It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking! 4 Russian warships launch 26 missiles against ISIS from Caspian sea

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: RogueWave

Well that doesn't make sense. And what do you mean deliberate? Why would russia deliberately attack one of its allies?

How do the americans know these missiles crashed in Iran?

If a city was hit, since they have a very specific location geographically, I'd assume the missiles were targeting that city. If it's just a case of the cruise missiles failing, the chances of hitting a city would be quite remote. It all reminds me of the useless SCUD missiles which couldn't hit the broad side of a barn door.

As to why Russia would target Iran, it's known that Iranians are fighting ISIL and that ISIL is also fighting the Assad regime in Syria. Russia is backing Assad and hitting rebel targets was well as ISIL.

How the Americans know the missiles crashed in Iran will require further proof.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: masqua

As to why Russia would target Iran, it's known that Iranians are fighting ISIL and that ISIL is also fighting the Assad regime in Syria. Russia is backing Assad and hitting rebel targets was well as ISIL.

Makes absolutely no sense at all. Russia and Iran are allies and work together regarding the Syria crisis. Again I ask you, why would they target Iran. The above "explanation" doesn't cut it.

How the Americans know the missiles crashed in Iran will require further proof.

The whole story requires proof period.

edit on 8-10-2015 by RogueWave because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: RogueWave
a reply to: spy66

Yes it was... as the leader of Division 30 was present. He never rejected the claim. Neither did the defence secretary Ashton carter. Ashton Carter spoke the exact same Words at this reporter did.

I am not contesting the veracity of the statement, just pointing out the fact that that leader didn't make the statement.

Correct the leader didnt make the statment.... You are correct on that. But according to the interview he was present when the claim was presented.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I say good for Russia, even if Assad cracks the whip once in awhile, he is still better than some extremist running the country. A predictable dictator will always be better than a religious zealot.

edit on 8-10-2015 by ThePerp because: To make it loot better.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Correct the leader didnt make the statment.... You are correct on that. But according to the interview he was present when the claim was presented.

Nice try, but we have no idea when the journalist wrote that introduction, or whether the leader was present when it was written. If at first you don't succeed, fail, fail again.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord

originally posted by: spy66
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

Sounds like you are a bit of a beleiver in God.

But his is just a rumor of war. Jens Stoltenberg said that their wont be a military intervention from NATO.

Yeah I try to believe in god in each and every one of us, thats about it. Its not the bigger the better but the smaller the better past the atoms and micro black hole stuff.

Anyways Nato has Russia surrounded missle shields ready to not attempt to stop the Russians.
All sides have various secret weapons that will eventually be employed in time should lines be stepped, and they will be.
Terrorism is kinda the new covert way to wage war, but thats going to quickly escalate into world war as we can see it already is.

Clinton Blasts China, Russia over Syria

Listen to our world leaders telling us who our enemies are, Russia Iran China North Korea Pakistan etc. . . . There is a bigger list for us but who really cares. So they are basically telling us we need to be ready to see these folks as the enemy and be prepared for war at some point in time which is yet undefined.
As to when the big stuff is going to start dropping out of orbit we just have to wait and see with baited breath.

Hehe... you dont have the Whole Picture do you.... NATO does not have Russia surrounded in the ME by a long shot.

Russia have quite a lot of hardware in the ME appart from the bases in Syria.

- The 6 SU 33s that intercepted the Israeli F15s were not from the bases in Syria. But from the Russian carrier fleet in the ME.

- Russia have a large fleet in the Balck Sea including large air Security by MIGs and SUs.

- Iran are doing air cover over Iraq, that include drones.

- Lebanon/Iran have Hamas active in Syria.

If anyone is surrounded it is Turkey and Syria.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: RogueWave

Makes absolutely no sense at all. Russia and Iran are allies and work together regarding the Syria crisis.

Well, they're allies for the time being anyway. Let's see where they are in a year or two. If the story is true the Iranians might not be so keen on letting Russia have overflight privileges in future.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Isn't "being surrounded" justification for aggression? Russia is "being surrounded" so it is okay to invade Ukraine, Georgia, etc.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThePerp I say good for Russia, even if Assad cracks the whip once in awhile, he is still better than some extremist running the country. A predictable dictator will always be better than a religious zealot.

We don't like our leaders or what our government and country has become. They are wrecking havoc with our rights. They have made a mockery of our elections. They are forcing people to inject unknowns into their bodies under duress and I could go on and on.

Does that mean some well meaning country can come in and bomb the hell out of our country until our government stops, and allow our government to be restored to the will of the people?

I am just wondering how that works.

edit on 8-10-2015 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Clean up.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

Isn't "being surrounded" justification for aggression? Russia is "being surrounded" so it is okay to invade Ukraine, Georgia, etc.

No. I dont think it is okay for Russia to invade Ukraine or Georgia.

Russia are being forced to take action do to national interests.

The US are basing all their arguments for interventions based on US national interests as well.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

The discussion was about Russia supposedly deliberately attacking Iran yesterday. Your reply has no bearing on this.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I'm reminded of a ST: TNG episode in which a Romulan Warbird decloaks on the Federation side of the neutral zone and their commanding officer declares, "Do you understand my meaning, captain? We...are back."

