It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Democrats Run The Highest Crime Cities in America

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 04:20 PM
a reply to: introvert

And where's your beef?! Facts are facts. The OP implied was outright documented and accurately, I might add.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 05:48 AM

originally posted by: Indigent
I'm too lazy, so I just checked detroit, since 1912 14 republicans, 11 democrats, perhaps it's the republicans fault and people are just punishing them voting democrat?

Or perhaps the power alternates and shift throught time and everybody fault and not just the last guy in office?

Who knows, the easiest thing is obviously to say it your fault not mine!

So if 1900-1950 was run by R's and 1950-2015 was run by D's then who cares what happened 115 years ago? Detroit has not had a R mayor since 1962.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 05:54 AM
San Diego has had some Republican mayors lately and recently hit a 35 year low in crime.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 07:19 AM

originally posted by: introvertThat's all that is required. There are too many things we have to take in to account before we can definitively say it is the fault of one party or ideology for high crime rates.

This entire approach is just as disingenuous as saying that more red states receive welfare than blue states. While I can provide statistics to show that is the case, there is much more info that must be looked at before deciding Republicans like welfare.

Can you see what the OP is doing now?

But see, after I just went back and re-read the OP, Xuenchen didn't directly claim that the reasons that the high crime rates exist is because of democrats--it was simply implied that it's the heavy regulations and laws that generally accompany democrat control that may be contributing to the pockets of...well, hell, I'll just quote the OP so that it's easy to access the original wording:

originally posted by: xuenchen
Here we have a story that takes some FBI crime statistics and shows the most dangerous U.S. cities are actually heavy Democrat pockets !!

Somebody needs to get to the bottom of the root causes of high crime in America and why it happens in certain areas and not others.

I bet these Democrat cities are also heavy with the regulations.

They're also heavy with the crime-culture and nobody seems to be able to solve the problems even though the wars on crime have been in progress for decades.

Somebody must be benefiting from all this chaos.

Italicized portions are my own emphasis, but the point I'm making is that he's not just slinging wild accusations, but asking questions and making educated assumptions based on a known pattern of corruption in the political system.

Yes, Xuenchen is our resident right-wing propagandist, but in this instance, I see a link to an article based on factual FBI crime statistics, then a few questions and concerns raised in the OP--I can't quite buy into your assertion that this thread is purely propaganda and nothing more. This is actually a good point of discussion, and while it may be cherry-picked data, at least the OP isn't written in such a way that makes conclusions out of this incomplete data. Instead, the data was used to ask questions.

I see nothing wrong with it, even if Xuenchen's posts are generally heavy with the propaganda. It doesn't mean that we must have a blanket policy or dismissing all of their threads because of that.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 10:00 AM
LOL these stats are more recent while the counter thread is from 2012... hehe... talk about selectively choosing your facts to prop up your argument just another day on ATS

edit on 8-10-2015 by Lysergic because: JUSTANOTHERDAYBABY

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 10:07 AM
a reply to: Lysergic

Hey you, 2014

Let me know if rankings change and if that makes any difference on who is mayor of who

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 02:43 PM
I just wonder why people in other industrialized, 1st world democracies don't feel the need for everyone to walk around armed all the time?

What is this, Rwanda?

Step back and think about how insanely ridiculous that sounds/looks in a modern industrialized democracy -- everyone walking around armed with guns. What?

"I'm leaving for the grocery store honey, I'll be back in about an hour!"

"Okay, got your keys, wallet, cell, .40 and extra magazine?"

What bizaro world do I live in these days? I think this mentality goes far beyond reasonable justified self defense, and these weapons are now acting as "blankie" or teddy bear for insecure people who are big on fear and scared of everything that exists outside their front door.
edit on 8-10-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 03:41 PM
It's poverty.

That's it. The Bigger the City the more likely it will have some heavily blighted areas of poverty.

There I solved it for you.

The solution. Work on what actually helps to eradicate poverty. Hint, it doesn't really matter if it's a republican or a democratic majority city. That's a lie talk radio told you.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 10:24 PM
DEMOCRATS: The Pro-Crime Party. And Chicago is Proof

Some interesting points ....

They're always talking about gun control in Chicago. And it never seems to work.

With at least 60 murders citywide, last month was the deadliest September in Chicago since 2002, reports the Chicago Tribune.

According to CBS Chicago, the explosion of homicides last month pushed the murder rate for the year to date to 21 percent above last year. Compared to 2014, shooting incidents were up 19 percent, and the number of shooting victims was up 14 percent. Overall crime - including robberies, burglaries, and thefts - was down 7 percent.

The problem with going after gangs though is the intimate links between gang members and the Democratic Party. Take Chicago, please.

At some of the meetings, the politicians arrived with campaign materials and occasionally with aides. The sessions were organized much like corporate-style job fairs. The gang representatives conducted hourlong interviews, one after the other, talking to as many as five candidates in a single evening. Like supplicants, the politicians came into the room alone and sat before the gang representatives, who sat behind a long table.

Chicago Politicians Solicit Support from the Gangs Responsible for 80% of Murders

edit on Oct-08-2015 by xuenchen because: ganged-up

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 11:12 AM
Just this morning: More Democrat corruption! Democrats, especially Chicago Democrats, just can't help themselves. They see all that taxpayer money, government money, and it's like a kid in a candy store!

"Graft and corruption is never a good thing, but it is particularly troubling when it impacts our schools, our kids," Fardon said. "Public servants and city vendors who conspire to violate the public trust in order to line their own pockets will be held accountable. Today's indictment reflects that accountability."

Byrd-Bennett had worked as a consultant for SUPES and Synesi before she was picked in 2012 by Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel to serve as the chief executive officer of the nation’s third largest city’s public school system. She previously had run the Cleveland and Detroit public school systems.

Ole Rahm really knows how to pick 'em, doesn't he? Makes me wonder what HE got out of it in the interim.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 11:24 AM
Notice from my last post, she previously ran the Detroit and Cleveland public school system, two more bastions of the democrat run cesspool of cities.

She gets around, doesn't she? Like a floating corruption machine sucking taxpayer money out of our children's education system to line her own pockets and god knows who else's pockets along the way!!

They just can't help themselves! All that candy/money just sitting there at their disposal. And their constituents don't seem to notice how the candy store is being robbed. Just keep the freebies flowing, and they'll turn a blind eye to it all!!
edit on 9-10-2015 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 06:19 PM
Yeah, well, the presence of crime is the evidence of freedom.

Take all the freedoms away, and you'll reduce the crime to nil.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>