It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia to EU: Dump The US, Join The Eurasian Economic Union (ZeroHedge)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Any country that joins TPP will be conquered internally by the US if US is part of TPP. Wherever US goes, it poisons it with their GMO and propaganda.

I can already see other countries follow laws implemented by US and sabotages going on to get rid of other countries businesses. Corporations will step in from US side like usual and start stealing farmlands as they are seen more clean.

Every country is going to have to keep their eyes on the US especially with its GMO.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Majic

originally posted by: markosity1973
Geographically it makes sense.

It would also mean Putin just reassembled the old Soviet Union and then some. I think everyone is still a little wary of Putin at the moment though, what with Ukraine on their doorstep.

I can't see America allowing it to happen without a huge temper tantrum.

The world might have trouble hearing that tantrum over the sound of Russia getting things done.

Talk is cheap, and impotent blathering out of Washington even cheaper.

I dont disagree with you there

However the premise that Russia is doing this, mirrors EXACTLY the excuse The US went into Iraq, and all this destabilizing began.....

how can people not see that?

Yet they cheer it on.......

The same people who were saying " let the ME handle themselves we have no business there" are now defending Russia for doing exactly what they didnt want the US to do because SOMEHOW, they are saviors......

The hypocrisy is palpable

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: makemap
Any country that joins TPP will be conquered internally by the US if US is part of TPP. Wherever US goes, it poisons it with their GMO and propaganda.

I can already see other countries follow laws implemented by US and sabotages going on to get rid of other countries businesses. Corporations will step in from US side like usual and start stealing farmlands as they are seen more clean.

Every country is going to have to keep their eyes on the US especially with its GMO.

Thats some pretty deep Hate you have there

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

I have always thought that America was the most geographically diverse, beautiful, bountiful country in the world, but as i mature I realize that it is simply not necessarily so. Then when you add GMO and the toxicity of what the chemical industrial complex is doing to land here by the millions of acres per year with chemicals such as sold by monsanto and others just as bad as if not worse than, it is unclear what we will have to work with in the future. At one time we were the bread basket of the world, we could through our back breaking efforts in to not only feed ourselves but also every other country, not so much anymore.

We are the reason timetravelers will not put anything in their mouths while visiting...

What i am getting at is that for the US to be globally sanctioned, it would make so many people worldwide happy, as if because of our stupid politicians we need to suffer and what better way then to send all the 3rd world poor here? The rest of the world would flush out their killers and crazies, and open up some oil rich property.

I used to think that we were the biggest buyers in the world, that if we did not buy, others like China would collapse. Not so from what I am now reading unless you consider housing, taxes, insurance, food and utilities helpful to mainland china's economy.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: FamCore

Wow, the EU becomes Eurasia, the UK (soon to vote on leaving the EU) becomes Airstrip One, maybe George Orwell was on to something.
We are at war with Eurasia, we have always been at war with Eurasia...

It's always been Eurasia ...

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Syrious Business

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
The same people who were saying " let the ME handle themselves we have no business there" are now defending Russia for doing exactly what they didnt want the US to do because SOMEHOW, they are saviors......

A common failing of straw men.

Whether or not Russia and its allies succeed in their goals remains to be seen. They may fall flat on their faces in Syria and embarrass themselves on the world stage.

Or they may do what they've been doing since Georgia: go in fast, hit hard, accomplish specific objectives, deny anything inconvenient, then disengage, leaving behind assets and advisors to prop up local allies and institutions favorable to them.

Given the US/NATO track record in the area, the bar is low enough that just about any outcome which changes the status quo will make Russia, Syria and Iran look better than the competition. They don't have to be cautious, they don't have to be nuanced, and they don't even have to be particularly competent. If they get results, that's all that matters.

Whatever the outcome, the ball is now in their court, and the more off-balance and confused their opponents appear, the higher their score will be.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Unless the US forces this into a massive conflict..

