It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

50 Killed in Knife Attack in Chinese Mining Town

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   
www.mining.com...

If someone has the will to kill they will find away. I havent found anything on main stream media about this, I guess it doesnt fit their Gun Control Agenda. Pretty much the only articles I found were just brietbart, beforeitsnews, the guardian, and other BS sites. So, how much does the media hide from us?

As a mom of Adult Sons, I can tell you that while they were growing up, I tried to make it a "play gun" free zone, but believe me they will resort to pointing their finger, or find a stick to make a gun if they have too. Are we to believe that before guns were invented, there were no mass killings? Get a grip.

Today we have lazer printers that can make a usable gun. The internet provides recipes for poison, bombs and a bizzilion other lethal weapons, you dont need a gun to be a mass murderer. But, you might need one to stop a mass murder. I for one dont really care about owning a fire arm. I do have a 22 for protection. And, I cant help but wonder how many who are anti-gun ownership has ever owned or fired one. Guns are scary for anyone who has never shot one. So, I get your fear, but I think its mostly out of ignorance.
edit on 7-10-2015 by misskat1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: misskat1

You are absolutely correct about not needing a gun to be a mass murderer.
If that would've happened here, some lawmaker would introduce a Bill requiring a background check when purchasing a knife so they would be seen as tough on crime.
I am very sorry for the Deaths and meen no disrespect.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Stabbing a group takes more balls than shooting a group...

Much more up close and personal...
Much more horrific and gory...
Much more adrenaline and rage...

Pulling a trigger and popping someone's skin with a blade are not comparable.

So it doesn't work as a pro gun argument.

Just keep your gun, why do people need to argue pro gun???
I'm pro gun and I don't waste my breath...

It's the anti gunners that need to waste energy and time and words that'll have no effect.

Plus, stabbing is Asian culture...
From Shaolins to Samaruis...
Not American...

American culture is Billy Bob and his Smith and Wesson.

TL;DR

Don't matter.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Some background as to possible motivation of these 9 perpetrators of the attack on the coal miners.......

The Uighurs are Muslims. They regard themselves as culturally and ethnically close to Central Asian nations.
The region's economy has for centuries revolved around agriculture and trade, with towns such as Kashgar thriving as hubs along the famous Silk Road.
In the early part of the 20th Century, the Uighurs briefly declared independence. The region was brought under the complete control of communist China in 1949.
Xinjiang is officially designated an autonomous region within China, like Tibet to its south.

Activists say central government policies have gradually curtailed the Uighurs' religious, commercial and cultural activities. Beijing is accused of intensifying a crackdown after street protests in Xinjiang in the 1990s, and again in the run-up to the Beijing Olympics in 2008.
Over the past decade, many prominent Uighurs have been imprisoned or have sought asylum abroad after being accused of terrorism. Mass immigration of Han Chinese to Xinjiang had made Uighurs a minority in Xinjiang.
Beijing is accused of exaggerating the threat from Uighur separatists in order to justify repression in the region.

www.bbc.com...

Also, last year in a Chinese Train station, 8 perpetrators attacked commuters with knives killing 33 and injuring 140...
2014 Kunming Attack

So yes, as I've been prattling on about this past few days on various gun-related threads, it's not guns that's the root cause - it's culture, mental state and socio-economic inequality that is mainly attributed to these types of mass-casualty attacks on innocent civilians.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   
www.xinhuanet.com...

Nothing about it on Xinhua, they were my main source for last years attack that Sublime has linked for people.

Suspect nonsense when beforeitsnews is a source.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I linked a global mining site as a source, not beforeitsnews.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Love how it is ok to use the dead to push a pro gun agenda but the other way around is the worst thing you can possibly do.

Thoughts and prayers out to the families of the dead.

Seems you forgot to mention that in your rant.
edit on thWed, 07 Oct 2015 10:30:52 -0500America/Chicago1020155280 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: misskat1

I linked a global mining site as a source, not beforeitsnews.

I'm aware but the point is BIN doesn't usually run with true stories...

