It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ten Commandments Monument Removed From Oklahoma Capitol Grounds

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Seede
a reply to: Annee

Why do some insist on bringing Islam into discussions when the subject is explicitly about something Christians did? A 10 Comandments monument designed for and placed by Christians on government property.

. Also the op did not state which sect of Christianity was involved which is the crux of the matter. All Christians do not practice nor do they have the same mindset. When referencing Christianity it would be not only fair but correct to address the sect that is being referenced.

The bill authorizing the monument in Oklahoma was sponsored by State Rep. Mike Ritze whose family also paid the ten thousand dollars to install it.

He is a Southern Baptist. One would assume many of the other supporters of this were also other conservative evangelical Protestants. The usual suspects.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: DelMarvel

He is a Southern Baptist. One would assume many of the other supporters of this were also other conservative evangelical Protestants. The usual suspects
No, you cannot assume anything of the sort and be fair minded. You have no indication that any other Christian congregations were involved in this whatsoever and to make the statement that there are other "suspects" of Christianity who are "Protestant" shows exactly your biased mindset. The ten commandments are revered by many denominations as well as Catholic and Jewish who are not Protestant Suspects. You show the same prejudice that you rile against.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Seede

I don't think that you can point to any denomination within the church and say that it's them, it's more like a sickness that was planted into the church bodies, my guess is in the early 80's, and it's finally starting to mature. the seed that was planted was the promise of wealth and power, and it was a pretty powerful temptation for many, but not all within any church body fell to the temptation. by now, they may have kind of migrated and well each group may have found a church home of people with like minds. but I don't believe that it's restricted to any particular denomination.

edit on 11-10-2015 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

I don't think that you can point to any denomination within the church and say that it's them, it's more like a sickness that was planted into the church bodies, my guess is in the early 80's, and it's finally starting to mature.

Yes dawnstar, I agree with your analogy completely. The old gimmick of getting something for nothing is not only in religion but also has spilled over into a culture of many nations. Not only has the church neglected to maintain its purpose, so the entire nation has done the same thing and make no mistake this will come home to bite all of us. This piece of rock should not be the theme of hatred among people nor a contest of a winner. No one wins in a division among people which leads to harm among all of us.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   

a reply to: DelMarvel

He is a Southern Baptist. One would assume many of the other supporters of this were also other conservative evangelical Protestants. The usual suspects
The ten commandments are revered by many denominations as well as Catholic and Jewish who are not Protestant Suspects. You show the same prejudice that you rile against.

Right. Show me where any Jews are trying to get the government to post the ten commandments or any other symbols or writings of their faith.

And I didn't say all Protestants. I specified conservative evangelicals. There are some Catholics involved but most theocrats in this country are evangelical and/or conservative Protestants. That's irrefutable.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jobeycool

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Jobeycool
Your whole post looks like an angry rant that people don't care about your religion as much as you want them to anymore. Oh well. Trying to scare us into belief isn't going to work either. We have seen past such obvious propaganda techniques.

Who the heck would not be angry at the stupid ignorance going on..Frightening what is happening to this world right now.You should more frightended by the radical muslims will kill you in a heartbeat second.
This stuff going on in the world is nothing but HATRED.Jealous,envy,greed,etc.All things that divide mankind.

Why? They are on the other side of the world and terrorist attacks from Muslims in the States are near zero. Seems like wasted effort to be scared of them.

Turkey may have shot down a Russian jet,might want to read some real important news going on in your world that could lead to WW3. Turkey had a suicide bombing attack again.Probably ISIS or it could be Saudis terrorist trying to get Turkey in the war to destabilize the world and you whine over stupid holiday decoartion.GET REAL PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH NO! Things are happening in the world! SCARY! /sarc

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

a reply to: Krazysh0t

Separation of church and state is a simple concept, it's a wonder why Christians have so much trouble understanding it...

Why just Christians? Why not Islamist's also? Are you inferring that only Christians have a problem with Church and State? Sure does sound like it. But then are you not the one who said the Christian "God is an asshole?" Kind of prejudiced somewhat is it not? But then perhaps you want sharia law as a blanket cover for all those ole mean Christians. Looks like even the bashers are just as bad as the mean ole Christians.

Why do some insist on bringing Islam into discussions when the subject is explicitly about something Christians did?

A 10 Comandments monument designed for and placed by Christians on government property.

Misery loves company. It's only natural for Christians to try to drag other religions into their mess even though we got them dead to rights.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join