..their position as number 1 is finished.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
Unless the US forces this into a massive conflict..

..their position as number 1 is finished.

The question is how is the US gonna do the obvious, pick a fight with Russia, now that everyone's eyes are on Syria, and Russia is doing the good deeds this time around.

If Russia gets rid of IS, it be a shame for Obama and his congress and a waste of tax payers money.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   
that zh article was dated jan. 2015. old news

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 11:03 PM
link   

However the premise that Russia is doing this, mirrors EXACTLY the excuse The US went into Iraq, and all this destabilizing began.....

how can people not see that?

Yet they cheer it on.......

Russia is not doing EXACTLY what the US did. The US was committing international war crimes. Russia was invited by it's ally.

There is no hypocrisy.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 01:32 AM
link   

I think at this point Russia is doing nothing but rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 02:13 AM
link   
The EEU is DOA. This thing has been a train wreck from the start. The Russia invasion if Ukraine put the final nail in its coffin. It exists in name but, not reality. The biggest problem is its members do not trust nor like Russia much.

Kazakhstan has become very anti Russian despite the best efforts of its leader to keep the hate down, the fear is when he dies Russia will invade. The hate comes from Kazakh anger at Russian actions in Ukraine. This lead to Putin making comments about Kazakhstan having no history of being and independent state (sound familiar). So in response Kazakhstan is spending 2015 celebrating the 550th anniversary of Kazakh statehood just to rub it is Putin''s face. The Kazakh's also claimed the biggest threat to the EEU was Russia unfair business practices and the EEU which was to increase trade ended up with a 20% drop in trade between Russia, Belarus and Kazakhstan.

Armenia joined despite anti Russian sentiment but, has declined to follow EEU regulations in particular when dealing with Customs check points.

Kyrgyzstan joined with rousing note from its President that when it came to joining or not “No offense, but we’re choosing the lesser of two evils. We have no other option.” It also is ignoring regulations about the business it does with China because it to important to its economy.

Belarus when Russia began pushing for a common currency instead demanded all trade between Russia and Belarus be in Dollars or Euro's. Then it got caught by the Russians for repackaging western goods and selling them to Russia. Russia got mad and Belarus then put back up its customs stations along the Russian border, ignoring the customs union part of the agreement.

The EEU is a mess. Nobody follows the regulations and that is not surprising when most of the feel bullied into joining. Trade groups only really succeed when its members get along and have semi common goals. The failure of BRICS is prime example of this. This group has managed to never accomplish a single trade deal and this years summit was mostly spent with fighting between India and China over Pakistan. Since its creation its members are in far worse position than before it existed and yet they can not get along well enough even now when Russia and Brazil are in crisis, South Africa is falling, India is barely meeting its goals and China is in all kinds of trouble.

Their are so many economic grouping and most them never amount to anything. The EEU makes the EU look like a perfectly run organization in comparison.

edit on 7-10-2015 by MrSpad because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Toward A Less Perfect Union

originally posted by: MrSpad
The EEU is DOA. This thing has been a train wreck from the start. The Russia invasion if Ukraine put the final nail in its coffin. It exists in name but, not reality. The biggest problem is its members do not trust nor like Russia much.

That may, ironically enough, at least partially explain Russia's motives in Syria.

As zyrktec pointed out, the source article is old news. It dates back to just after the Eurasian Economic Union came into being on January 1, 2015. Its relevance, however, may still be current.

Pursuing possible connections (e.g., "EEU+Syria" and "EEU+Iran") reveals thousands of articles, with these being recent examples:

Syria wants to join Russia-led Eurasian Economic Union – prime minister
EEU to start free trade zone talks with Damascus after Syria crisis ends

EEU to study free trade area agreement with Iran
EEU accepts Armenian proposed FTA with Iran

The concurrency of those articles with Major General Qassem Soleimani's not-so-secret visit to Moscow and Iran's involvement with Russia's "attacks on ISIS" suggests more than a passing coincidence.

