It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Belarus says does not need a Russian military base: report

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 03:53 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Or what is more likely is that the message was written in English so it could be read wherever it (the picture) was printed - it is actually very common that protesters the world over will write their signs in English, as it is a global language and getting international coverage for your cause is important.

But no, lets just assume he is a CIA "plant" and it's all staged rather than apply any common sense....

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 03:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
Secondly sure most liklely speak some English. Why in a protest in there OWN country surely you would use there OWN language?

For the camera's....

Protest in Burma

Protest in Japan

Protest in Thailand

As you can see, all nations that do not even remotely use the same alphabet or language as the UK, but like to have signs written in English...

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 04:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: stumason

Or what is more likely is that the message was written in English so it could be read wherever it (the picture) was printed - it is actually very common that protesters the world over will write their signs in English, as it is a global language and getting international coverage for your cause is important.

But no, lets just assume he is a CIA "plant" and it's all staged rather than apply any common sense....

No that logic I get.

It makes sense for the natives there to do that as you said.

I was just adressing the point of expats protesting.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 04:44 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Your just being obtuse now.

You know exactly what I mean.

Not all expats would be protesting (if there are any expats protesting anyway) and Im not calling there motives suspicious even if I do think they are insane to willingly live in Europes worst dictatorship.

Im only questioning those expats (if they even are and not natives trying to get our attention ) who are protesting.

By the way if this is want they want then I fully support then. Hope they send Russia packing.

Not sure why your bringing Ukraine up to me, i have already stated on another thread I think what Russia did there was terrible.

edit on 8-10-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingFox
"ROSSIANS"?

Yes..the dreaded..."rossians" They are friends fanatics!! They Worship Ross as some kind of Cult figure...its very sad.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Not all expats would be protesting (if there are any expats protesting anyway) and Im not calling there motives suspicious even if I do think they are insane to willingly live in Europes worst dictatorship.

And I never said that did I?

WHy Russian soldiers seem to vacation in a war zone in Ukraine...to each their own.

Not sure why your bringing Ukraine up to me, i have already stated on another thread I think what Russia did there was terrible.

I was saying Belarus has seen what happened in Ukraine, and don't want them to be next after telling Russia no base.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   
This is a problem in all the former Soviet Republics right now. After years of being treated like crap by Russia, the Ukraine in invasion was the final nail in coffin. It showed them that Russia does not see them as sovereign nations. And they are not happy. Most of them are trying keep the populations hate of Russia down while the figure out how to break from Russia without getting invaded. These are the people that would love to see Russia get drug into a conflict with NATO so that they could turn on Russia and get out without facing Russian military retaliation. Since that is unlikely it will interesting to see how they manage this. You have to wonder how long Russia can maintain this downward spiral. At some point all these problem will have to dealt with.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Plans for Russian airbase in Belarus will be discussed on October 15-16 — Kremlin

MOSCOW, October 12. /TASS/. Russian President Vladimir Putin and his Belarusian counterpart Alexander Lukashenko will go ahead with the constructive discussion of the possibility for creating a Russian airbase in the Belarusian territory, Russian presidential spokesman Dmitry Peskov has said.

"The presidents discussed various aspects of that topic. The constructive discussion will go on," Peskov said, adding that Putin and Lukashenko would soon meet in Kazakhstan, at the summits of the CIS and the Supreme Eurasian Economic Council on October 15-16.

"They will have an excellent opportunity to discuss these issues on the sidelines," Peskov said.

He recalled Putin has already sent a message of greeting to Lukashenko to congratulate him upon his convincing victory in the presidential election.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: theultimatebelgianjoke

Thats an.... interestingly....worded article on the topic. "Convincingly"?

Something tells me he will threaten Lukashenko behind closed doors to agree to the airbase. Or Belarus will find the Russian segment of their population is all of a sudden being discriminated against.
edit on 12-10-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Which is why I call Russia claims of no Russian troops in east Ukraine bull#.

Countrys lie.

(post by Nikola014 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

Except his post is accurate and spot on and is supported by evidence.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Nothing Personal

originally posted by: Nikola014
Note, this is not a personal attack, I'm just commenting on what is this user posting.

Yes, it is a personal attack, by definition, which is why it has been removed. For the benefit of anyone who may not understand why, I would like to explain.

Mods are members first and just as welcome to share their views as anyone else. If you disagree, you are also welcome to do so in any manner that does not violate the AboveTopSecret.com Terms And Conditions Of Use, but that specifically precludes personal attacks.

For more about ad hominem attacks, see: Wikipedia: Ad hominem

If the problem still isn't clear, please send me a private message (we do not publicly debate moderator actions) and I'll be happy to explain further, but in this thread, please keep all comments on-topic and bear in mind that we routinely remove comments that aren't.

Thanks.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Council of EU decides to suspend sanctions against Belarus for 4 months

LUXEMBOURG, October 12. /TASS/. The Council of the European Union made a decision to suspend sanctions against Belarus for the period of four months, France’s Secretary of State for European Affairs Harlem Desir said on Monday.

EU sanctions against Belarus comprise the list of about 150 individuals, including its president Alexander Lukashenko, who are banned from visiting the EU and whose assets in European banks are subjected to freezing. Sanctions also provide for a weapons embargo and a ban on supplying police and dual-purpose equipment to Belarus.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join