So I don't see why this could be any different, yet.

Edit: It's from Sept 18th, maybe that's why it's not on Xinhua or other sources.
edit on 7-10-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Another news source to help us sort out the truth of the story. www.rfa.org...

I dont trust BIN either, and wouldnt link to their site as a true source. But that doesnt mean they dont report true news they just mix in with a lot of BS news. And right now the Gun issue seems like a top priority for the US, so IMO a mass murder by Knife is relevant to the Gun Agenda discussion.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   
it doesnt matter about the culture or motivations.....most ppl for more gun control think guns are the problem and unnecessary in a so called advanced, enlightened western culture. They dont realize desperate people do desperate things.......and a gun only makes it easier to do what they will do anyway...so if we want to go down the road of simply taking things away we will never tackle the real problem.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Yes, its 2 week old news, that the main stream media ignored, and not very many people in the US knows about. The link was sent to me by my son-in-law in Oregon. He felt it was important info to pass around, as our law makers consider the appropriate way to deal with the Gun Ownership issue.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

"the other way around is the worst thing you can possibly do." Care to clarify? I didnt get your meaning.
Also, I tend to pray in private.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Nothing should be banned...

BUT, we should ensure there are no knives over an inch long - this will serve two purposes:

1 - It will be much harder to slash and dash

Deux - Our meat portions will become much smaller, improving the public's health.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   
How is this possible? We've been told over and over that gun control prevents mass killings, and yet this is what, the third or fourth time in recent years somebody in China has knifed dozens of people?

Only people with access to guns are supposed to be able to kill that many people in one go.
edit on 7-10-2015 by Shamrock6 because: Typo

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Let's shed a little more light on this. From op link:

"After overtaking security guards, the attackers killed the workers while they were asleep in bunkhouses at the Sogan colliery in Aksu. Another 50 workers were injured. The suspects are believed to be hiding in a nearby mountain ravine where a manhunt operation is underway"

Now let's see who these attackers really are:

www.wsj.com...

As Muslim Uighurs Flee, China Sees Jihad Risk

As Homeland Grows Violent, Some Uighurs Seek Haven in Turkey

****SNIP****

Most Uighurs are Muslim, speak a Turkic language and consider themselves part of a broad family of ethnic Turks.

Strangers in their own Land

Beijing has branded them part of the "Bin Laden Clique," making human rights monitors worry that China is stepping up repression of its own Muslim minority.

I see Sublimecraft posted before I could research and assimilate my reply. But I'm amazed at the amount of people who won't acknowledge what is going on here. I will leave my post up, in case anyone gives a hoot.
edit on 7-10-2015 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Meaning that when we talk about how maybe we should talk about guns in our nation after a shooting that we are spitting in the faces of the dead for trying to use their deaths to push an agenda. You don't have to pray in the thread but probably would be a good idea to say something about the dead in a thread you are going to make about them.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: misskat1

Yes, its 2 week old news, that the main stream media ignored, and not very many people in the US knows about. The link was sent to me by my son-in-law in Oregon. He felt it was important info to pass around, as our law makers consider the appropriate way to deal with the Gun Ownership issue.

Maybe they just weren't aware of it:

"Information about the attack is being guarded by officials:

“The damage of the attack was very severe—that is why we are controlling [the flow of] information about the incident so strictly, lest we frighten Han migrants in Aksu,” said the cadre, speaking on condition of anonymity."

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   

50?

50?

How is that even humanly possible?None of the fifty fought back?There was only one knife and no other weapons at hand?

p.s.Laser is an acronym-Light Amplification by the Stimulated Emission of Radiation.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

Thanks for pointing out the Muslim part, I was trying to make it not "Islamaphobic" but the Jihadists just wont go away.

It seems when we have a Islam Jihadist thread, the Muslim community on ATS gets put on the offensive and is placed in the position of having to defend Islam, but what I would be really curious to know, is how they feel about the other sects of non-peaceful Muslims? And do they think they will be a target by the Jihadists too?

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Ericthedoubter

They were murdered in their sleep.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join