It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats Run The Highest Crime Cities in America

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Pretty sure the heavy military equipment in St. Louis county was predominantly from Missouri's National Guard... with Missouri being a red state.

And a great example of programs that are routinely shot down by Republicans, is marijuana legalization. Which would, by very definition, reduce crime, reduce the need of so many police, and reduce the prison population greatly. But that would make too much sense. We must stick with the absolute failure that is the "war on drugs". Expanding spending on education.... also routinely opposed by Republicans, also to the detriment of the entire country. Unless, of course, you're entirely comfortable with being ranked middle of the road in education world wide. Seems like a recipe for failure to me, but who am I to argue with the right wing?

And as long as we're remembering things, why don't we remember the laughable failure of trickle down economics, or wars based on greed and lies that cost trillions in resources and tens of thousands of lives?

Also, pretty sure the stimulus helped... the shovel ready jobs less so. But as long as we're remembering things... yes ... let's remember all the things.

edit on 6-10-2015 by Blazemore2000 because: republicans@edumakashun.duh

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I can only cite the conservative efforts on the "war" on drugs, the war on poverty, the wars on. . . whatever.

But I bet the majority of real-time "efforts" on the "war" on drugs actually take place in Democrat voting pockets.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Blazemore2000

No not State equipment.

Here Is The St. Louis County Police Department’s Arsenal

St Louis County is Democrat all the way.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

I can only cite the conservative efforts on the "war" on drugs, the war on poverty, the wars on. . . whatever.

But I bet the majority of real-time "efforts" on the "war" on drugs actually take place in Democrat voting pockets.

Democrats and republicans deliberately lose" those wars so more people will rely on government.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   

So, it's more proof I am correct - bought-and-paid-for-Politicians are the root cause of most (if not all) negative social issues, they also suck money from taxpayers in an increasing rate each year, give back nothing except pathetic propaganda by blaming the bogey man and pointing the finger at "the others".

Explain to me, anyone, what do politicians do exactly that is benefit to society?

Exactly - they do nothing positive at all - NOTHING - Democrap or republeech - same dog, different leg action.

BLOODY WAKE UP AMERICA.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: WP4YT
Democrat city = more gun control = more criminals

Dallas, Houston, Austin... Democrat mayor

Come on people is there no denying of ignorance done here anymore? Of the 100 cities with the most population around 70 mayors are democrats, 20 republican and 10 independent, but I guess those 70 are draconian dictatorships without freedom, like Houston...

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent
I'm too lazy, so I just checked detroit, since 1912 14 republicans, 11 democrats, perhaps it's the republicans fault and people are just punishing them voting democrat?

Its worth pointing out that since 1962, every single one of them have been Democrats. Draw your own conclusions.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Its kinda sad you all are debating about red this and blue that. Meanwhile. All of us are being hosed in a myriad of different ways. It's one big fat shell game! ALL of us are possibly going to be impacted by the TPP and thats a red and blue sponsored issue! Bottom line is Corporations rule the roast and they are laughing as they further their agenda while we squabble about left and right plitics!

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   

a reply to: theantediluvian

But why can't Democrats solve the problems?

Why do the problems keep getting worse?

I'm not defending any mayors of any cities anywhere but I can tell you that the only thing that's really going to make a difference is adding decent paying jobs to the economy or a complete paradigm shift in employment. Even then, there's no guarantee that anyone is going to want to move to a place like Detroit that reached a tipping point decades ago. It's no accident that Robocop, filmed nearly 30 years ago, was set in Detroit!

Take a look at this Wikipedia page of shrinking US cities; they're all in the Rust Belt. Look at when they reached peak populations. It's well known and lets face it, fairly obvious that the decline across the whole swath is due to the decline in manufacturing employment.

What is it that you imagine would happen if every governor and city mayor in the region was Republican? The adoption of automation would be rolled back to levels of the WWII-era and before? Maybe workers in countries like Mexico and China will get get huge pay raises? Computerization trends will reverse?

Serious questions. In fact, I think these are among the most serious questions facing us today. Want to see welfare programs shrink, crime rates drop even further, divorce rates drop, the wage gap shrink, race relations improve, etc? The key is employment but what is the long term strategy for a world where machines are taking our jobs?

I have yet to see any prominent politician from either party suggest what I'd deem a viable strategy.
edit on 2015-10-6 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 12:51 AM
link   

If democrats are responsible, republicans are just as culpable because they didn't do anything to stop the democrats.

I wanna frame that quote and hang it on my wall as an example of the most hurdle jumping, ass backwards, circular logic I've ever read.

