It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Hypothetical Question to Ask Yourself..

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

Actually, in many areas, we know exactly what the quality of the soil was like in the past. Geophysical science tests just that, among other things.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22

originally posted by: Metallicus
I have no problem killing the animals I eat. Why is this a problem?

To me, personally, it is not a problem.

My concerns are the horrible conditions that the factory-farm-animals live and die in.

(Before you call me out on it.... I have previously indicated I am, indeed, a hypocrite in many ways).

I totally agree about the factory farms. I won't eat that stuff.

I buy grass fed, organic and Amish.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: sekerofknowlege
Yes, but you don't kill a mango tree when you eat a mango, for example! a reply to: Night Star

Not the tree, just it's unborn children. Life feeds on life. Everything you have ever eaten had parents of some sort. Plants are also aware of their environment. They turn to face the sun, so they are aware of that. Their leaves turn down when it rains. They have thorns and sharp spines to protect their offspring as well as themselves.

I grew up on and around several other farms. We all helped eachother and shared the fruits of our labor.
edit on 6-10-2015 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Amish are delicious. Though their livestock tend to be a bit gamey.
edit on 6-10-2015 by pfishy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: pfishy Can they tell how alive it was? If so, how do I go about researching this. I'm very curious to see if there are studies that could list the differences from soil in the past to today. I'd like to know the methods of achieving soil that is full of life, then maybe I could better understand the b12 dilemma.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 12:09 AM
link   

As far as the active microbial biosphere at a given time, that is all estimation at best, and mostly speculation. What I was speaking of is nutritional and elemental content, thus basic fertility.
edit on 7-10-2015 by pfishy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: pfishy Interesting, thank you.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Geotechnical science is a very complex field. But it does offer valuable insights.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: sekerofknowlegeA Hypothetical Question to Ask Yourself..

Sorry, but your emotional rampage just leaves me yawning.
If there were the least rational argument, I must have missed it floating in all those crocodile tears.
Man is an omnivore, evolution made us that.
It enhances our survivability.
Nice that you have the 'choice'.
You are doing well, obviously.
I have killed and fed, but never as you emotionally suggest.
I have not done anything to the creature, or the carrot, that I wouldn't want done to me!
I kill as quickly and painlessly as possible, and only when necessary.
It is the 'attitude' that makes the 'karma' (if you believe in that), not the act.

You refer to God and the bible, which is clear to say that all is permitted to eat!
Just eat it with prayer and thanksgiving.
Thus, no karma.

Just because you cannot hear a carrot scream when you rip it from the ground doesn't mean that it doesn't!

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 01:55 AM
link   
a reply to: sekerofknowlege
I've cut a deer open and pulled the guts out with my bare hands, all the while looking it in its dead eyes. Then I ate the meat. It was very good.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 02:46 AM
link   

I think you did not read my post. I CAN'T EAT more than a small amount of FIBER. I am supposed to restrict most fruits and vegetables, I am not supposed to eat things like rice, apples or potatoes at all. Beans are also out. Everything you mention, I CAN NOT EAT under doctors orders. I do eat as much fish as I can afford, but since I only eat wild caught and watch out for mercury and contaminants, that gets difficult and pricey as well.

I don't follow this well because I can't afford an all animal product diet, but my Dr. says a vegetarian diet is the worst thing I could do.

Here is my Dr prescribed diet.
Meat (unprocessed)
Dairy
Berries (No dried berries)
Minimal amounts of low fiber vegetables, no stems, skin, seeds or stalks
Minimal amounts of low fiber fruits, preferably juiced.

edit on 10/7/2015 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Hmm, yes there is going to be a lot of backlash on this thread and obnoxious backlash at that... But regardless reading this still reminded me of what actually goes on to the animals meats that I am consuming.

A while ago I tried to ease myself into eating better, as in seeing some part of my own mistakes in eating these beloved creatures, (which is different for everyone, I see both sides, if your not appalled by the harming of animals we consumer, so be it, it is normal for us with society being the way it is, same with the other way around) due to this I had attempted with my best effort to start as a vegetarian and work my way to vegan. In these efforts, it was complicated coming from a family who's ancestors had a farm, them being big meat eaters.

