It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House: ObamaCare Can Help Stop Gun Violence.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   
October 6, 2015

Today, the White House stated that ObamaCare's Medicaid Expansion would reduce Gun Violence, thereby saving even more lives, if politicians would stop fighting the law.

Ref: thehill.com...

The President is assuming that if there was no cost to get your head examined, more people would go to find out if they're suffering from mental illness, and hopefully, get treatment. When you're on Medicaid, mental health preventive services are free of charge.

President Obama's home state of Illinois expanded Medicaid on 1.1.2014. Any resident who earns less than $17,000 a year can enroll and not pay a dime. As everyone who reads this forum knows, the gun-violence rate in Chicago increased in 2014, and is even higher in 2015. ObamaCare expanded... Violence increased. IMO, the people we elected to run our nation really don't have a clue how the REAL world operates.

-CareWeMust

edit on 10/6/2015 by carewemust because: typo

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Best post I have read in some time now. Gave me a big belly jiggle laugh. What politicians believe scares me though.

edit on 6-10-2015 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

correct me if I am wrong, but aren't most of these mass murders being done by people who are on psychiatric drugs??
I even read that this latest one was on something. for some reason, I think that reducing the amount of these drugs that are given out just might do more good than increasing that amount would!!!!

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   
This premise .... seems unlikely. Calling it a stretch in logic would be an understatement I think.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

You make a point, because ObamaCare Medicaid encourages (read: pays) physicians to treat mental illnesses. The easiest "treatment" for mental conditions is with strong drugs...also known as "medications".

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   
But Oregon and California have expanded medical programs.

How come they missed Chris Harper Mercer?

Oh wait. He *WAS* getting medicated.

Oregon: Another Mass Shooting, Another Psychiatric Drug? 35 School Shootings/Mass Stabbings Tied to Psychiatric Drugs

edit on Oct-06-2015 by xuenchen because:

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog
I know , I am replying to myself. On second thought , do they actually believe this type of "stuff" ? Or are they just trying to get us to believe it even though they know its HLBS ?

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

President Obama assumes that people who have mental illness are begging on the inside for help. They just don't want to pay for it. Perhaps the gang members in Chicago and the Oregon killer didn't get the memo that's help is FREE now!

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
a reply to: Gothmog
I know , I am replying to myself. On second thought , do they actually believe this type of "stuff" ? Or are they just trying to get us to believe it even though they know its HLBS ?

They don't believe it, but they are politicians. They just have to convince enough supporters and swing people it's the truth to help the poll numbers on the topic to then use those poll numbers as a mandate to push the program as he wants. All politicians do it. Of course he is a liar, just like his predecessors.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Reallyfolks
Ahh , politics and politicians. I am not a politician. But neither am I a veterinarian but I know BS when I smell it.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I heard that Obamacare can give us unicorns, too.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Talk about utter nonsense.

No matter what the administration looks to blow money.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Garbage, and they know it. It's just another way to promote and gather a few "asleep at the wheel" followers.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: carewemust

correct me if I am wrong, but aren't most of these mass murders being done by people who are on psychiatric drugs??
I even read that this latest one was on something. for some reason, I think that reducing the amount of these drugs that are given out just might do more good than increasing that amount would!!!!

Your response brings up a very, very valid point--the conspiracy theorist in me might say something like, "Maybe the government wants people on these drugs in order to commit these atrocities in order to push a political agenda."

But our government would neeever do anything like that...

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

na, that's utter crazy talk!!! either they are some of the stupidest people in the world, or they are up to something, wouldn't venture a guess as to what, it just might be padding the pockets of their buddies in the parma industries regardless of what it costs the people. but it doesn't take someone with a phd to see the connection to these drugs and the mass shootings or to realize that chemically rewiring and reprogramming the brian might lead to some nasty unexpected results. maybe they are just using a portion of the population for some kind of medical experiment in hopes of coming up with the perfect mindless zombie who will be work for a dollar a day making their crap and never complain that they are hungry, or cold, or whatever else.

don't know, but I tried their antidepressants once, and well, I can tell you this, on them, I didn't care about the repercussions of my actions, all those things that I (and probably most people) imagine doing in their mind but have enough sense and self restraint to not do, well, the common sense and self restraint were gone from me, and I found myself doing # I knew danged well was gonna come back in bite me in the arse.

