It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

50 Killed in Knife Attack in Chinese Mining Town

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Gotcha. I was confused to see that coming from you haha!

God knows somebody would see your comment and run with it though...

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   
So this is still a guns vs knives thread? And, not WHY these nine people went to kill as many others as they could? Great, can't see the forest for the trees. Deny ignorance anyone????

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Badgered1

In most concealed carry states they require license applicants to take training in weapon safety, and tactical use of their firearm.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   

The phenomena has been discussed in military circles for a long time. In war the average grunt not spec-ops will subconsciously aim high to avoid being the one that killed the enemy. It is common in fact for many rounds to be fired in the direction of incoming fire but few hit the intended target. It requires special training to overcome the subconscious desire not to kill another human being.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Gotcha. I was confused to see that coming from you haha!

God knows somebody would see your comment and run with it though...

You are correct, I left it open for the wrong to run with.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: misskat1

What's this?
Another "false Flag" so the PTB can conviscate our knives?
No, I kind of doubt it; I remember the same thing happened several months ago to some school kids in China, also.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

umm you are aware the Chinese invented gun powder right? and the first firearms....rockets etc .they also tend to be more totalitarian in their responses so i would not want to be an Uyghur in this region of china as im betting the government will crack down on them rather quickly

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

opresssed minority angry at their treatment from the state and their neighbors? they are also controling info getting out so we may not get the full story of motivations etc for a while as china tries to contain this

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: RalagaNarHallas
a reply to: StoutBroux

opresssed minority angry at their treatment from the state and their neighbors? they are also controling info getting out so we may not get the full story of motivations etc for a while as china tries to contain this

While I do agree that China is not quite open on this subject ... these Turks don't have any "rights" in this area. They claim to be Ughur, who actually are mongolians from the 6th century AD. But are in reality, turks that immigrated in the 15th, 16th century. And they use Scandinavian mummies, from their era in the region about 4000 years ago, to make their claims.

So basically, the Chinese are right ...

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   
50 were also injured the article says. So if it was a gun instead of just knife more people would've died.

Quote: "Another 50 workers were injured."

edit on 7-10-2015 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Horrible.. agreed. But I think something is being over looked.. IF there was firearms used in this attack setting at night, many may have been awakened and alerted to what was happening and subdue the attackers in mass or flee for their lives. Far less casualties would have resulted. This attack needed stealth to be so successful. Guns popping just aren't stealthy. But the popping of guns fired by the victims would be a great way to announce your counter attack and possibly cause the less than dedicated attacker to flee. Just a few rounds in the air could have reduced the casualties. Just a thought

originally posted by: Badgered1
Horrible. But lets put some perspective on this:

Nine suspects are being pursued after they launched a coordinated knife attack and killed 50 workers at a northwestern Chinese coal mine, reports Radio Free Asia....

After overtaking security guards, the attackers killed the workers while they were asleep in bunkhouses at the Sogan colliery in Aksu. Another 50 workers were injured.
- my emphasis

By my math, that's an average of 5.56 dead per attacker, and the same wounded.

Let's put semi-automatic, high capacity firearms in their hands - the type with which someone could kill dozens of people in seconds - and the death toll would have been far greater.
Had the victims been awake, i daresay the knife attack would not have been so successful.

So, sure, people will find a way to kill if they don't have access to firearms, they'll just be a lot less effective.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I highly suggest, they ban knives in China. I'm not sure how they will survive with all that "knife violence " over there. I'm thinking "background checks" on anyone that knows how to make metal pointy objects with a file? On top of that backround check? A backround check on people buying files. Or is handy with tools of any sort. Hell! "Backround checks" on everyone! Because everyone can be a "potential" threat! I'd also ban, pitchforks, cast iron pans, shoelaces, mean looks, plastic wrap, carb cleaner and breathing. That should subdue the "violence"!
edit on 7-10-2015 by murphy22 because: Because I didn't say enough to agitate...

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: jappee
Horrible.. agreed. But I think something is being over looked.. IF there was firearms used in this attack setting at night, many may have been awakened and alerted to what was happening and subdue the attackers in mass or flee for their lives. Far less casualties would have resulted. This attack needed stealth to be so successful. Guns popping just aren't stealthy. But the popping of guns fired by the victims would be a great way to announce your counter attack and possibly cause the less than dedicated attacker to flee. Just a few rounds in the air could have reduced the casualties. Just a thought

originally posted by: Badgered1
Horrible. But lets put some perspective on this:

Nine suspects are being pursued after they launched a coordinated knife attack and killed 50 workers at a northwestern Chinese coal mine, reports Radio Free Asia....

After overtaking security guards, the attackers killed the workers while they were asleep in bunkhouses at the Sogan colliery in Aksu. Another 50 workers were injured.
- my emphasis

By my math, that's an average of 5.56 dead per attacker, and the same wounded.

Let's put semi-automatic, high capacity firearms in their hands - the type with which someone could kill dozens of people in seconds - and the death toll would have been far greater.
Had the victims been awake, i daresay the knife attack would not have been so successful.

So, sure, people will find a way to kill if they don't have access to firearms, they'll just be a lot less effective.

As I said, if there was firearms more would've actually die. People are not stupid to just randomly shoot a gun when others are sleeping. He would then use knife first, then shoot his way out. There are silencers today also which criminals can get their hands on. If they got silencer, shooting a gun wouldn't make a difference in noise, but increase casualties. I wonder how the other 50 got injured.

If the miners had guns the attacker would've stole them all first place because they were sleeping. Wouldn't make any difference at all.
edit on 7-10-2015 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: makemap

Whatever, not trying to convince. And a suppressor would not be as effective as you imply.
And had the camp been armed, your suggesting they would have First sneak around to disarm them...then go sneaking back around to attack. SMH

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: jappee
a reply to: makemap

Whatever, not trying to convince. And a suppressor would not be as effective as you imply.
And had the camp been armed, your suggesting they would have First sneak around to disarm them...then go sneaking back around to attack. SMH

Now, your just saying everyone sleeping with a gun would have heard the knife attacks on sleeping people. I like to see you try pulling out a gun while your on the bed with mouth cover and being stabbed to death. People were stabbed when they were asleep would not have heard anything at all until someone yells or shoots the gun. The suspects had gone through 50 people and if those 50 people they killed had guns, they would pick them up and shoot the other 50 instead of just injuring them. Sure it will alert the guards, but they become armed and even more dangerous already killing 100 people in total and possible the guards.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: network dude

So we can talk about how a gun would stop this but not how it could have made it worse?

All the blood loss from your heart must have made it hard to understand my post.

the Op is about a knife attack. Not a gun attack. If we are going to "What if" this,then we may as well "what if" with Newtown as well. If the skinny crazy kid had used a knife instead of a gun, then perhaps less kids would have died? Or perhaps more? Either way, a lunatic went out with a mission to take others lives. (I fully grasp that when you are blinded by hyperbole, you could miss that)

Bad people do bad things. Bad people sometimes use tools to do these bad things with. Punish the bad people. Or better yet, try to understand what makes them bad in the first place. But don't punish the knife.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   
More readily available guns over there would have stopped this. ...from being merely 50 victims.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join