It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ten Commandments Monument Removed From Oklahoma Capitol Grounds

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
The 10 best laws for mankind and people are happy they are being thrown away.No wonder this country and culture will continue to become a sick declined mess of morals and hate.
When WW3 breaks out these idiots will wonder why they became so stupid and look like idiots when they put them back up.
edit on 7-10-2015 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

This country has turned into a political correct insane asylum.Sit back and watch the insanity turn into WW3 these people are so looney.All the people that whine about what is going on with the world and this country cannot figure out what the wrath of God is.
Welcome to secular world becoming the gods of the world and destroying humble hearts and real love that comes from strong faith in family.

They cannot grasp that the whole reason the country had a good government and Constitution written on Judea and Christian values is because of Christians.
edit on 7-10-2015 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

this is the opposite of politically correct.....to be likeable and in favor with most people, you have to be religious...that is being politically correct

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: DelMarvel

originally posted by: DBCowboy
This is the first time I have ever seen an inanimate object force religion on a population.

So scary.

The kind of people who put that monument up most certainly do attempt to force their religion on people. They use the government to try to force everyone to follow their version of Christianity. When they can get away with it they use taxpayer funded schools to try and indoctrinate other people's children. I've dealt with that with my children in my lifetime so this isn't some abstract complaint.

Can you show me a law that forces people to worship a certain way? Or even evidence of the magic Jesus rock forcing people to go to church on Sundays?

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Jobeycool

Right...

Here is late Chirstopher's explanation of 10 commandments, and Sirrurg has posted another one of my favorites, late George Carlin's version.

edit on 7-10-2015 by SuperFrog because: fixed attached video

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Your whole post looks like an angry rant that people don't care about your religion as much as you want them to anymore. Oh well. Trying to scare us into belief isn't going to work either. We have seen past such obvious propaganda techniques.
edit on 7-10-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   

The 10 best laws for mankind and people are happy they are being thrown away.

Laws that are in no way exclusive to Judaic religions, also FOUR of them are about worshiping a god, which is pretty subjective to say that is the best way to go about things.

They cannot grasp that the whole reason the country had a good government and Constitution written on Judea and Christian values is because of Christians.

I think people have a hard time grasping just how untrue this is. Sure the correlation is there, but hardly causation.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Because the Ten commandments violates American values? Or because there are actually Americans that believe it's the words of god? There was no seperation of "church and state". You'd be hard pressed to find a "founder" that didn't believe in a "higher" power. There was, however, a "no established religion " by government clause. If the words mean nothing to you for the simple fact, some believe god or a creator said it. Does that make the words wrong? ..Are the words wrong? People wonder why America is in turmoil. "When the wicked rule. The people morn"... There's no moral foundation for this country. I'd wager the founders never thought this nation would ever become so perverse. With contempt toward truth and wisdom.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jobeycool
The 10 best laws for mankind and people are happy they are being thrown away.No wonder this country and culture will continue to become a sick declined mess of morals and hate.
When WW3 breaks out these idiots will wonder why they became so stupid and look like idiots when they put them back up.
This country has turned into a political correct insane asylum.Sit back and watch the insanity turn into WW3 these people are so looney.All the people that whine about what is going on with the world and this country cannot figure out what the wrath of God is.
Welcome to secular world becoming the gods of the world and destroying humble hearts and real love that comes from strong faith in family.

100 percent correct.

When all these things are gone, and Satan is already taking over everywhere and most every heart and mind, it will be moral anarchy.
In fact, I would say moral anarchy has already arrived in full swing.
Wait until judgement comes full force. These people will be running to God with tears in their eyes begging for forgiveness, not even knowing that forgiveness isn't contingent upon begging for. It is freely given to a humble and repentant heart.

The true horror is yet to arrive.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Who really cares about a few statues and a few chairs.

Probably no one.

Unless the statues and chairs represent one specific religion on government property, which is a violation of Church and State.

Other religions have been rejected to place a monument next to a Christian monument that's on government property. Its not just atheists.

If you are going to be intimidated and offended by a statue placed on the ground in a public space then I feel a little pity for you
I dont see how this impinges on your rights to live and enjoy life.
Nor do I see how a statue of bhapomet impinges on a Christians rights to live and enjoy life.

