It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Sending SPETSNAZ (Special Forces)To Prop Up Syria's Assad!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Russia sends in special forces to prop up Assad: Putin's fearsome Spetsnaz units are preparing ground assault to 'wipe out' rebels fighting the Syrian President

'Aggressive and highly trained' units set for seek-and-destroy operations

Spetsnaz conducted revenge missions against jihadis during Chechen war

Comes as NATO yesterday called on Russia to stop air strikes in Syria

We are being told they are there to guard their bases and it is just a security measure! Right!!! I guess Putin thinks we are that ignorant of his desire to rule the world!

And if you are not familiar, these boys don't play!

Russia has sent fearsome teams of special forces into Syria to help prop up President Bashar Al Assad, it has been reported.
Vladimir Putin's crack Spetsnaz units are said to be preparing a ground assault on rebels fighting the Syrian President – most of whom are backed by the West.

They have been ordered to wipe out opponents 'by any means'.

Well would that be the U.S. and the coalition forces too?

This is getting way out of control! Very scary! Here is the article.....

.thedailymail

+24 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Finally Russia starts stepping up to the plate. I was wondering how long the rest of the world would sit by while the US bankrolled terrorists to run wild causing chaos and destruction in order to maintain control of others resources and provide justification for unending military buildup.

+10 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Boots on the ground is the only way to wipe out ISIS. At least Putin has the common sense to see that and the balls to make it happen.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
The daily mail has been know to be very sarcastic on some stories or exaggerating the truth. Not a good source

Edit: if the US knows about this, then what will they do? Nothing. They know a war could start but they will prevent it, even if it means losing some troops. MO.
edit on 09/04/0094 by luciferslight because: Related info to post

+13 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: paxnatus

We are being told they are there to guard their bases and it is just a security measure! Right!!! I guess Putin thinks we are that ignorant of his desire to rule the world!

Are you being serious lol........................Pot meets kettle.

If my country was being attacked by terrorists (funded and trained by the USA) who were attacking my population, crucifying our Christians, raping our women, selling off our children, blowing up our monuments and ancient history, then I guarantee you I would beg Putin to send his forces in to save my nation. Do you not see the blatant havoc and devastation the US sponsored terrorists are causing to the people of the Arab world?

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: pexx421

Russia is protecting its own interests along with provoking a conflict for its own reasons , only Putin knows what they are and what the end game is.

edit on 6-10-2015 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Well I have news for you, We the USA have boots on the ground......and have had for sometime....But their boots are their NOT to get IS but to destroy anyone that opposes Assad!

Glad you are happy that "Russia" has finally stepped up! But are you really that naive to what this means? Russia has already intruded into Turkey's airspace..and they are pretty upset!

Unless you really want to see World War three, then please realize now is not the time for a 'pi$$I*G' contest! The world already knows Putin has balls and Obama has beans!! Yes, we get that and I am as fed up as you are with what he has allowed to happen....Leading up to this...But please think about the repercussions ....

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
The way western media treats news from Russia, is quite clear, i am not defending anyone by saying that also. If the situation were reverse and it would b USA getting rid of them terrorist, we would be celebrating and sending our love to Syrians and our soldiers, right? I would think at least most of us just want to end these wars and start building towards peace, so we all could start doing the same thing in our homelands too. I would say they are pretty much connected, even if not obvious at times..

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: pexx421
Finally Russia starts stepping up to the plate. I was wondering how long the rest of the world would sit by while the US bankrolled terrorists to run wild causing chaos and destruction in order to maintain control of others resources and provide justification for unending military buildup.

LoL the only reason Russia is doing this to facilitate their oil needs.......

LoL you do realize youre cheering on the same thing you just condemned right?

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   
USA: "Stop the airstrakes against our sons in Syria!!"
Russia: "Ok, as you wish. Then we'll sand our land troops"

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   
It's a totally FUBAR situation but the U.S. might have to accept that Assad remaining in power is not the worst outcome. Do we want IS in Damascus?

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

If my country was being attacked by terrorists (funded and trained by the USA)

The US isn't funding ISIS, and they trained those who became ISIS not ISIS themselves.

then I guarantee you I would beg Putin to send his forces in to save my nation.

Probably not.

Do you not see the blatant havoc and devastation the US sponsored terrorists are causing to the people of the Arab world?

How about Ukraine...why do you not have the same view toward that as Russia is doing the very thing you seem to be upset about with Syria and the US?

+8 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: paxnatus

LOL

I guess Putin thinks we are that ignorant of his desire to rule the world!

Yeah his hundreds of military bases around the world are proof of this...oh wait...that's not Russia who has military bases in every corner of the world surrounding their enemies...who could that be?

Deny Ignorance.

edit on 6-10-2015 by real_one because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Russia is protecting its own interests

Why does that sound familiar...that's right they used it as their reason for Ukraine.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

LoL the only reason Russia is doing this to facilitate their oil needs.......

Russia has huge oil reserves. This is about their naval base in the ME. This is also about combating Islamic radicals. The Russians have even more to fear on that front than the U.S.

link   

originally posted by: real_one

LOL

I guess Putin thinks we are that ignorant of his desire to rule the world!

Yeah his hundreds of military bases around the world are proof of this...oh wait...that's not Russia who has military bases in every corner of the world surrounding their enemies...who could that be?

Deny Ignorance.

Thats only because they havent had the ability to do so , not because they dont want to.......

It amazes me how distorted peoples views are, blinded for their hate for the US, yet cant see the common sense when it comes to Russia......WHO ARE DOING THE SAME DAMN THING

link   

So?

NATO screwed up. They messed up the area more. They have lost all credibility.

They should just withdraw and let Russia have a go at the mess.

Long as ISIS is exterminated I care little if Assad stays or goes as internal politics should not ne our concern!
edit on 6-10-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: real_one

If they could they would have bases all over.

But there economy just couldn't handle it.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Yup

We got caught with our finger in the pie.

Obama and co should not have been playing game of terrorists.

Its obvious his amateur games of proxy wars has failed.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Yes, there's a lot of Putin propaganda around their intervention, which will probably make a bad situation worse.

I recognise some people welcoming this intervention are highly critical of US and western air strikes against ISIS and would probably have a fit of Western troops appeared in theatre.

However, my immediate response was that this is just another bunch of brutal thugs being unleashed. Look at the Chechan wars to appreciate the brutality the Russians get up to.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join