It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

photos from Tikaboo Peak October 2015 (new new hangar)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: EBJet

Isn't that because the interesting things at RCS ranges don't have engines and wheels? I always thought an aircraft scoot-and-hid into a hangar, rather than the hangar scooting-and-hiding the aircraft!

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: gfad
The proximity to the runway as well as the "drive thru" feature, give the ability to move aircraft in and out quickly for minimal exposure.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: EBJet
A scoot and hide hangar has rollers and tracks which allows the hangar to move. They're commonly used at RCS facilities

Any RCS in particular? This should be viewable on Google Earth.

If there was such a moving shelter, it would have to approach from the side. You wouldn't want it to add to the reflected clutter.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Sorry maybe I didnt explain myself completely, because that explanation fits what I call a scoot-and-hide as well. I always thought a scoot-and-hide hangar meant, essentially, a shelter that you can drive in one side and out the other to either hide from satellite platforms above, or just from prying eyes whilst you went through last minute ore-flight checks. I haven't heard of a moving rolling hangar, but its possible I just never twigged and always imagined the wrong thing!

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: gfad

I haven't heard of a moving rolling hangar

Side note: There has been a couple examples of something similar to a moving hangar, more of a shelter than a full on hangar though. There was one at McDonnell Douglas' RCS range at Gray Butte in Mojve, CA. When the facility was closed it was moved to the RATSCAT range at White Sands, NM. They roll a large shelter over the pylon and test article until they are ready to microwave it. You can see it in google earth at White Sands (32.897834° -106.354986°), and a quick google image search for Gray Butte RCS will pull up images of it before it was moved.
Photo of it at Gray Butte by Tom Mahood.

There was also one at Boeing's Boardman RCS range in Oregon, but was removed sometime between 2006 and 2011 (according to google earth images).
edit on 12/15/2015 by DesertWatchdog because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: FosterVS

originally posted by: gariac
a reply to: weavty1

They turned on the lights at night and we could see the lit areas of the windows. I don't think louvers would leak much light. If the base were to do it to "code", there would be a mesh to block RF leakage from the vent, plus a metal panel some distance away from the vent but essentially covering it to block sound.

Very nice! I expect these to be splashed all over soon by... that Janet dude.

Maybe they aren't quite finished on the windows/vents. Louvers and fans to install. And a berm wouldn't be surprising either?

I was just looking at a Area 51 site / Dreamland (hint) a Janet dude had a post about the new hanger interesting

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: unclewall
I was just looking at a Area 51 site / Dreamland (hint) a Janet dude had a post about the new hanger interesting

Nice. Pictures he didn't steal. Just took them off the TerraServer website. See page 2 of this thread.

edit on 19-12-2015 by FosterVS because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: FosterVS

I wonder were he got the idea to look there

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   
May be it can house the LRS-B for flight testing.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   
This looks like an alert hangar to me. A hangar for something like a RTFNow recon craft (go read the green lady thread) to sit fueled up and ready to go for X amount of time. You'd want to keep it separated from the rest of the base especially if it used extra flammable/unstable fuel. Also for classification purposes.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 04:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Northernhollow

This has always been my preferred theory. From what I understand, there are often more than one test articles at Groom and when one is out in the open everyone else has to head inside. Obviously if they were operating a highly classified Green-Lady-type aircraft from Groom, having the few kilometer separation between the main base and its hangar would be ideal. And easy access to the runway too!

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Could also be for the rumored hypersonic bomber. Notice the close proximity to the weapons storage area.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 06:58 AM
link   

I don't think that something hypersonic is still under development there.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Maybe it's for the P-791 airship. Maybe something similar.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: TamtammyMacx
No interest about it to build a hangar in Area 51 for that

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Or simply for the LRS-B don't you think ? if near of the weapon storage.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   
While a Lockheed brat, I heard that any vehicles using the roads to other covert areas of Groom had to have transponders to prevent the mines from going off. Makes sense that a bus would have two of them, either for redundancy, or because of the length of the vehicle (assuming that is what these are).

I don't think that something hypersonic is still under development there.

Why not? Still a secret facility, and obviously still used and useful, or they wouldn't keep expanding and updating it.
edit on 12-1-2016 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join