard to understand. You are saying that they are the same yourself.

It's also possible that the aircraft just suddenly exploded. There are any number of scenarios that are possible. But the one the evidence points to is a BUK.

No the evidence points to several possible scenarios according to the commission.

You think that Russia is going to sign off on a report that points to a SAM when there is evidence that something else did it?

What are you talking about. The report has not come out yet. And like I said, the commission seems to suggest that they still haven't proven that it was a BUK.

And they are calling Vovk's statement "not careful". Why did you ignore this yet again.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: bjarneorn

It took a year to complete the report, which is actually fast for a crash report.

Hmmmm.

July 14, 2014

Convoy of hearses today carried a second batch of Flight MH17 victims to military barracks in Hilversum, Holland
Bodies taken to at Korporaal van Oudheusden military barracks, where they will be identified by forensic experts
Globally, some 1,000 people are involved in the tortuous identification process, which could take several months

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

If anyone has a problem with the source, they can look it up themselves. Even if it took them 8 months, they should have found this much sooner if it was really in existence. What size would this fragment? I don't see how they could have distinguished between missile fragments and any of the possible thousands of various parts of the plane or it contents.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I suspect that when the report comes out next week, it will be inconclusive, and this Vovk guy knows this.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join