It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Belarus says does not need a Russian military base: report

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: theultimatebelgianjoke

This is a picture from a Russian / Belarus forum that took place mid September in Sotchi. Notice the difference ?

What do you think this pic is supposed to show?

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

In Belarus that would mean a CIA plant most like. Or SIS if British.

Yes, because every westerner in Belarus is a government plant.

No way would the dictatorship there allow a protest let alone one which allowed English speakers foreigners there freerly.

And yet they did. Ex pats from the West live there also, so you could see English signs in a small protest.

Also why could that not be a person from Belarus that speaks English...as English is spoken in Belarus.

That means some agenda.

Only to conspiracy theorists.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Hyperia

i dont get the message? Could someone please elaborate?

Belarus making it known they don't need a Russian military base built in Belarus.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

I also think they don't want to see a Ukraine happen with them...protest wise that is.

Well they have been receiving US aid...just like Ukraine. Perhaps not quite so much but in the same general areas. I do wonder why an oppressive or autocratic government would allow such programs to operate.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

What do you think this pic is supposed to show?

That people from Belarus and Russia use Cyrillic alphabet.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Just want to add this from the Belarus president...

MINSK, Belarus (AP) — Belarus doesn't want to host a Russian military air base, President Alexander Lukashenko said Tuesday, a statement that highlighted a strain between the two neighbors and allies.

Lukashenko said that he knows nothing about plans to set up a Russian air base in Belarus and added that his nation doesn't need it, according to state news agency Belta.

"I feel surprised and, to some extent, angry and annoyed by that," he said.

The Russian move comes at a time when Lukashenko has moved to improve Belarus ties with the West, which long were strained over his crackdown on dissent and free media.

The Belarusian leader hinted Tuesday that Moscow might want to establish the base to try to hamper Belarus' efforts to warm up ties with the West.

news.yahoo.com...

Seems as though the Belarus president is standing firm for the time being...but time will tell

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: theultimatebelgianjoke

That people from Belarus and Russia use Cyrillic alphabet.

Yes because nobody in Belarus knows English, especially ex pats from the US living there.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: midicon

I do wonder why an oppressive or autocratic government would allow such programs to operate.

Would you quit taking the money that was given to you?

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Yes, because every westerner in Belarus is a government plant.

That is not what I said.

And yet they did. Ex pats from the West live there also, so you could see English signs in a small protest.

1) The community would be small because who the # would want to willing move to Belarus.

2)Why would they waste there time and risk themselves protesting in such a # hole when they could just come home to a country that is not a tin pot dictatorship?

Also why could that not be a person from Belarus that speaks English...as English is spoken in Belarus.

Yet why bother making a sign most the fellow protesters wont understand?

Only to conspiracy theorists.

Well your on the wrong site then

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   

You narrow 9.5 million belarussian people to about 500 individuals and you still need american expats to make the number ...

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Lukashenko...the Kirchner of Europe.

Or, maybe, Kirchner is the Lukashenko of South America, not quite sure yet.

Both like to tell every side a different story, and play dumb when modern communications make all 3 stories public.

Granted, anything is better than having the people focus on the leadership and the effects they have had on the country...right?

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Would you quit taking the money that was given to you?

I would if said money was undermining my own position.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   

That is not what I said.

This is what you said...

If he is a American then I trust it even less!

Looks like you did.

1) The community would be small because who the # would want to willing move to Belarus.

Ah yes because Belarus is such a dump nobody want to go there.

Yet why bother making a sign most the fellow protesters wont understand?

How do you know they can't read English?

English is spoken in Belarus.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   

I did not was all expats would be CIA or SIS.

And im sure there is a very small number there for buisness and maybe family.

What I was saying is why would any expat be protesting?
If they dont like it there come on, why risk life and limb?

Secondly sure most liklely speak some English. Why in a protest in there OWN country surely you would use there OWN language?

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   

It isn't totally impossible that a few people know the English language or, at least, desire to communicate to the West that contrary to the current P.R., the neighbors of Russia don't trust Russia and never will.

Any 'agreements' likely are nothing more than lip-service to keep Putin sated for a while.

I wonder if those four F-22s that visited Germany, Poland and Estonia a couple of weeks back didn't weigh in on this a bit....

edit on 6-10-2015 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 01:40 AM
link   
This is not surprising given Belarus's position on Ukraine. They called for a restoration of Ukrainian territorial sovereignty, including Crimea.

Announcing plans to build a base while the host country knows nothing about it, let alone approved of it, is actually kind of funny. Seriously though the 2 countries have had this conversation for well over a year (well, Russia had the conversation mainly, speaking "at" Belarus instead of "to" Belarus.

Belarus also got tagged when Russia instituted financial controls as well as sanctions. When Russia went into protection mode they actually violated their trade agreements with Belarus, which pissed them off to no end. I also think its one of the main reasons Belarus is trying to distance itself from Russia.

Russia already deployed some fighters to Belarus last year. Lets see how long it takes before they are asked to leave Belarus. There is also speculation that the bases Russia wants are tied to the upcoming elections. More or less if he doesn't accept the Russian bases he wont win the election.

Again speculation but I am curious to see the result of the elections (if you want to call them elections).

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Not really. They probably realize that the Western media will be there. Why not spread your mesage far and wide if you can. Makes perfect sense..

reply to: theultimatebelgianjoke

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Secondly sure most liklely speak some English. Why in a protest in there OWN country surely you would use there OWN language?

Well since they are protesting against RUSSIANS and not the BELARUS government there prolly isnt any problem and they are in no danger.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   

You stated and I quote...

If he is a American then I trust it even less!

Are you not saying that if they are an American in Belarus that would mean a CIA plant, because that statement would include American ex pats would it not?

So then now your saying they aren't all CIA plants because they are American's, but could be in Belarus legitimately?

Why couldn't they, as I didn't think there were rules to protesting and who could do it?

Ex pats in Belarus are usually from other countries, so they obviously like it there which is why they went there. Nobody goes to a place they don't like...unless your a Russian soldier being sent to Ukraine.

Didn't look very hard did you?

and this is my favorite...

I guess they do have some.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 12:59 AM
link   
"ROSSIANS"?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join