It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Sending SPETSNAZ (Special Forces)To Prop Up Syria's Assad!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: pexx421

Russia is protecting its own interests along with provoking a conflict for its own reasons , only Putin knows what they are and what the end game is.

So?

Long as they kill ISIS i dont give a # what Russia motives are.

Let them take over the mess, we clearly cant handle it.

With any luck its such a quagmire it will keep putin too occupied to cause any more trouble, kill off ISIS for us and if we are really really lucky draw the wrath of the muslim world down on russia rather than us for once.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
a reply to: gortex

Russia is protecting its own interests

Why does that sound familiar...that's right they used it as their reason for Ukraine.

The world will be better with Syria under a strong man like Assad supported by Russia, than terrorists crucifying and raping and destroying the national fabric of society suuported by the USA.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Also it would be difficult to build in same countries than America has its bases right? and bases in 150 countries is kinda quite many countries actually.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: DelMarvel

Russia has huge oil reserves.

That's all good, but when your economy is based mainly around oil...without being able to sell it they are hurting.

This is also about combating Islamic radicals.

That's what Russia want's you to believe.

The Russians have even more to fear on that front than the U.S.

Especially now they are in Syria killing jihadists, the one's in Russia cannot be too happy about that.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

Yes, there's a lot of Putin propaganda around their intervention, which will probably make a bad situation worse.

I recognise some people welcoming this intervention are highly critical of US and western air strikes against ISIS and would probably have a fit of Western troops appeared in theatre.

However, my immediate response was that this is just another bunch of brutal thugs being unleashed. Look at the Chechan wars to appreciate the brutality the Russians get up to.

If western troops went in with the aim of squashing the violence and wiping out terrorists I would be behind them 100% But since all they seem to do is drag things out for decades and terrorize their own citizens with terror alerts while they dpend our tax dollars with no results, then I say leave it to Russia. Lets see how they handle it. We in the west have failed, clearly.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: paxnatus
Well I have news for you, We the USA have boots on the ground......and have had for sometime....But their boots are their NOT to get IS but to destroy anyone that opposes Assad!

And?

The USA are stupid then.

They shouldn't be in the region stirrings up more trouble in the first place, if russian bombs and bullets get them then its there own dammed fault and Obama's.
edit on 6-10-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

The world will be better with Syria under a strong man like Assad supported by Russia, than terrorists crucifying and raping and destroying the national fabric of society suuported by the USA.

SO he can keep repressing the people of Syria?

In case you missed it the US is not supporting ISIS, but keep believing that BS.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Putin's fearsome Spetsnaz units

Have they ever been tested, if so, what was the outcome.?? last program i saw on the Spetsnaz they were doing back flips off of building and breaking bricks with their foreheads.

Building supply merchants must be rubbing there hands at the very mention of "The Spetsnaz".

Anyone got a prime example of Spetsnaz in action. ?

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Russia is protecting its own interests

Why does that sound familiar...that's right they used it as their reason for Ukraine.

What Russia did in Ukraine was terrible.

But does that excuse the mess we (NATO) are causeing syria?

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   

On Friday, during a global town hall meeting with U.S. troops at Fort Meade, MD, President Obama said Syrian President Bashar al-Assad “is worried enough that he’s inviting Russian advisers in and Russian equipment in.”

“And that won’t change our core strategy, which is to continue to put pressure on ISIL in Iraq and Syria, but we are going to be engaging Russia to let them know that you can’t continue to double-down on a strategy that’s doomed to failure,” he added.

www.thefiscaltimes.com...

Sounds like a pissing contest to me, Pax. : (

Of course, I guess one could debate what is meant by 'engaging Russia'.

link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Thats only because they havent had the ability to do so , not because they dont want to.......

They have no desire to do so, if they wanted it could easily be done with a strategic alliance with other nations who find NATO to be hostile (there are many super powers who dislike NATO).