If Russia and Iran are able to stabilize Syria and bring it into the EEU, it would be a major victory for all concerned and bring much-needed prestige to the union. Iran, having shown its capability and commitment in coordinating the operation, would gain significant leverage in Syria and Iraq, and with massive assets freed by the lifting of economic sanctions provided by the nuclear treaty, would become a powerful ally, the dominant force in the Middle East and a very attractive trading partner for the EEU.

That, in turn, would encourage fence-sitters like Moldova, South Ossetia, Abkhazia to join, and potentially many others as well. They might even get Turkey to come to the table -- not as a member, but as a trade partner.

To be sure, Russia has done an outstanding job of alienating just about everyone, but Russia does not need to be loved, only respected. If they manage to outmaneuver the US and NATO yet again, their actions will once again speak louder than words.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   
News just in, Chinese Yuan now fourth in line of traded currencies, so the Japanese Yen is now fifth, the re-alignments have started.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   

To be sure, Russia has done an outstanding job of alienating just about everyone, but Russia does not need to be loved, only respected.....

I believe that's the same mindset of the husband who beats his wife because he cant measure up.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: zyrktec

thanks for pointing that out, don't know how I missed it!

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: antar
a reply to: Majic

Sounds like it's gonna be an anti-GMO bloc.

YES. Might push our fools along.

The Western Alliance Is Crumbling

Fifth, I object to the questioning of European health protections. Washington must understand once and for all that notwithstanding its insistence, we do not want our plates or animals treated with growth hormones nor products derived from GMOs, or chemical decontamination of meat, or of genetically modified seeds or non-therapeutic antibiotics in animal feed.

France, Germany, Poland ... ten European nations to go GMO-free

Two thirds of EU states reject GMO crops, file cultivation opt-out requests

World’s Largest Country, Russia, Bans GMO Food Crops

edit on 7/10/15 by soficrow because: add links

edit on 7/10/15 by soficrow because: add reply

edit on 7/10/15 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: makemap

Thats some pretty deep Hate you have there

I know it may seem deep to you. But, it is a fact. How many corporation chains are around the world already, specifically American owned?

From McDonald to KFC etc. The amount of intervention US did during 1800's from China to the world was massive. The only war that had weakened America was the Great American Civil War. Today, US influence seems to be expanding financially and by land.

en.wikipedia.org...

Corporate expansion today is unlike the 90's is at its cap right now, especially with the internet(sooo much Ads). Just look at America itself full of McDonald every street. Once an evil corporation remains an evil corporation. Unlike the Gov they got the money and productivity to screw everyone over.

Canada is already screwed....

www.huffingtonpost.ca...

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 06:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973
Geographically it makes sense.

It would also mean Putin just reassembled the old Soviet Union and then some. I think everyone is still a little wary of Putin at the moment though, what with Ukraine on their doorstep.

I can't see America allowing it to happen without a huge temper tantrum.

The world might have trouble hearing that tantrum over the sound of Russia getting things done.

Talk is cheap, and impotent blathering out of Washington even cheaper.

EU may have trouble hearing Russia over the sound of Russian troops and weapons destabilizing Ukraine, on the EU border.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
The Thin Red Line

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
EU may have trouble hearing Russia over the sound of Russian troops and weapons destabilizing Ukraine, on the EU border.

On the contrary, I'm sure they hear the Russians loud and clear.

While President Obama publicly waxes philosophical and paints red lines that quickly fade and disappear, and the rest of NATO hems and haws over spending another percent of GNP on defense, Russia is sending out troops and doing whatever it sees fit. That would seem to include countering NATO expansion, restoring the Soviet Bloc and steamrolling anyone who gets in their way.

The puffing and protestations of western leaders will be cold comfort to the people of Eastern Europe when the "little green men" come for them, and having already suffered decades of Soviet occupation, they know that sound all too well.

<< 1    3 >>

join