I have done to my best ability to avoid eating meat with past efforts, all have failed because it came down to the conclusion. Eat or begin to starve. I do not drive yet, I do not live in walking distance of stores, I don't make money, its tough. But with the reminder of this being brought up to me. I'm going to keep making my best efforts.

I wish the best to the backlash that comes with this thread, I wish for little to none and just some understanding, because here no one is completely wrong or completely right. It's all personal preferences.

•Seraii•

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 03:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Seraii

well no noone is going to give you backlash for your choices. I dont think anyone here really has as of yet. In fact I commend you for your discipline and setting goals that you are committed to reaching.

And calstrom, man my prayers really go out to you. Because although I love meat, man I cant imagine being unable to eat mass quantities of beans and rice or vegetables. Im sorry

What about nuts? Like pistachios, pecans, almonds etc..??

I will be looking at my vegetables and whole grains with a whole newfound appreciation man. I was unaware such a condition even existed until you joined the discussion.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 03:39 AM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist
Thank you. That is much appreciated. Most realms of the forums I've visited today there's been a lot of backlash for simplistic suggestions and questions. But of all forums, the rant forums significantly responded more considerably.

Oh gosh yes I love a lot of fruits and veggies. My prayers go out to him to. The only bad thing for me is I can't have any sort of nut because of allergies.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

Thank you for your kind words. I probably came across too harsh, but it is out of frustration. Nuts are limited as well, but I love almonds and pistachios, so I probably over do it.

It's hard because at the same time I really care about the treatment of animals is CAFO's. They are horrible. I believe it is possible to humanly raise animals for food.There just needs to be a larger demand. People tend to either not care or they stop eating meat altogether. We need to create a larger demand for animals used for food to be raised in humane conditions.

Seraii, it is so hard to have a food group you have to avoid. I would imagine that nuts would be an especially challenging one due to all the products that either contain it, or have cross contamination.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 06:42 AM
link   
NowWhat pointed out that "We are all one," it will imply that everything is created equal. Isn't there something hypocritical and arrogant about this question of what we eat?

Was man voted unanimously by all the other animal and plant species to be the head honcho? Are we really better than a fruit bearing tree, a domesticated animal or a a fungi? Who made us judges, rulers and executioners?

Everything is interconnected. A simple enough wisdom that we can't seem to truly grasp to change the way we live.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Farm raised here . Spent my life killing our own food . Free roaming , grass fed beef . Milked our own cows , churned our own butter . Slaughtered our own hogs when it turned cold . Gathered our own eggs and every Sunday was chicken day , both fried and chicken and dumplings . One of us would head to the hen house early Sunday morning , pick out a couple of hens and "Off with their heads" .

Then add the wild game such as deer , squirrel , rabbit , turtle , fish , game birds , etc; etc; . We had acres of gardens also . There was very little we needed from the grocery store . We supplied most everything we needed right there on our farm . Our farm is not commercial (with the exception of our acres of tobacco) , it is how we feed ourselves .

Mmmmmmm , STEAK . Now I am hungry .

I have even killed animals that were not a food source , but because it was needed . Fox , that were killing our chickens . Coyote , same reason . Feral dogs that city folk drove out to the country and released , attacking livestock . Copperheads , cottonmouth snakes , crows/blackbirds .

Never felt bad about any of it . If some plant eater thinks they are going to change the mind of someone who was raised this way , they are barking up the wrong tree . With the exception of the wild animals ( I do not know what kind of life the they led ,could have been party animals for all I know) all livestock are treated very well up until it is time for slaughter and even that is quick . We do not fatten them up with hormones , steroids or grain . We do not keep them in pinned up in some cattle yard and we do not eat veal . The chickens come and go as they please , cattle have acres and acres to roam around on , milk cows are hand milked . I think they all have it pretty good .

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join