It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass shootings VS Suicide bombings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Mass shootings in the U.S. happen infrequently...yet everytime they do so many people come out of the woodwork...and a lot of people come back onto the main stage screaming 'confiscate the guns' 'no more gun sales' 'only the government should have guns'

Imagine if the U.S. were any other country...instead of small shooting incidents we could have more creative mass bombings.
Ask any Mid East country....take the guns away and people become even more creative and efficient at their attempt to terrorize and hurt people.

The argument could be made at least with citizens having guns then citizens can protect themselves.

I know it's a leap of logic this idea....but soon...soon IED's are going to be showing up on our roadways and subways and near our schools.
Soon suicide bombers will be walking into our markets and grocery stores

Do we think there will be no ill effects of so many young Islamist being hurriedly shuttled into the west lately

Yes this post is all over the place and mods will flip it through three different forums before eventually deleting it.

I ask this that it stays in the social issues and civil unrest forum please.

I make two points here.
1. We will be seeing terror here (US) soon like the Middle East has lived with for decades. (Suicide bombers...IED's...kidnappings)
2. Outlawing legal gun ownership is not the answer.

The Boston Marathon bombing was just a precursor I feel.
Taking a citizens right o protect his family is no answer to extremism

X

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcouncil=wisdom

I think the Boston marathon is a great example. 10s of thousands of police joined the hunt and came up with zilcho, nada, nothing.

It was a citizen, breaking the law by smoking a cigarette outside, who spotted the culprit.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

how was the citizen breaking the law by smoking? was it in a banned area or something?

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
a reply to: greencmp

how was the citizen breaking the law by smoking? was it in a banned area or something?

There was a "stay indoors" (aka martial law) order in place, I forget what the actual euphemism was but, it was clear.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I was in New York for the last week...spent some time on the subway. Saw all the "if you see something say something" posters
Thank goodness for citizens watch/awareness and willingness to step in.
The government is really good at using all its technology for flushing out and finding thier enemies.
It's up to the citizens to protect themselves from the threats to our personal well being, liberties and rights.

X

top topics

join