We are really very different in some ways, our systems don't function the same because of various factors, and well maybe those drugs react differently with others than they did with me, but I will never take the danged things again!

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Medicaid Expansion is not working anyway. At least not in highly populated areas. For instance, I just went to Medicare.gov and did a search for primary care physicians who accept Medicaid patients within 10 miles of my home, just outside of Chicago. There are only 17 of them. That might sound like a lot, but the population in this radius is approximately two million people. One other thing I noticed is that every name is very difficult (for me) to pronounce.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
So if you make $8.51 or more an hour you don't qualify. Is it before or after taxes? What a joke. Thanks Obamacare.

Adam Lanza:

Among the troubling omissions cited in the report, the authors reveal that Adam never underwent a neurological examination despite reported seizures and a diagnosis of obsessive-compulsive disorder and depression. Adam was repeatedly pulled from special education programs, therapy and schools at various times and was in the state's little-known homebound program with minimal oversight by school officials.

****SNIP****

Nancy Lanza lived with Adam in an affluent neighborhood in the east end of town. She did not have a job but, in 2012, according to divorce records on file at Superior Court, received $289,800 in alimony from Peter Lanza. www.courant.com...

She had her own share of mental health issues.

James Holmes:

The psychiatrist who treated James Holmes before he attacked a Colorado movie theater said she did not have enough evidence to have him detained but was so concerned after he confessed his homicidal thoughts that she violated his health care privacy to call his mother.

Dr. Lynne Fenton testified Tuesday that Holmes told her he was having homicidal thoughts as often as three or four times a day but never let on that he was building a weapons arsenal and planning a mass killing. www.huffingtonpost.com...

Chris Harper-Mercer

Ms. Harper, a nurse, said she kept numerous firearms in her home and expressed pride in her knowledge about them, as well as in her son’s expertise on the subject.

Christopher Harper-Mercer

She also opened up about her difficulties raising a son who used to bang his head against the wall, and said that both she and her son struggled with Asperger’s syndrome, an autism spectrum disorder. She tried to counsel others whose children faced similar problems. All the while, she expressed hope that her son could lead a successful life in finance or as a filmmaker.

****SNIP****

Alexis Jefferson, who worked with Ms. Harper at a Southern California subacute care center around 2010, said the gunman’s mother sometimes confided the difficulties she had in raising her son, including that she had placed Mr. Harper-Mercer in a psychiatric hospital when he did not take his medication. www.nytimes.com...

"Lone-wolf terrorists are extremely intelligent and often come from very good socio-economic backgrounds," said Todd McGhee, a former Massachusetts state trooper who is now managing partner of Protecting the Homeland Innovations, a security training firm in Braintree, Mass.

I'm going out on a limb here and say Obama is wrong. They had all been under psychiatric care.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Given that at least 35 school shootings and/or school associated acts of violence (which includes guns, knives, and swords) with 169 wounded and 79 killed have been committed by students and others taking or withdrawing from psychiatric drugs, consideration of this connection can no longer be ignored. www.cchrint.org...

In fact, I'll even go on a very small limb and claim that the aggressors were already under care for mental health issues and double down that Obama is wrong. It's not the income that is causing shootings. Next he'll claim it's......who knows!?
edit on 7-10-2015 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Well, in all fairness the WH Press Secratary did not say Obamacare can help stop gun violence. This is what he said:

“We have heard [Republican White House] candidates talk about an openness to work with the administration on gun violence,” he told reporters during the White House’s daily press briefing.

“Many of them talk about improving mental healthcare,” Earnest said. "One of the biggest providers of mental healthcare — especially in disadvantaged communities — is Medicaid.

“For those who say they want to work with the administration in limiting gun violence, we would welcome the support for the Affordable Care Act and expanding Medicaid."

Context is key people. When you read his statement beyond the headline it makes a bit more sense.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Uh ?

Obama care is what people need after a mass shooting.

That just might be the CT.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join