It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Up Your Game

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   
We improve at the things we practice.

We atrophy at the talents we ignore.

So in real-time throughout every second of the day, your abilities are in constant states of perpetual flux depending upon the frequency and amount of time and energy you devote unto them.

For those activities you've engaged in most recently, you can expect a gradual increase in your performance curve whilst your mind and body ingrains those newly-trained techniques into muscle- and mental-memory. For those things you ignore too long, you can anticipate a slow but steady decrease in apex abilities culminating eventually in substantial or complete loss of those powers.

But in any case, the complete package of your internalized skillsets is forever transforming in new and novel directions as your goals and priorities change. So a perpetual state of fluxing change is the primary factor inherent unto and unyielding within the provinces of life existent in spheres of corporeal reality.

Yet something more than change should remain constant. For throughout that entire expanse throughout the incessant march of temporality, something more should be happening unto those lines charting your skillsets than those inevitable transformations over time:

Beyond simply remaining in constant flux--with some abilities increasing and some dwindling out--the aggregate amount of your overall skills should always be steadily increasing as you progress forward into the future. Rather than stagnating or regressing in composite possession of talents and techniques, in summation of all your skills, you should always strive towards possessing more varied and intricate powers than you previously had in the past.

In short, you should always be working to up your game. Improve your expertise, enhance your diversity, develop your weaknesses, and constantly patch holes in your physical, mental, spiritual, and metaphysical games.

But above all else, never willingly reconcile yourself towards states of apathetic acceptance and open devolution. Time is always moving ahead, which means if you fail improve yourself from moment unto moment, you're steadily falling behind the curve.

In an ideal world striving towards apex outcomes, the you of today should be demonstrably better than the you of yesterday. And that should hold perpetually true as you continue flowing forward into tomorrow.

Throughout midlife and into old age, too many people fall into ruts where they cease maintaining the skills they possess whilst losing all motivation towards developing new abilities. Then slowly they let the talents they held slowly atrophy whilst they do nothing towards replenishing or improving them unto new and better states.

This is the metaphysical equivalent of retiring early then living off your savings whilst your bank account steadily dwindles towards naught.

And this is a massive spiritual trap that keeps people from continuing to make steady progress towards reaching new heights of evolution throughout the latter half of their lives.

So above all else, avoid this obvious trap. Whilst those around you gradually reconcile themselves unto states of working all day long then sitting on the couch all night, keep grinding incessantly towards achieving better things with your life. Prove unto the universe that you remain indefatigable in motivation towards achieving your goals and bettering your self.

Even if you have time and energy towards sustaining just one hobby or activity or talent, do everything possible towards staving off the inevitable atrophy that comes with disregard for training. Make the time necessary for sustaining those facets of your abilities that you accumulated through youth, and devote the energy needed towards developing new talents even as you move into your 30s and 40s.

By working tirelessly every day towards refining techniques old and mastering talents new, if nothing else you'll keep your brain working in peak condition as it processes and encodes the information necessary towards performing well those still-developing and freshly-attained skills.

But your real reward will come in the life after--because by proving yourself intrinsically motivated towards ceaselessly refining the self, invariably your advisers within the spirit world will look favorably upon your use of time and energy throughout this life--then inevitably they'll feel comfortable handing you more interesting and challenging lives going forward where you can put that fire inside you to work improving reality for all of mankind in essentially any way you desire.

So start upping your game today. Prove you can make the most of this life, and you might well find yourself granted the life of your dreams for your next sojourn into corporeal reality.

If nothing else, you'll end this life with a CV far more impressive than having wasted the best few decades of your life watching television each night on your living room couch.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Trachel

Yeah this is probably the problem with this world, the thought is idealistic the outcome likewise, monkeys first, not idea.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   

The way this world might have started was with a philosophy thats very ancient, you practice immortality until you are mid thirties, healthy strong body up until thirtyfive, then you practice spirituality cause your mind should be developed by then and you embrace nature.

What you are teaching is ambition. Thats a fault

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I have to ask how old are you OP?
Because when you start approaching old age you'll find its not the will to do things that causes you to "cease maintaining the skills"
When you get older you'll discover that doing stuff is bl**dy painful!
The mind is still there, we still wanna go out sh*ging on a friday night you know! But the body wont let us!

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 11:34 PM
link   

So what do you do if you have achieved a spiritual tool that you can handle that others can't? Is there a real point to be more advanced when being more advanced only makes you more disconnected from those who have not even started the journey?

Will you force me/people to become more psychic even if the information we find is more a curse than a blessing in the current?
Will you curse me/people with high level empathic ability or differently calibrated sensors/"third eye" that is just annoying on this dimension?

You heart is in the right place but sometimes becoming too aware is not a positive thing.

If I was not meant to be a tourist wasting time then the path I walk would have been more prepared jumping from one synchronicity to another. I wish humanity as a whole was further along and that I was the least advanced since the progress I could have made during one life would have been amazing.

If I leave this life +-0 then it is a win.

Namaste

edit on 6-10-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: LittleByLittle

So what do you do if you have achieved a spiritual tool that you can handle that others can't? Is there a real point to be more advanced when being more advanced only makes you more disconnected from those who have not even started the journey?

Will you force me/people to become more psychic even if the information we find is more a curse than a blessing in the current?
Will you curse me/people with high level empathic ability or differently calibrated sensors/"third eye" that is just annoying on this dimension?

You heart is in the right place but sometimes becoming too aware is not a positive thing.

If I was not meant to be a tourist wasting time then the path I walk would have been more prepared jumping from one synchronicity to another. I wish humanity as a whole was further along and that I was the least advanced since the progress I could have made during one life would have been amazing.

If I leave this life +-0 then it is a win.

Namaste

Great points and interesting perspective.

I think that even despite the fairly low-levels of spiritual awareness within this sphere, you can still make remarkable progress along the path if you dedicate yourself unto it wholly. Look at paragons like Jesus and Buddha and Lao Tzu and Chuang Tzu, who each completed their refinement and perfected themselves in a single life.

As for the detachment you'll inevitably feel from others and the disillusionment you'll experience with the less-evolved elements of these societies, I personally find those costs well-worth the advantages gained in accelerating your spiritual evolution unto new heights.

After all, leaving this life +-0 just means you'll need come back and keep doing it over and over until you start accruing net spiritual growth enough where you need never return.

Personally, I'd rather be one and done--suffering sacrifices and pain here, then enjoying eternal rewards going into the future.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Trachel thank you for elaborating this perspective. I personally find it very useful as I grapple with many questions pertaining to my quest and soul's purpose. I think your message is very universal and should inspire most.

Regardless, it moved me, so many thanks!

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TheTigerOfLedges

Thanks for reading, thanks for the kind words!

And welcome to ATS!!

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Skill will diminish, but talent is more like an instinct, in that the wiring is hard. Outside of a stroke, it tends not to fade. Me thinks people confuse skills for talent. Talent is effortless, but skill surrounding a talent will require it.

top topics

join