If it was sarcasm, I commend you sir.
edit on 7-10-2015 by rockintitz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

This Wal-Mart had like 6000 people show up for job openings yet the Democrats who supposedly care so much about the people didn't want the store to open.

Wal-Mart is magical apparently? Unless that Walmart is attracting a huge amount of revenue from shoppers coming from outside of the community, those jobs probably represent a net loss. The town I live in got a super Walmart years back and since then, a department store, two grocery stores and a locally owned sporting goods store all went under. Small businesses driven under are a double whammy because the revenue of those small businesses would be much more likely to stay in the local economy.

Enterprising entrepreneurs and others have opened charter schools which perform better than the local public schools. Conservatives believe in school choice allowing parents to have say in their children's education. Much like the wal-mart example above, the teachers union has the Democrats by the nuts. Even though these schools perform better and parents want access to the schools, the Democrats continue to try to block access. So again, tell me how is it Democrats care so much about the poor?

There are a good number of charter schools that are kicking traditional public school ass but there's a higher percentage that aren't; according to a 2009 study by Stanford's Center for Research on Education Outcomes, 17% of charter schools studied (across 16 states) outperformed their traditional public school counterparts but 37% underpreformed and the remaining 46% were not significantly better or worse.

That said, some urban charter schools have yielded particular good results in boosting the achievements of black and hispanic students. As for teacher's unions, two countries that are perennial leaders, Finland and South Korea, have done so with strong teacher's unions. Despite this, teacher's unions in South Korea have been embroiled in years of legal battles with the government going back to 2009 when a couple dozen KTU members signed statements critical of the government of then President Lee Myung-ba of the conservative Saenuri Party.

I can go on and on with how Democrat policies are diametrically opposed to the very people who claim they want to help. The unfortunate thing is that so many people simply are unable to logically see how liberal policies trap them in these ghettos.

Go on and on repeating superficial talking points?

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 05:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent
I'm too lazy, so I just checked detroit, since 1912 14 republicans, 11 democrats, perhaps it's the republicans fault and people are just punishing them voting democrat?

Or perhaps the power alternates and shift throught time and everybody fault and not just the last guy in office?

Who knows, the easiest thing is obviously to say it your fault not mine!

Detroit hasn't had a republican mayor in the last 50 yuears

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   
More propaganda from a hardcore party affiliate. I wish people would realize that the main problem is corruption in politics and the Right vs. Left bull####. Anyone that uses common sense can see it. Both Republicans and Democrats have done nothing but destroy this country with their non-stop partisan politics. If one side has a great idea, the other side blocks it and vice versa.

OP, using statistics to construe facts does nothing but spread ignorance when we should be doing the opposite on this website. But, I guess that's your right so have a nice day.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Detroit, Oakland, St. Louis, Newark, etc all have one thing in common. They were cities built on industry and they've been declining along with the manufacturing jobs since the 70's because no good paying jobs means no tax base.

Not surprisingly, low income people, particularly minorities, tend not to vote for the GOP because one of the core tenets of conservative propaganda is that poor people are lazy, unmotivated and likely criminals.

Detroit had more fundamental problems; Devil's night. Certain residents would relish the challenge of setting fire to as many businesses and homes as possible every Halloween. Even with the automobile industry declining, that took away any chance of diversifying industry at the time.

Oakland was asked many times by Silicon Valley CEO's if they would consider releasing land for the development of corporate campuses and housing for the tech workers. Unconditionally, Oakland's mayor refused on the basis he didn't want to create a housing crisis for the existing population.

For the other urban cities, public projects were once the most modern and advanced architectures. Designed to the standard of international hotels with carpeted hallways and homes with central heating, it was anticipated that these places would solve the overcrowding problem of the old housing. So what happened when the first residents moved in? They invited their relatives in the country and abroad to come and stay. Back to square one.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: amicktd
More propaganda from a hardcore party affiliate. I wish people would realize that the main problem is corruption in politics and the Right vs. Left bull####. Anyone that uses common sense can see it. Both Republicans and Democrats have done nothing but destroy this country with their non-stop partisan politics. If one side has a great idea, the other side blocks it and vice versa.

OP, using statistics to construe facts does nothing but spread ignorance when we should be doing the opposite on this website. But, I guess that's your right so have a nice day.

This is probably true. Politicians, regardless of the color of their stripe, can be corrupt. The Democrats don't have a monopoly on corruption, they're just more seasoned at it and it is more intrinsic to their party.

Statistics can say just about anything you want them to say, depending on how the study was carried out and by whom.

