It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

September Sees Record Gun Sales

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
There are several firearms on my buy list. Maybe it is time I frequented my local gun store and pulled the trigger so to speak.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   
It's pretty bad when the mass public has to buy firearms in fear of the government taking them away, instead of the government officials being in fear of their jobs for going after the 2nd Amendment.

If only there was an increase of voters at the same rate as firearm purchases.

edit on 10/7/2015 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: neo96
a reply to: xuenchen

He hasn't been trying at all. He has been quite 2nd friendly. The only reason you seem to think so is because you expose yourself to too much propaganda......and help spread it.

That's satire right?

Seriously Mr. "The 2nd amendment is very important", take your version of "propaganda" and stick it!

edit on 7-10-2015 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   
It's a matter of "trust your gut feeling". We The People, as a conglomerate, are very much aware of the signs. Politicians, especially those globalist elitists that like to put us in the hands of the likes of the U.N., smell funny to us...kind of fishy, if you know what I mean.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

However just because a back ground check was processed does not mean a gun was sold. So make of what you wish of these numbers. It seems 2015 has been the best year on gun sales to date.

What say you ?

You might also realize that multiple gun purchases can be completed with the one background check. I've seen it done.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nexttimemaybe
So lets be all conspiracy and stuff.

So knowing how the American public react to shootings, buy more guns. Maybe the NRA are using mkultra to get people to commit mass shootings to increase their gun sales! Or, maybe the NRA is paying doctors to prescribe more mental health meds!

Just kidding.

Except the NRA doesn't make money unless people pay their membership dues.

The government, however, has a lot to gain. Increased tax revenue, a list of gun owners that can be made actionable....

The government is th eonly group that has promised a reduction in violence, and despite actually achieving it seems willing to admit failure. So we can either blame them for lying, or for failing on what they advertised to get our votes. But either way...i dump it all in their lap and walk away happy.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: xuenchen

He hasn't been trying at all. He has been quite 2nd friendly. The only reason you seem to think so is because you expose yourself to too much propaganda......and help spread it.

What ?

23 EOS on guns.

Feinsteins bill would have been passed, but thanks to people like in the op refusing the stupidity.

They have time,and time again consistently gone after guns.

The last time being in the 90s with the ASWB.

The only propaganda here is being spewed by the anti gunners.
edit on 7-10-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   

I'd like to see stats on concealed carry applications if anyone has access to that information.

Just found this but it doesn't say how many new applications per month.

Concealed Carry state Statistics
www.legallyarmed.com...
edit on 7-10-2015 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

" Fear sells doesn't it?."

Yes , Fear Based on Sound Reasoning Usually Does.........

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT

I'd like to see stats on concealed carry applications if anyone has access to that information.

Just found this but it doesn't say how many new applications per month.

Concealed Carry state Statistics
www.legallyarmed.com...

Did you know?

According to the 14th amendment, and Gay rights.

All states SHOULD recognize CCW.

But they don't.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Yes, I am aware of this. Sad thing is the Constitution protects our rights but states, as well as the fed, is intent on usurping our civil and God given rights every chance they get and in not only this particular subject. I just thank God I live in a rural area of a predominantly rural state.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nexttimemaybe
So lets be all conspiracy and stuff.

So knowing how the American public react to shootings, buy more guns. Maybe the NRA are using mkultra to get people to commit mass shootings to increase their gun sales! Or, maybe the NRA is paying doctors to prescribe more mental health meds!

Just kidding.

Nice conspiracy. Could also be that democrats are in the gun industry payroll big time as well. Not directly to keep it off the books per se, maybe under the table or getting friends and family hooked up. Every time this push for gun control heats up everyone knows we will see some type of record sales for guns, ammo, whatever.

Hey it's a conspiracy site and wanted to take a break from the seriousness of the topic for one post. Cut me slack.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Fear sells doesn't it?.

Fear of what? Fear of the government making it so restrictive that it would be virtually impossible to purchase a gun of any type? Next they'll also use your credit score, AND/OR if you've had any traffic ticket AND/OR you've posted on a conspiracy site. I'm not kidding. It's almost impossible to purchase many types of ammo which has been one of their ploys. Who wants to buy a gun you can't get ammo for? Don't believe me, check out the ammo shelves at stores that sell ammo.....or used to. I tried to get some 30-06 one day while shopping for some sporting goods, no luck. I guess I can order it online with my credit card, name and mailing address.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 01:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Except the NRA doesn't make money unless people pay their membership dues.

That's not exactly true;
How The Gun Industry Funnels Tens Of Millions Of Dollars To The NRA

...today less than half of the NRA's revenues come from program fees and membership dues.

The bulk of the group's money now comes in the form of contributions, grants, royalty income, and advertising, much of it originating from gun industry sources.

Maybe you were referring to just the NRA, as in, the membership side of it. There's also the NRA-ILA, the lobbying side of things...this is where all that corporate money comes in. The 'Round Up' project, some major manufacturers donating 10% of every sales purchase to the NRA...it all adds up.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Its been a while since the great ar-15 buyout so the companies could do with a bit of a pre christmas perk of the the bottom line....subtle mentions of obama and grabbing guns and you got everyone coming in buying more guns and ammo so probably expect a shortage of popular calibres as everyone grabs some for home and some for the range.

how many of these gun sales were funded by trade ins? so while it looks like a lot of new guns hanging around if someones doing a 2 for 1 trade in then actually theres less guns around

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 04:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux

Fear of what? Fear of the government making it so restrictive that it would be virtually impossible to purchase a gun of any type?

So...you think the government is going to take guns away...so you buy more guns so they have more guns to take away? Or is it, you think it's going to be hard to purchase guns, so you buy more guns just to have more guns?

I mean, guns are a couple hundred bucks a piece...why spend the money if you know they're just going to be taken away? I just don't understand the need to have more than two or three guns.

Can someone explain it to me, please? I really, honestly don't understand the mentality.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Maxatoria
how many of these gun sales were funded by trade ins? so while it looks like a lot of new guns hanging around if someones doing a 2 for 1 trade in then actually theres less guns around

That may be true to a certain extent, but the only thing is, the BATF produces yearly reports detailing domestic firearm production, plus another one for imports, and makes these reports available to the public. I'll dig them up if you want to see them, but we know that somewhere in the range of 13-15 million new firearms enter the domestic market each year. They'd stop making that many if they weren't selling them.
edit on 8-10-2015 by vor78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   

What a manipulated scam is going on, the more the gun violence is advertised the more people wants their hands on owning a gun, then again, is not the fear of been killed in a mass shooting is the fear of what the government may do when it comes to restricting gun rights

The NRA, gun makers and sellers are loving it. Thank you Obama they are singing on their way to the bank

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cheddarhead

Fear is a great motivator. I have my mother's (yes, mother's... Mom was no fool) pump action shotgun. Mr. Cheddarhead works 2nd shift and I'm home alone most nights. Motion lights and noisy dogs go just so far, I want to be able to defend myself if I absolutely have to.

And to think, Democrats want to take away your right to choose to protect yourself. If I recall correctly, they think you should give up your gun and have a can of hornet poison handy. Or call the men in blue that they trash constantly as being racist over violent bullies with a badge and hope they get to your house in less than 90 seconds.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Actually, Neo, its not just September. Starting with May, every month so far this year has been a record for NICS checks. Overall, if the trend of the past few years continues, and gun sales increase sharply in these last three months of the year, it seems likely that this year will be an overall record once again as well. That's not necessarily a guarantee of new gun sales being a record, but its a safe bet that they're selling quite well.

<< 1    3 >>

join