It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'No opposition ready to lead Syria now' – US Intel ex-Chief

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Interesting viewpoint from a former US intel chief.

It seems difficult for him to say, but he admits that he is not opposed to what Russia is doing. He even admits that maybe Russia knows who the 'moderate enemies' are and they might not be so moderate after all. He also says what many of us are thinking - Russia and USA need to work together.

Obama, are you listening yet?

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

ISIS or ISIL or IS... Whoever they are today... Need to go!

IMO... It's a race between Russia and the US (And allies) to who gets rid of them first, because the winner will be able to directly influence what happens to Syria AFTER they are gone.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 04:55 AM
link   
loll as an US PUPPET GOV. will solve the problems...

look at lybia /irak/Algeria/oekraine ect ect..... USA policy stands for chaos /violence /terror

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 04:59 AM
link   
a reply to: ressiv

You gotta love democracy.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 05:01 AM
link   
a reply to: brace22

Yeah, whenever a superpower gets involved, there will be geopolitical ulterior motives.

Russia has a navy base in Latakia - Putin wants to keep that. The US want Russia out of there and Assad gone.

But both sides have indicated that they are open to Assad being made gone after the war is over.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 05:09 AM
link   
yes especcily when the word is written with blood.....en a reply to: brace22

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Russia rules...they comply to inernational law's... helping there partner is legal...!
the west can do nothing else than back up and likking there wounds....a reply to: markosity1973

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: ressiv

Yes, as a citizen of the west (Not USA) I find it surprising that Russia is making the most sense right now. It is an eye opener to many of us just how morally bankrupt the USA has become in it's foreign policies.

These are every day people's lives that are being meddled with.
edit on 7-10-2015 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 05:34 AM
link   
agree.... if one power can re-stabelise syria..my odd's are to Russia...
the west has proven they failed on all fronts... reply to: markosity1973

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Very good point. S&F.

Is there a political representative of some sort ?
Someone who could 'incarnate' this democratic transition ?
Who is in charge among those guys but yet another set of local hardcore Sunni/Wahhabi imams giving their orders through their Friday speeches ?

How original.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   

This is exactly the point Putin made and clearly is right about. Assad must stay on for a while because its the only working government that can be had until the Syrians return and sort out their own country again - probably with a lot of aid with which to rebuild their shattered infrastructure.

Sadly I bet certain Western companies are rubbing their hands in glee if this gets recognised and Syria gets some form of normality back again.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

Yes, Putin has the best idea of what is going on there. He always has because the Russian govt has been in dialogue with the Syrian one from the beginning. Something that the USA did and still refuses to do.

The main point I am raising in this thread is that even people in the USA who have (or had in the case of the man in the interview) access to top level intel admit that Putin is right.

So why isn't America seeing the light and calling up Russia to say, let's work together on this and yes, we'll support the Assad govt for now to restore peace?

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I think there was a near run-in in the skies today (Russian/US aircraft). So now our planes have been ordered, if they see a Russian aircraft (within such and such a distance) they are to leave the area.

This is reportedly because our military doesn't trust Russia not to have an "accident". This was on TV, if anybody wants more details I'll go see if I can find something. Apparently today they were both going after the same target.

Ahem.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
I think there was a near run-in in the skies today (Russian/US aircraft). So now our planes have been ordered, if they see a Russian aircraft (within such and such a distance) they are to leave the area.

This is reportedly because our military doesn't trust Russia not to have an "accident". This was on TV, if anybody wants more details I'll go see if I can find something. Apparently today they were both going after the same target.

Ahem.

Well that is something I guess. The worst thing that could happen is that Russian plane downs an American one or vice versa. Both leaders are saying that they do not want to actually attack one another, but this is a combat situation and people do get trigger happy.

Now that Hezbollah and Iran are entering Syria on the ground, the scary thought is that they might have surface to air missiles capable of downing US jets. Things could turn very nasty that way. I might be highly critical of the USA's actions so far, but I have no desire to see them being targeted and shot down either because it really will lead to WW3 then.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   
The saddest thing is, if there is no one to take over once they do in Assad, what are they doing trying for a regime change in the first place?

Haven't they learned from the examples they created before that just taking the leadership out and hoping for the best hasn't really worked out too well?

Or maybe that's what they were planning?

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: theultimatebelgianjoke

Putin will degrade them to the point they will beg to be at the negotiating table,thats what I glean out of the Russian press.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Yes, I feel exactly the same way. I hope the Russians want to avoid a clash with Allies as much as we do them.

U.S. jet has close call with Russian fighter over Syria

Washington (CNN)—The U.S. military has had to divert two aircraft over Syria to ensure they could maintain a safe flying distance from a Russian fighter aircraft in the same area, according to Captain Jeff Davis, Pentagon spokesman.

It was the first time the U.S. needed to do so since Russia began military operations in Syria at the end of last month.

The two planes were F-16s that had departed from Turkey's Incirlik air base and were on their way to a location near the ISIS stronghold of Raqqa, , a senior defense official told CNN. The U.S. aircraft that diverted were not able to complete their mission.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: gspat
The saddest thing is, if there is no one to take over once they do in Assad, what are they doing trying for a regime change in the first place?

Haven't they learned from the examples they created before that just taking the leadership out and hoping for the best hasn't really worked out too well?

Or maybe that's what they were planning?

No. They haven't learned that at all, and putting someone they choose in his place is precisely what they are planning to do.

Um, what's the definition of 'stupid' again?
edit on 10/7/2015 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Obama can’t do nothing the neoliberals…neocons won’t like it.

Obama can’t go against those powerful interests and he won’t

Obama doesn’t have the courage to do that

He’s following a script

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Just a pointer to someone here with half a clue or more head to www.wikiarmy.com today VeteransToday.com Senior Editor claims the head of ISIS is General Paul E Vallely Ret of NSA and US psychological warfare school fame

top topics

<<   2 >>

join