It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking! 4 Russian warships launch 26 missiles against ISIS from Caspian sea

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: spy66

To be fair, you said that the leader made the claim that moderate rebels were supportive of Assad.

It doesn't change your point though.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

Of course we could do the same thing by cooperation and global disarmament but I dont think it will ever happen until we get that special worldwide event to shock the hell out of everyone and call for global peace and prosperity.

So since this isn't happening fast enough for them, they have decided to create one.

Thank you for your response. I can see where they may just be delusional enough to believe they can bring peace and harmony through killing and destruction. I would think they would use their own vindictive history to know that killing breeds killing and hate breeds hate.

Even in situations like the Hatfields against the McCoys and Montagues against Capulets, it was love that brought an end to the warring of families. Okay, I know none of them ever end as planned, or as the story tells but, the battles did stop.

I don't have a fail-safe answer for how to stop the madness, but it has to start with ending the killing and destruction. We have seen throughout all of time, it has never worked; yet we continue breeding hate and a lust for revenge.

It is time we tried something different.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: RogueWave

To be fair, you said that the leader made the claim that moderate rebels were supportive of Assad.

It doesn't change your point though.

>Well the leader of division 30 or the so called 54 stated this him self so no, it doesnt change anything.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
An interesting development:

Washington (CNN)A number of cruise missiles launched from a Russian ship and aimed at targets in Syria have crashed in Iran, two U.S. officials told CNN Thursday.

Monitoring by U.S. military and intelligence assets has concluded that at least four missiles crashed as they flew over Iran. One official said there may be casualties, but another official said this is not yet known.

edition.cnn.com...

Since when is this a good thing?

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: masqua
An interesting development:

Washington (CNN)A number of cruise missiles launched from a Russian ship and aimed at targets in Syria have crashed in Iran, two U.S. officials told CNN Thursday.

Monitoring by U.S. military and intelligence assets has concluded that at least four missiles crashed as they flew over Iran. One official said there may be casualties, but another official said this is not yet known.

edition.cnn.com...

How can they say this and at the same time state that it is not known where they crashed?

Sort of dont add up does it....

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Well... it IS a developing story, but they are a new type of Russian cruise missile as well. We'll see the evidence as it surely will come from Iran (if it happened).

right?

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: masqua

When did anyone have the chance to say that this breaking news, is a good thing?

It's unclear where in Iran the missiles landed.

One official said there may be casualties,

Sounds like a lot of speculation.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   

No, the journalist made the claim.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: masqua

Well... it IS a developing story, but they are a new type of Russian cruise missile as well. We'll see the evidence as it surely will come from Iran (if it happened).

right?

New or not doesnt matter. If the US defence secretary Ashton Carter state that a number of cuise missiles crashed in Iran. They would know where, since they state that their sats observed this.... wouldent you think?

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: RogueWave

The proof, as they say, will be in the pudding and that pudding could be either in an unpopulated area or a city. If it's an unpopulated area, I'd guess that it was a malfunction in those two cruise missiles, but, if in a city, then I'd say it was deliberate.

IF those cruise missiles crashed in Iran. Like I said, I'm sure Iran will be quick to complain.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   

a reply to: Indigo5

I wouldn't say that...Judging by the posts I would afford a large number of the Putin heart-throb crowd here are susceptible to the Russian propaganda out of ignorance of geopolitics, history, geography etc. I have seen some crazy ignorant things said on this thread that make me believe a lot of folks here could not find Syria on a map if their life depended on it.

I see, so the people starring and flagging are not Russian trolls from the "Russian Troll Army", but they are Idiots....

You both weren't able to come up with a counter argument that didn't involve insulting a large group of ATS members.

I am sure that this doesn't hurt your credibility, at all......

Counter argument to what?

And no...I don't assign credibility based on flags or stars...Obama born in Kenya might hold the record for flags and stars on ATS and Putin as the hero of the middle-east is very near equal on the BS meter.

Lets talk truth...

Putin’s military intervention in Syria is..

(a) to defend the Bashar Assad regime, which BTW the US has declared a state sponsor of terrorism since 1979.

(b) Is in partnership with Iran’s extremist wing of government.

(c) isn’t aimed at defeating ISIS, but rather to grow Russia's influence and control over Syria...Crimea v.2

(d) They are not hitting ISIS, they are hitting US-Backed rebel forces..When asked WTF, the Kremlin spokesman responded..."“Is there a Free Syrian Army? Does it still exist? Have not the majority of its fighters switched sides and joined ISIL?” he said when asked whether Russia considers the Free Syrian Army a terrorist group."
www.washingtonpost.com... bdb6-6861f4521205_story.html

Get that?...so no, they are not targeting ISIS...they are targeting everyone.

What is going on in the Russian Homeland??

Putin’s Economy May Be in Even Worse Shape Than It Looks
www.thefiscaltimes.com...

In the past 12 months the Russian Rubel has gone from 30 Rubels=1 US Dollar to double ... 60 to 70 Rubels=1 Us Dollar.
www.xe.com...

The Russian people have been stockpiling electronics in hope of fighting off inflation, but they are screwed.

This is Putin's last play...Old world imperialism...He is going to trade sanctions and isolation for expansion through war.

