It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Planned Visit to Roseburg, Ore. 'Not Welcome' There

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Items found at the Associated Press, the New York Times and the Washington Post, in reporting that President Obama plans to visit Roseburg, Oregon later this week, have all failed to report that community leaders have said that his visit is not welcome.

The 4:10 p.m. PT (7:10 PM ET) entry at a running timeline at AP announced that "Barack Obama will travel to Oregon this week to visit privately with families of the victims of last week's shooting at a community college." None of the four previous items in the timeline as of 9:00 PM ET tonight (saved here for future reference) mentions that town leaders, who believe they are appropriately expressing the community's sentiments, would prefer that he stay away.

Juliet Eilperin's 7:51 PM item at the Post also failed to acknowledge the existence of community leaders' opposition to Obama's visit — something which has been known since mid-Monday morning, if not earlier

newsbusters.org...

No, we don't want you here Obama. You politicize a national tragedy to promote a political agenda. Gun control running like rampant on the media but barely ANY mention of Chris Mintz (www.fox7austin.com...) the individual who heroically attempted to stop the gunman.

This madness needs to come to an end! I will be leaving the U.S.A. shortly and I hope to god you all can come together and get your country back. This place has gone mad.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   

I saw this on the news!

They really do not like Obama, and I do not blame them in the slightest.

Used Newton as stage props. He has used all of those events as stage props to push his agenda.

It's not about the people that are grieving. They should be left to grieve in their own time, and own way.

And the media circus be left out of it.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: b3l13v3

I Hope Many Personal Firearms are in Used Condition before the Government Tries to Take them Away from Law Abiding American Citizens who have a Constitutional Right to Possess them .

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Also at play here is the exorbitant costs to any community which the POTUS visits. The Secret Service are only a portion of the enforcement required for these visits. When the dude was in Anchorage, it cost our city handsomely, and it was all effectively ordered by DC while Alaska picked up the check.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Everything he wants to discuss with the demographic there, is pretty much counter to what they believe. How do I know this? I'm from the area...

Most everyone I've talked with are either indifferent to his visit, or do not want him to come and see it as a publicity stunt to further push political action.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
sorry man already posted

Abovetopsecret

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I don't really care for Obama's policy's.

But, he is the President of the United States.

If he wants to come you welcome him accordingly.

I respect the Office...

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   

I remember when my President George W. Bush chose not to land in New Orleans immediately post Katrina so as not to "politicize" tragedy.
He was lambasted by the leftist media for doing a flyover. I agree with his reason for not landing and vehemently defended his decision.
Had President Bush decided to land he undoubtedly would've been lambasted by the same media for politicizing the event.

Here are my thoughts on the Oregon situation:
The President of the United States should at the very least be given the benefit of the doubt when tragedy befalls our citizenry....regardless of his Marxist ideology
---I can't believe I'm actually defending present Obama but in this case, I feel out of respect for the office, we should allow the president to visit regardless of his motives....
The individuals and victims have the right to decline his invitation(s) but the community as a whole should accept him if only superficially imho....
Obama is the president and we should affordhim some modicum of respect regardless of how ludicrous his communist policies may be.

I would have said and felt the same way were it President Bush and it's only fair to extend Obama the same latitude.

-Christosterone

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: DrumStickNinja

I am also from the area, my friend!

I strongly feel that he has no business being here. Regardless if he simply wants to pay his condolences to the families or not, he didn't properly do so when he addressed the nation and he quickly took the opportunity to politicize and jumped on the gun control wagon.

a reply to: burdman30ott6

That is absolutely disgusting. Why a state should have to pay for federal trips is completely contrary to anything remotely sensible.

a reply to: neo96

No the majority of us do not like Obama at all. I moved to Oregon from California to get away from the libtard festival of idiots that continually run the state into the ground. Oregon should preserve itself and keep this moron away.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone

Obama is the president and we should affordhim some modicum of respect regardless of how ludicrous his communist policies may be.

We should afford him/them/the establishment no such modicum, we should deplore them and remove them from their positions in office. They are not acting in the slightest way to the benefit of the American public in any way shape or form - many reasons of which I could get into however it's not the point of this thread. You want gun control? Too bad. There's a thing called the constitution and we reserve our right to bear arms and Oregon is one of the states willing to fight for that. It's the communities and state's job to protect their citizens and their rights. If the families want to accept a visit, that's their choice - however I'm fairly certain he will not be receiving a warm welcome.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

You respect an office that continuously defiles the principles of which this country was founded on? You have misguided respect, sir. The American public's job is to call out the office when they are wrong AND HOLD THEM ACCOUNTABLE.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Yeah , and Good Luck buying your Daily Loaf of Bread at your Neighborhood Store to while Da Feds and their Following Parasites are in Town ......
edit on 7-10-2015 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Are you asking me if I want gun control?!?!?
I'm a Texan...that should suffice as to my stance on guns...

As for the respect part, I love America with every fiber of my being and I believe Obama to be the worst thing to happen in America since the war of 1812....

But he was elected to the presidency and should, during times of tragedy, be afforded some latitude.

It is worth noting that president Obama NEVER showed an ounce of humanity when a terrorist Muslim infiltrator went on a killing spree in Killeen...

-Christosterone

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   

It's Hard to Respect the Office when the Person who's in it dosen't Respect the People who put him there......

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone

It is worth noting that president Obama NEVER showed an ounce of humanity when a terrorist Muslim infiltrator went on a killing spree in Killeen...

-Christosterone

Interesting, haven't heard of it. Is that the one with the knife stabbing in the KFC or what not? Obama the great divider. If it doesn't fit in his boat then it's of no use to him, I suppose. Didn't mean to get fired up at you and I do understand your point of view and completely agree that if he wants to send his condolences to the families then so be it, but he SHOULD have done so PROPERLY during his addressing the nation instead of spinning it off into gun control...

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Visit privately with the families... Are the families willing to meet with him?

Being President does not automatically grant him access to people and places.

edit on 7-10-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Not if those families don't want him.

He works for us. Not the other way around.

I'd have told him to go to Hell. SS, be damned. His sole intent is to politicize it.

Those families don't want him. He can stay away. It's called being a decent human being.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
sorry man already posted

Abovetopsecret

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

top topics

join