It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian Army Begins Large Scale Ground offensive backed by Russian Airforce in Hama

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   

www.presstv.ir...

Syria's army and allied forces, backed up by the Russian Air Force, have launched a major ground operation in the western parts of the country.
“The Syrian army and allied forces began a ground operation in the northern parts of Hama Province ... with fire cover from the Russian air force,” a Syrian military source said on Wednesday.It is said that a range of militants, including terrorists from the al-Qaeda-linked al-Nusra Front, are active in the area.

So i did a bit of looking around on who those "allied forces" really are..

www.reuters.com...

Hundreds of Iranian troops have arrived in Syria in the last 10 days and will soon join government forces and their Lebanese Hezbollah allies in a major ground offensive backed by Russian air strikes, two Lebanese sources told Reuters.
"The (Russian) air strikes will in the near future be accompanied by ground advances by the Syrian army and its allies," said one of the sources familiar with political and military developments in the conflict.

So its Hezbollah + Iran + Syrian Army backed by Russian Airforce Air cover and presumably Russian Special forces against Al Nusra and the Moderate Rebels.

Latest news report that Syrian Army and allies have taken full control of Maarkaba, Atchan and Skayk & Hweir hills in Hama today supported by Russia Air Force.

edit on 7-10-2015 by maddy21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   

So its Hezbollah + Iran + Syrian Army backed by Russian Airforce Air cover and presumably Russian Special forces against Al Nusra and the Moderate Rebels.

So it's Russia backing Shia terrorists fighting the Western back Sunni terrorists.

And here are the Syrian civilians caught between a rock, and a hard place.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Yeah, it sucks doesn't it?

Death for death's sake, money for nothing!!

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I wish them luck. Time to get rid of these foreign mercs and return peace and stability to Syria. Time will tell.

link   

Looks as though we have found a true hell on Earth with Syria...innocent civilians don't deserve what they have been getting.

link   
Syrian Army has Captured KafrNabudah.

They are basically going to be wiped out. Not sure how many of the Rats are in that encircled area.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

Looks as though we have found a true hell on Earth with Syria...innocent civilians don't deserve what they have been getting.

Yes indeed, it's scandalous, literally.

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

So it's Russia backing Shia terrorists fighting the Western back Sunni terrorists.

Hezbullah is as much as a terrorist group as Black Water is. One fights for religion/nationality, other fights for anyone who gives them money. Attempting to equate both sides as terrorists is stupid and incorrect. Assad is without a doubt a million times better than ALnusra/FSA/ISIS and even morally saner than the western govt.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: maddy21

Yawn, I am not at all surprised.. Willing to bet a wooden nickel they will be in Iraq.. Fighting "ISIS" next.
edit on 10 7 2015 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Russia should overthink who it supports. This map suggests that most of Russia's airstrikes hit the other Rebel groups (FSA, Nusrah, IF):

click

Also, listen to this Syrian Christian girl:

www.facebook.com...

Also, Russia doesn't help Syria because they love Assad that much... they just want more power and influence there.
edit on 7-10-2015 by Kemal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent76

Iraq has already asked for help from Russian Air Force. Putin played an extremely smart game. He patiently waited until even the US govt. was beginning to get sick and tired of the FSA. Then he took action leaving even US to just reply with nothing more than empty words looking helpless.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   

oh no, no, no... They wont be going into iraq to be saviors.. They will go in there to conquer it... This is about oil and position, nothing else..

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Funny.

That is what Hezbollah, and ISIS ARE.

The middle easterns version private military companies.

Tasked to do one thing.

Keep the middle eastern billionaire oil oligarch's flowing in the $$$.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
We had about a 6 month window to help moderates in Syria... Then about 6 more months the moderate revolution could have been salvaged.

After a year.... We just funneled money and weapons to hard core extremists...

I hope order gets restored... And I don't care who does it.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
The Russians have recovered from Afghanistan? Probably, just like the U.S recovered from Vietnam.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I find it interesting Syria, is the catalyst for this conventional war...

I really did not see it coming.

I think I can see what is coming next thou. A accident.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent76
I find it interesting Syria, is the catalyst for this conventional war...

I really did not see it coming.

I think I can see what is coming next thou. A accident.

Apparently it is prophesied in the biblical texts. The Middle East is the catalyst. What a totally crap region of the world to start a war.
edit on 7/10/15 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Hezbullah and ISIS aren't really the same. Infact Hezbullah is very popular in Lebenon. Their Ideologies and their goals are very different. Hezbullah is purely religious and Nationalistic.

www.yourmiddleeast.com...

Hezbullah has been demonised in the past due to its opposition with Isreal and U.S. Hezbullah is also militarily very very proficient. Both cannot be compared at all. ISIS may be payed and funded by U.S but those who join ISIS are extremists.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Accident=Staged and Orchistrated event.

edit on 7-10-2015 by HickoryStick because: No reason

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   

That is good news indeed, that the Syrian and allied army are making progress in the fight againts IS.

But I pity the civilians caught in the crossfire. It's better to do this now and restore some stability in the area.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join