Between this and Ukraine, in my opinion, this is a clear declaration of Russian military resurgence on the world stage. The post Soviet collapse period of the U.S. essentially acting with impunity and beating every other world power to the punch strategically would seem to be well past its zenith. With the last of that period having been arguably squandered in Iraq.

(As always, I feel the need to reiterate that I don't see either side as the good guys or the bad side in this equation. I view both as exploiting the region through proxy warfare, in different ways, for different agendas. Neither has purely altruistic intentions or the sole goal of "fighting ISIS" in my view. This is as always only my personal opinion and read of the dynamics at play, not a factual assertion.)

Peace.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Be patient folks.

Iranian youth will give us all the info we require soon enough. They don't care about geopolitical BS, and think bypassing Iranian censorship is funny.

If Russian missiles have hit Iran, they will spread the word...and pictures.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I came into this thread late, but INDIGO is right on the money!! You cannot trust Putin XKGB Mercenary and sociopath is a compliment! I would go for psychopath!! Well said and very accurate assessment for the undercurrent of Putin's motivations!

He is a propaganda machine! Why all of sudden does he start bragging about how many IS they have killed in just a few days?
The U.S. has been there for over a year and they couldn't do it! Because it is all part of his game! Paint the U.S. as weak!
Set them up to make it look like the U.S. military is incompetent! This will show the leaders in other MID EAST countries that the U.S. is not capable of protecting their interests!! The relationships that we need will begin to falter...The leaders of the countries that previously enjoyed a stable relationship with the U.S. will turn to Russia....Putin is banking on this....

I guarantee you Russia did not hit IS Putin has targeted anyone and everyone that opposes Assad! That means the U.S., the U.K. amd all the coalition there..and of course the Syrian Rebels.....This is going to escalate and come down to who will call Putins bluff and put him in his place!! it sure as hell won't be the wet noodle Obama!! So what next!

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: paxnatus

I assume If russia, keeps violating Turkey air space their will be a big build up of NATO, armed forces next...

If anything happens to ISRAEL, a plane shot down cruise missile hitting it etc. ISRAEL WILL GOTO WAR...

Same for TURKEY, if a cruise missile accidentally hits TURKEY, you bet your ass NATO, will come to life...

Any NATO nations or Israeli civilians get hurt it will change everything...

As far as RUSSIA, winning over the Saudi's or the ISRAELI's that is not going to happen.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent76

Are you saying that this is all staging? That Putin is taking advantage of a financially weak and demoralized America, to make us look incompetent? That this will place Russia as the new leader of the ???? The what? It sure isn't the "free" world any more, so what will Putin be the leader of?

I am not falling for the we will look weak if we don't go to war with Russia. Everything we have touched in the ME has gone to hell in a hand-basket. From stealing land from the Palestinians and giving it to a group of refugees as their homeland, to every war that has been fought in that area. Always to our benefit.

No wonder people think of us as the spawn of Satan. I guess what goes around comes around.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I think you replied to the wrong person...

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent76
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn I think you replied to the wrong person...

You are quite correct.

I was supposed to be replying to @paxnatus.

I really hate my cheap Android tablet. It does not work well with ATS. If it isn't double posting, it is over auto correcting. I should wait to post, but sometimes it isn't possible.

Thanks for the correction.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: lamplighters
another month of Russian strikes and Isis will well and truly be history, anyone else sense that?

You Russia fan boys have no clue what Russia is actually hitting and what the battle damage assessments are and you think he just about has it wrapped up lol.

The West, which has launched more than 7,000 airstrikes against the Islamic State in the past year, has bristled at Moscow’s military build­up in Syria.

www.washingtonpost.com... 53871_story.html

If they do fall its because they have been bombed so much already lol.

Russia has deployed surface-to-air missiles, fighter jets and radar-jamming equipment that officials say is meant to interfere with Western forces.

www.washingtonpost.com... 53871_story.html

Because very soon Putin will demand the U.S. and its allies cease bombing anything in Syria.

Putin bombs a few ISIS targets so he can bomb the crap out of the Free Syria Rebels who are fighting Assad's forces. If he wasn't bombing any ISIS targets he would have no excuse to be there. Not a decent one anyway.

I am waiting to see if the UN actually calls out Russia for bombing civilians cause if Israel was bombing anything you know they would be up in arms right now calling for war crimes.

You can bet there are a whole lot going on right now with Russia bombing and Spetsnaz running around. Don't get me wrong, he can kill all the terrorist and I will support him but he needs to be very careful about not blowing up innocent people and actually protect the Christians living in the western areas.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent76

Yes, you are 100 percent right about that. Putin will never go after ISIS full on because he knows Turkey would go nuts. Turkey funds and supports them behind everyone's back. The people in Turkey need to get rid of that scumbag Islamic leadership they have now. He called for an Islamic Caliphate to invade and destroy Israel back in May. Got absolutely ZERO news coverage in the west, imagine that.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join