It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ufo depictions throughout history

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 04:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Telepathy3
a reply to: uncommitted

No, I've said several times in this post already that the ufo depiction of what they called a "flaming shield" IS an eye witness depiction of an object that was sighted over a battle field and isn't biblical or symbolic imagery

Yeah you've said that a few times, and sorry but you are mistaken because there are no legitimate accounts for this 'story'. So stop telling everyone they are wrong.

Until ufologists and ancient astronaut writers find legitimate historical accounts that back up the alleged UFO incidents of Alexander the Great, the story should not be repeated as factual.

www....(nolink)/deconstructing-the-alexander-the-great-ufo-story/13677
edit on 7-10-2015 by Iamnotadoctor because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 04:44 AM
link   

No, I've said several times in this post already that the ufo depiction of what they called a "flaming shield" IS an eye witness depiction of an object that was sighted over a battle field and isn't biblical or symbolic imagery

It's not eye witness as the artist wasn't there. That's what eye witness means. You could look at the Bayeaux Tapestry and call Halley's comet a depiction of a flaming shield - why not, it's very similar - thing is we know it's a comet.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 04:50 AM
link   

I imagine that even in the world today, an eye-witness would still fathom up some flying object to a scene of a granny crossing the road!

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 04:56 AM
link   
yall say what you will but I agree that these are sightings of UFO's. And how can anyone argue that the Egyptian hieroglyph is not a helicopter??

I think more than anything some parts of the Bible prove the influence of otherworldy beings whether they are angels, aliens or something else entirely.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 05:02 AM
link   

You say the eye witness wasn't there, an object was seen in the sky just as several other sightings of actually crafts a couple hundred years ago

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 05:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: brace22

I imagine that even in the world today, an eye-witness would still fathom up some flying object to a scene of a granny crossing the road!

I'm sure definitely in the world today people will see a very vague flashing light in the sky and be absolutely convinced it's another scouting ship from Zeta Reticuli - they will then write a book on it, possibly appear on network TV news, dozens if not hundreds of people will take it at face value and start setting dates for when our parents from the stars are coming to save us.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Or crafts sighted in the eighteen hundreds

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 06:00 AM
link   
In my opinion, and just in reference to Christian texts, the book of Ezekiel and Book of Enoch are clearly commentaries on interactions between humans and entities from skywards.

Matthäus Merian engraving of Ezekiels vision (1670).......

Raphaels painting of Ezekiels vision (1518)....

Luthers crude painting of Ezekiels vision (ca. 1520).....

Pieter Bruegel I - The Fall of the Rebel Angels - 1562........

(Zampieri Domenico) - Mary Magdalene taken up to Heaven - (1581-1641)

Not to mention the numerous mentions of flying machines (Vimanas) in the Mahabharata (India)

India, according to Dr. V. Raghavan, retired head of the Sanskrit department of India's prestigious University of Madras, was alone in playing host to extraterrestrials in prehistory. Dr. Raghavan contends that centuries-old documents in Sanskrit (the classical language of India and Hinduism) prove that aliens from outer space visited his nation.
"Fifty years of researching this ancient works convinces me that there are livings beings on other planets, and that they visited earth as far back as 4,000 B.C.", the scholar says. "There is a just a mass of fascinating information about flying machines, even fantastic science fiction weapons, that can be found in translations of the Vedas (scriptures), Indian epics, and other ancient Sanskrit text"

tirtomurni.blogspot.com.au...

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Exactly. One thing to be remembered is that humans in that time personified everything to help them make more sense of things. Was she really taken to heaven by cherubs? OR were these UAV's utilizing levitation to drag her into a portal in the sky??

Also the MahaBharata not only describes flying machines, but also describes nuclear warfare in detail down to the erasure of entire cities, instant vaporizing of flesh into ashes and radiation sickness that would accompany such events.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 06:11 AM
link   

There is a school in the North Of Scotland that trains wizards it must be true there are a few books and films that mention it!

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Or crafts sighted in the eighteen hundreds

If you mean an anecdotal sighting of something someone couldn't explain, then yes. If you mean a craft under intelligent control, then no, that is an assumption made from an anecdote.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

C'mon, you can do better than that disappointing (albeit predictable) retort!

edit on 7-10-2015 by Sublimecraft because:

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: cuckooold

A quote from the thread you posted, by a moderator here on ATS:

As for as the OP is concerned, I can see what you're trying to "debunk". However, there were still physical flying craft in the bible in the form of clouds, chariots, furnaces, pillars, platforms, vessles, rolls.

In John 18:36, Jesus himself said:

"My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jews. But my kingdom is from another place."

Where and what other place could Jesus' kingdom possibly be? Christians will say "heaven" (the sky), but what's in the heavens/sky? Other stars and other.......planets.

If you take the bible literally without any thought, then you believe in giant flying rolls, flying pillars, flying furnaces, and flying chariots.

We know none of those things fly. But we do know that spacecraft fly. That's how the gods and angels ascended and descended from the heavens (sky).

For instance, in Exodus when "god" descends from the sky and lands, there was great smoke and fire associated with his landing, and the ground quaked.