Unfortunately, in this country, we have to choose either a Dem or a Republican. I choose the party that is closest to my philosophy of less government intrusion, smaller taxes, more personal responsibility, a healthy safety net for those truly in need, strong and healthy business environment, steady and controlled sensible immigration policies, and a concern for our society's moral compass.

Neither party 100% fits me, but one comes closest.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

The Democrats don't have a monopoly on corruption, they're just more seasoned at it and it is more intrinsic to their party.

Source? I know you won't be able to come up with one, so please save the propaganda for the Republican Kool-Aid drinkers.

Statistics can say just about anything you want them to say, depending on how the study was carried out and by whom.

Completely agree, which has been known to happen over and over again by people with a specific agenda.

Unfortunately, in this country, we have to choose either a Dem or a Republican. I choose the party that is closest to my philosophy of less government intrusion, smaller taxes, more personal responsibility, a healthy safety net for those truly in need, strong and healthy business environment, steady and controlled sensible immigration policies, and a concern for our society's moral compass.

I disagree, you have to choose between the candidates not parties. I didn't support Obama or any other Democrat, but I support Bernie. My main reason for supporting Bernie is because he is going after exactly what I discussed in my first post. Lately it seems because I support Bernie I'm automatically labeled as a Democrat, which couldn't be further from the truth. I just like his ideals and he actually seems genuine for once unlike all the other politicians.
edit on 7-10-2015 by amicktd because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-10-2015 by amicktd because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: amicktd

There are any number of sources out there that show this to be true. But...alas...statistics and agendas...you know.

Judicial Watch publishes a Top 10 Most Corrupt Politicians every year. There is a mix of Republicans and Democrats, but the Democrats win 'the most corrupt' hands down. The details are an interesting read.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   
First of all Democrats stink and Republicans stink.
They only represent corporations and are worthless.

Typically large cities are more progressive
just like if there was a national holiday for people to
vote this entire country would swing WAY left.
Try and get a conservative to support that idea and they'll quickly show
you the door.
If we were governed as originally intended there should be a representative
for every 30,000 people. Meaning 10,000 in the house of reps.
Marijuana would be legal everywhere, gay marriage everywhere,
single payer health care, real corporate taxes, etc etc.
But gerrymandering and the creative
drawing of representative boundaries are what keep the conservative
minority making laws for what is by all measures a much more
liberal country than what's reflected in policy.
Again that said these worthless Democrats don't represent the people of this country
anymore than Republicans .
They are both the Military Industrial Complex.
It's just that the Dems are like the Human Resource dept of the MIC.
I say vote 9/11 party in 2016, that'll get their attention.
edit on 7-10-2015 by UnderKingsPeak because: so

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

a reply to: theantediluvian

But why can't Democrats solve the problems?

Why do the problems keep getting worse?

I'm not defending any mayors of any cities anywhere but I can tell you that the only thing that's really going to make a difference is adding decent paying jobs to the economy or a complete paradigm shift in employment. Even then, there's no guarantee that anyone is going to want to move to a place like Detroit that reached a tipping point decades ago. It's no accident that Robocop, filmed nearly 30 years ago, was set in Detroit!

Take a look at this Wikipedia page of shrinking US cities; they're all in the Rust Belt. Look at when they reached peak populations. It's well known and lets face it, fairly obvious that the decline across the whole swath is due to the decline in manufacturing employment.

What is it that you imagine would happen if every governor and city mayor in the region was Republican? The adoption of automation would be rolled back to levels of the WWII-era and before? Maybe workers in countries like Mexico and China will get get huge pay raises? Computerization trends will reverse?

Serious questions. In fact, I think these are among the most serious questions facing us today. Want to see welfare programs shrink, crime rates drop even further, divorce rates drop, the wage gap shrink, race relations improve, etc? The key is employment but what is the long term strategy for a world where machines are taking our jobs?

I have yet to see any prominent politician from either party suggest what I'd deem a viable strategy.

And you won't. Doing those things are long term solutions, like 10,15,20 years. Politics are based on promises of 2,4,or 6 years. No one cares about 20 years down the road, we want it now. Politicians want to make speeches in the now to get elected. Who really cares about 20 years from now? Especially a politician who might not be in office any longer.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

I think that you may have missed the point of the thread, though--the Democrats generally swear by the philosophy that stricter gun control and laws equate to less crime, especially less violent crime is guns are either restricted nearly everywhere or just made so difficult to purchase and carry that no one bothers with it.

But like is said often, it would seem that they forget the reality that, by definition, criminals ignore laws, but law-abiding citizens get more and more freedoms removed as more and more laws get passed. Leaving the average citizen relatively defenseless is not a good plan to reduce criminal violence and crime in general.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join