Fundys are all crazy

Its about Separation of Church and state.

You either understand it - - or you don't.

Was the Baphomet statue on government property?

And the fundamentalist demanded it gone
Your type are no better, it's the same thing, getting your knickers in a twist over nothing but pride.

FACT: this is a secular government.

God, representations of God belief, does not belong on government property.

You're the one trying to make it personal.

Fact: I dont care, I am not concerned about a statue, rock or writings on a plaque. Whoevers or wherevers.

You are the one ranting and carrying on, taking this as a personal victory and acting smug.

Seems this type of stuff is intolerant and abusive, what next? Physical violence?

Fundys in every spectrum.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Who really cares about a few statues and a few chairs.

Probably no one.

Unless the statues and chairs represent one specific religion on government property, which is a violation of Church and State.

Other religions have been rejected to place a monument next to a Christian monument that's on government property. Its not just atheists.

If you are going to be intimidated and offended by a statue placed on the ground in a public space then I feel a little pity for you
I dont see how this impinges on your rights to live and enjoy life.
Nor do I see how a statue of bhapomet impinges on a Christians rights to live and enjoy life.

Fundys are all crazy

Its about Separation of Church and state.

You either understand it - - or you don't.

Was the Baphomet statue on government property?

And the fundamentalist demanded it gone
Your type are no better, it's the same thing, getting your knickers in a twist over nothing but pride.

FACT: this is a secular government.

God, representations of God belief, does not belong on government property.

You're the one trying to make it personal.

Fact: I dont care, I am not concerned about a statue, rock or writings on a plaque. Whoevers or wherevers.

You are the one ranting and carrying on, taking this as a personal victory and acting smug.

Seems this type of stuff is intolerant and abusive, what next? Physical violence?

Fundys in every spectrum.

Your not caring doesn't change fact.

Stating fact is not ranting.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
a reply to: FamCore

this is the opposite of politically correct.....to be likeable and in favor with most people, you have to be religious...that is being politically correct

That you think people who are religious are only that way so they can have friends, is like a mirror onto your own soul. And you see that way because of duplicity. Duplicity = What you are, everyone else must also be. You should know better.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

God is God for all religions except those that don't have one. The ones that don't have one are cults and don't count.
Allah
Jehovah
God
Etc..

You wouldn't know that being non religious.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

I suggest Iran seeing you obviously want a theocracy.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

I suggest Iran seeing you obviously want a theocracy.

Only if Jesus is running the show as King of Kings. Then yes..

Regular people having a theocracy? No thanks. We saw what happens when the middle ages had the Catholic church as the head of state.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 12:50 AM
link   
The Ten Commandments are called this only three times in the entire Bible and each time they are referred to as the 'covenant'. They are the Old Covenant made with Israel.

The only time they are referred to as a unit in the New Testament canon they are called the 'ministration of death' and that they are 'done away'...

"But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:" (2Co 3:7 KJV)

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

God is God for all religions except those that don't have one. The ones that don't have one are cults and don't count.
Allah
Jehovah
God
Etc..

That's your belief (opinion). And I understand it. But I don't share it, so it's not really relevant.

I was very religious for 30 years. So, I may know a lot more that you imagine.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

Allah
Jehovah
God
Etc..

The bolded part is a HIGHLY ignorant thing to say. One of the oldest religions in the world, Hinduism, doesn't worship your god and it is FAR from being a cult. Buddhism is another example of why you are wrong.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

I was very religious for 30 years. So, I may know a lot more that you imagine.

It always amazes me that very religious people assume non-religious people are ignorant of religion/God.

I, like many, became non-religious because of religion.

Anyone truly searching for facts/reality to back up claims of "Mythical" Jesus, will not find them.

They instead will find the truth - - if they are open to it.

edit on 8-10-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Non religious often know more then the religious on the bible.
We gotta know thy enemy.

www.npr.org...

Kinda proves that once you have studied it in detail you dismiss it.
edit on 8-10-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: Annee

Non religious often know more then the religious on the bible.
We gotta know thy enemy.

Oh, I know - - - for sure.

Because they wanted to find the truth. So, they read and studied.

You have to keep blinders firmly in place not to accept the facts.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join