And then in Exodus 19:12, "god" told Moses:

And thou shalt set bounds unto the people round about, saying, "Take heed to yourselves, that ye go not up into the mount, or touch the border of it: whosoever toucheth the mount shall be surely put to death."

Other bibles have removed "mount" and replaced it with "mountain". How do you go into a mountain? Normally, we go onto mountains. How do you make a perimeter or border around a mountain? What part of the dirt or grass does a mountain end and begin? Why would "god" kill people for touching the border or edge of a mountain?

Because that's not how the bible was supposed to be interpreted. The King James bible uses the word "mount" for a reason. A mount is "a means of conveyance" (transportation). In this case, "god" descended from the sky in his mount, told Moses to make a perimeter around the mount, and anyone that touched the mount would die, which is exactly what the King James version says.

A more literal translation would be that "god" descended from the sky in his spacecraft, told Moses to make a perimeter around the spacecraft and to not let anyone touch the spacecraft or they would die, probably from radiation or heat related to the propulsion of the spacecraft.

Just as our space shuttle emits smoke and fire, and also makes the ground quake when it lifts off. Furthermore, you also cannot walk up to the space shuttle when it's sitting on the launch pad and touch it because you would also likely be killed from the heat of what's being burned:

In the Book of Enoch, Enoch was taken into a chariot (spacecraft) by angels, flown around the world, and then taken up into space. He was shown the moon, sun, stars, orbits of each. The seasons, number of days in a month/year, etc. I guess it all could've been a hologram or on a display panel inside a ship, but Enoch explicitly states he was able to view the orbits of the earth, moon, etc. from far above the earth.

"God", Jesus, and the angels, were all physical beings who flew in physical craft, and likely from another world like Jesus himself has all but admitted.

I think Bonez said it well enough.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: skyblueworld
That picture has been debunked also. It is a rock.

edit on 7-10-2015 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

C'mon, you can do better than that disappointing (albeit predictable) retort!

edit on 7-10-2015 by Sublimecraft because:

A story is a story is a story as they say, prove those accounts are 100% correct we can't no one can, it's sort of a last resort in the search for proof looking back on something that can't be confirmed.

I do believe that something has to be out there but is it close enough to visit or have visited here that I have not seen 100% convincing proof of that yet, that's why I joined to see possible proof if I see it I will back it.

Look at some of the links posted showing the FRAUDULANT means employed by people on the net to back some of the items brought up in the OP.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: skyblueworld

How do you go into a mountain? Via a cave?

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
That would be all well and good, except that it was a vision. The church separates between the visions of spirit and the visions of body:
Canon Episcopi

It's funny but when religious people have visions, everyone says they're crazy, unless it supports their own beliefs on aliens.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   

That wouldn't account for something sitting in the sky for extended periods of time, or any of the other ufo sighting less then a few hundred years ago before we had aircrafts. HUman imagination has nothing to do with real and actual sightings of objects in the sky

There were things in the sky before aircraft. Comets, meteors... People tend to anthropomorphize what they don't understand. People also have dreams and visions. Not sure how you detangle artwork like this and determine what is real and what is imagination. Its interesting speculation. Not much more.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Seeing as how we tend to read the same stuff, you have read about Pihillip K Dick's pink laser experience in 1973, right? The one he based VALIS on and obsessed over until his death from a brain tumor in the 1980's (adding a "he was knucking futz" twist... which is par for the course with this type of phenomena)?

Also, RAW had something similar happen to him, also in 1973, but involving 3 eyed "aliens"... but pink lasers factored in all of them... heh...

Now, I'm tending to think astr0's claims, here, might well be truthful (due to the linking evidence, surprising validations, and other folks standing by their testimony that it was legit... all singular as far as far fetched UFO explanations on the internet), but that doesn't answer it all and there is room for other intelligence to play with us pitiful, beautiful mutant ape-humans ... be it human scientists with relearned science OR alien mystics on exotic drugs... whatever, either way it's weird and I believe you (or don't discount your experience offhandedly, that is).

Did the pink light ...er.. .say anything? I know you said it wasn't godlike, but anything at all? (Excuse me if I missed your further explanations... I've read some of your posts about it and am curious... like, duh).

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ZetaRediculian

We are all "interesting speculation" and not much more...

well, I should just speak for myself.

But I've experienced a bland sampling of paranormal phenomena ... stuff where others who weren't as crazed as I also experienced it, so there is some reality to all this... at least I think so...

but I frequently amuse myself by supposing, "what if all the weird folklore from history made a comeback now?"... the magic coming back, so-to-speak, with angels flying around, shape-shifting social outcasts, little people and shadowy critters dragging off screaming peasants.. .that sort of thing.

But all we get is "slenderman" and crap like that... I feel scammed outta my holistic human experience.

But it's likely because consensus reality IS malleable, and our growing rationality counters the spirits and demi gods clamoring for attention and thus life... an old concept, but lacking a better model for oddness, a possible one.

Meh, maybe we just used up all the mana.. .like we are with oil, now... we are terrible with our resources after all.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join