The difference this time around is that the world governments will punish Russia more severely (sanctions) and he will get fewer new territories as the UN, Europe and US are less willing to cede territories.

You can celebrate Iran's best friend and an x-KGB leaders sociopathic whims as he tries to keep power and declare propaganda as true...

But don't expect those who follow these things closely to stop pointing out the obvious propaganda and BS.

And just to show I have no hard feelings, here is pic for all the doey-eyed Putin admirers to paste on their bedroom wall.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   

No, the journalist made the claim.

The claim is alined With what Defence secretary Ashton Carter stated in the hearing. The statement is also provided by the leader of Division 30. He explains his Version of what happened after they were sendt to Syria.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: masqua

The proof, as they say, will be in the pudding and that pudding could be either in an unpopulated area or a city. If it's an unpopulated area, I'd guess that it was a malfunction in those two cruise missiles, but, if in a city, then I'd say it was deliberate.

Well that doesn't make sense. And what do you mean deliberate? Why would russia deliberately attack one of its allies?

How do the americans know these missiles crashed in Iran?

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Of course we could do the same thing by cooperation and global disarmament but I dont think it will ever happen until we get that special worldwide event to shock the hell out of everyone and call for global peace and prosperity.

So since this isn't happening fast enough for them, they have decided to create one.

Thank you for your response. I can see where they may just be delusional enough to believe they can bring peace and harmony through killing and destruction. I would think they would use their own vindictive history to know that killing breeds killing and hate breeds hate.

Even in situations like the Hatfields against the McCoys and Montagues against Capulets, it was love that brought an end to the warring of families. Okay, I know none of them ever end as planned, or as the story tells but, the battles did stop.

I don't have a fail-safe answer for how to stop the madness, but it has to start with ending the killing and destruction. We have seen throughout all of time, it has never worked; yet we continue breeding hate and a lust for revenge.

It is time we tried something different.

Believe me when I say this, even if I dont want to believe it myself, "THINGS WILL GET MUCH WORSE BEFORE THEY WILL GET BETTER FOR HUMANITY."

But I am positive things will eventually get better after the death thralls of our governments. Like you I dont see why the bad things need to happen before the good things, but there seems to be some sort of path we are on for the better in the long run I guess.

An example of this is materialism which is something that divides mankind, only through WW3 can we truly abandon the idea of materialism, for there will be no more buying and selling, just surviving or not surviving. We have to pick up the pieces of what will be left behind after we shake up the world in a fearful fission which unites the human spirit in cooperation.

This is why we have underground and off world stuff for continuity of humanity after we blow everyone up. True we didnt have to blow everyone up but people would refuse to give up thier self destructive paths without some scary boogey man to get people to do the right thing.

Look at all the people ready to hate and destroy thier fellow people through racism, division, guns, nukes, top secret weapons. We have to lose all this crapola before we can move foward as a people. I get the sinking feeling we will keep on incarnating on earth until we get it right.
edit on 8-10-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
FYI :
Someone created a dedicated thread for this Iranian missile story :

Russian cruise missiles intended for targets in Syria hit Iran instead

No news so far from the Iranian newspapers.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Sounds like you are a bit of a beleiver in God.

But his is just a rumor of war. Jens Stoltenberg said that their wont be a military intervention from NATO.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Buddy, the claim was made in the intro, by Jenan Moussa, the journalist. It doesn't appear in the actual interview.

This difficulty was also due to the fact that most “moderate” Syrians actually supported the president.

www.informationclearinghouse.info...

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Buddy, the claim was made in the intro, by Jenan Moussa, the journalist. It doesn't appear in the actual interview.

This difficulty was also due to the fact that most “moderate” Syrians actually supported the president.

www.informationclearinghouse.info...

Yes it was... as the leader of Division 30 was present. He never rejected the claim. Neither did the defence secretary Ashton carter. Ashton Carter spoke the exact same Words at this reporter did. Accept that Ashton Carter did not mention who the morerate rebels were.
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Yes it was... as the leader of Division 30 was present. He never rejected the claim. Neither did the defence secretary Ashton carter. Ashton Carter spoke the exact same Words at this reporter did.

I am not contesting the veracity of the statement, just pointing out the fact that that leader didn't make the statement.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: spy66

Sounds like you are a bit of a beleiver in God.

But his is just a rumor of war. Jens Stoltenberg said that their wont be a military intervention from NATO.

Yeah I try to believe in god in each and every one of us, thats about it. Its not the bigger the better but the smaller the better past the atoms and micro black hole stuff.

Anyways Nato has Russia surrounded missle shields ready to not attempt to stop the Russians.
All sides have various secret weapons that will eventually be employed in time should lines be stepped, and they will be.
Terrorism is kinda the new covert way to wage war, but thats going to quickly escalate into world war as we can see it already is.

Clinton Blasts China, Russia over Syria

Listen to our world leaders telling us who our enemies are, Russia Iran China North Korea Pakistan etc. . . . There is a bigger list for us but who really cares. So they are basically telling us we need to be ready to see these folks as the enemy and be prepared for war at some point in time which is yet undefined.
As to when the big stuff is going to start dropping out of orbit we just have to wait and see with baited breath.
edit on 8-10-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join