It amazes me how distorted peoples views are, blinded for their hate for the US, yet cant see the common sense when it comes to Russia......WHO ARE DOING THE SAME DAMN THING

Folks like you always make me chuckle.

I hate my own country? No! I just see the bigger picture.

The irony in you calling my views distorted and accusing me of blindness has made my day, thank you for that. Russia IS NOT DOING THE SAME THING.

Russia is protecting a strategic ally and its own interests meanwhile NATO has been playing install a puppet regime in the ME for decades now. All Russia is doing is stopping your friends at the banking cartel from turning another country upside down (well what's left of it).

How easily Libya has been forgotten...

And you call me blind?

Actually I take that back, no beer for you, you've had too much it seems.

link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

You should be happy russia wadding into syria.

With any luck putin will draw the wrath of the muslim world down on russia rather than west.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   

I honestly feel the same way. At least under Putin's regime, they would be able to live at home in a civilization. The Russians seem to be content. Let them have it.
edit on 10/6/2015 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/6/2015 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   

The US isn't funding ISIS, and they trained those who became ISIS not ISIS themselves.

By orchestrating terror against the legitimate government of Syria, the USA has enabled the emergence of a horror story called Isis. The 'moderates' go over to Isis with their weapons. You do realise THEY ALL PISS IN THE SAME POT. The miltary leadership of Isis for heavens sake is from Saddam's military who are seeking revenge for the USA orchestrated destruction of that country. You do see how Isis has been created by the power vacuum following the devastation of USA sponsored regime change? You do see the carnage in the Middle East created by getting rid of the strong men? You do see that you went after the wrong countries in Syria and Iraq when you should have taken down the nest of snakes and evil in that region Saudi Arabia?

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I know it's the epitome of the dreaded mainstream media but this Op Ed piece by Fareed Zakaria seems insightful to me:

www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Especially now they are in Syria killing jihadists, the one's in Russia cannot be too happy about that.

If the Muslims in Russia were going to be up in arms about anything, it would be Russia's continued support of Iran.
2nd.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

IF WESTERN TROOPS WERE NOT SENT IN BY A DUMBASS WHO ORDERED THEM TO PLAY TIDDLY WINKS WITH THEIR HANDS TIED, THEN THE U.S. would have taken care of IS long ago!!!

MY GOSH!!, It sickens me that our troops are being blamed and called failures mostly by the ignorant progressives that voted and illegal ASS Hat into office in the first place!!

If Obama had not pulled the troops out all at once from Iraq and Afghanistan, this would not be happening!!! But when the US was forced out by OBOZO then that created a power vacuum to let whoever swarm in and take over the countries...Destabilizing governments along the way and giving rise to ever terrorist group and his brother!!

You want to blame someone? Then blame the ASS Hat himself!! NOT OUR TROOPS!

Putin does not give one damn about stopping terrorists!! He is there to take over the resources and gain as much power as he possibly can!!

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Funny how so many comments read Putin 'could do this, would do that, has been trying to do that.' Guess what? All of those things. All of them. US HAS already done.

We control the world with a never ending military machine. For some reason this is rooted for because it already is. No change wanted. Well, stuff sucks right now. We need people challenging us. Seriously, knock some #in sense into our government please. The hard way.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: paxnatus

Screech and scream all you like.

Obama failed foreign policy in Syria has destroyed NATO credibility.

Putin handed your moron in chief a political defeat. NATO has no leg to stand on in the area and needs to just withdraw before it can mess up anymore.

As much as I hate bush and the Iraq war, Syria is now the worst failure of US and UK foreign policy.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: paxnatus

Do you really believe what you are saying? Or are you getting a good wage from it?

Russia are finally trying to sort the problem the us and uk have created. What's worse is since they have started the msm have went on an all out campaign to paint the Russians to be scum.

I'm Irish and have lost all respect for most of the people in the UK and the us. Your governments are destroying the world in your name while you are manipulated like babies.

It's very strange but for the first time I wish I lived in Russia because they seem to be the only sane people on earth and have some balls.

People like you are destroying ATS

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join