It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ignorant Liberal Speaks out on Gun Control

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
My point is this ... even cops hardly ever are in situations where a gun is needed, so why do people feel they have some kind of need for one? In my above post I showed that police use "force" only in 1.4% of all interactions -- and this is the police! The police are in much more danger on a daily basis!

Many people feel the need for one because they are brainwashed by propaganda. These are usually the people that always revert to the "shall not be infringed" mantra. These are also the people that delve deep in to the political conspiracies and believe there is someone ultimately out to get them.

"The Left is trying to take your arms"
"Jade Helm is Obama trying to invade Texas"

They live in constant fear and a firearm makes em feel better. Sad thing is many do not know the true purpose of the 2nd amendment right.

It is these sorts of nutters that I keep a very close eye on because I believe they are a big threat to this country. I even keep my distance from them at the range. There is something wrong with these people and I do not want to be around them when their crazy comes out.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
My point is this ... even cops hardly ever are in situations where a gun is needed, so why do people feel they have some kind of need for one? In my above post I showed that police use "force" only in 1.4% of all interactions -- and this is the police! The police are in much more danger on a daily basis!

Doesn't that also beg the question, why do police departments across the U.S. feel the need to be militarized? If those stats are correct, they should be downsizing, and backing off on the weaponry, but they aren't. What are they afraid of? Force is only threatened or needed 1.4% of the time. The actions of our law enforcement, and the stats, are at odds with one another.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: stormbringer1701

Ras 12 Dude.

RAS 12!

it's on my list too.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: joemoe

Yes, and that 1.4% of "force" includes a cop simply unholstering and pointing his gun.

As a cop your daily job is to seek out dangerous situations that might require you to use a gun -- and even the cops themselves only need to use force of ANY kind 1.4% of the time!

I would like to think Americans are intelligent enough to not seek out dangerous people and situations.

If you are not a cop, and you are not intentionally putting yourself around criminals and other armed bad guys on a daily basis -- what real "threat" is there?

This is fear mongering to the extreme people. I hear it all the time, "I'd rather have it and not need it..."

Well the statistics show that you really WON'T need it! Even cops (who's job and specialty is dealing with bad guys with guns) hardly use theirs! 99.6% of the time a cop never even has to use an arm lock, taser, pepper spray, or gun in any way shape or form.

The fear Americans have is insane. If there are 200,000 defensive gun uses every year in the USA, that comes out to about 0.06% of the per capita. We have 318 million people in the USA, 200,000 is a drop in the bucket to a population that size. That's not even half a percent, that's almost half of a half percent!

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I guess you could define being told something as a punishment, I don't really see it that way. You choose to interpret the law as "being told" when you could view it as just the way the law is, and part of your social contract for being a citizen of the United States.

Back to the 5th.

Where it explicitly says NO PERSON shall be held ANSWERABLE....

: responsible for something

www.merriam-webster.com...

The STATE is expressly vertoben to hold me, and other gun owners responsible for crimes we haven't done.

It further went on to say WE can't be held accountable.

It further goes on to say in the 9th that that STATE can NOT use the power it has to DENY or DISPARAGE the rights that come before it.

Then they double down on everything in the 14th amendment.

People who commit crimes get a day in court, and crimes proven beyond all reasonable doubt.

Myself and every other gun owner have had our CIVIL LIBERTIES violated epically.

edit on 6-10-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: neo96

Nope, and if it did we may have different demographics now. We learn from our past mistakes. Never again should our government restrict our God given right to bear arms.

link   
a reply to: joemoe

A cultural shift away from gun-fetish and gun-obsessed machismo culture.

Education about how dangerous guns are and just how big a responsibility owning a gun is.

Honestly I think the biggest thing we can do isn't legislative at all it's persuasive, it's convincing people that they don't need lethal response to dangerous situations.

Like I said in my original response the OP I understand that people need to eat so hunting doesn't bother me even a little. I understand that some people live in really bad neighborhoods so a firearm isn't a bad security precaution to take. But then you have people off in the suburbs who buy up tons of guns just because they like them or want to collect them. For lack of a better term America has a big hard-on for big guns. Part of me totally gets it, I grew up on 80s movies where guns were always the solution to the problem, I like violent films and violent video games... but I don't like people that translate that to the real world.

In the real world guns aren't "cool" or "sexy" just like smoking isn't as cool or sexy as it is in the movies, its highly dangerous.

We live in a culture where some are over medicated, some under medicated, people are angry or at least the media is trying to convince us we're all angry and miserable. Tone it down a couple of notches America, violence isn't the answer and something lethal like a gun isn't the only self-defense option out there.

link   
a reply to: Klassified

That is an EXCELLENT question, but a topic for another day/thread. If you want to use the stats from the site I linked -- go for it, that might be a really good thread idea...

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Titen-Sxull

None of those violate due process in the slightest, they are regulations set up to protect people. A

Yes they do.

People get their day in courts of LAW. DUE PROCESS.

No right can be infringed without it.

Gun control DOES THIS.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Most of those things you mention are already on the books. Before we can purchase a firearm we must fill out many forms. Also we must get and pass a background check. To get a licence to carry we must go through more background check fill more forms, for many they will have to wait months and may have to pass safety tests (those in free states are lucky).

By the way "well regulated" during the time of the Constitution means - property of something being in proper working order. Something that was well-regulated was calibrated correctly, functioning as expected.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Actually from what I see guns are no longer for white men. I see new shooters from all walks of life at my range. Lately I see a growing numbers of minority and female taking up arms and training. There use to be almost all white males at the range, now there are African American, Indians, Asians and Hispanics .... both male and females filling the slots. Its a good sign. From what I see gun acceptance is quietly growing.

Also if you want children to be safe around guns ... you should teach them gun safety. Ignorance in this case is very dangerous.
edit on 6-10-2015 by joemoe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   

I honestly have no idea what you are talking about, being "answerable" and all this.

If your local and federal government decides to enact restrictions of firearms, you can either choose to see it as some kind of persecution, or see them as the laws enacted by a country you live in.

According to your logic, I could be seen as being persecuted for not being able to buy leaded gasoline anymore. Leaded gasoline in and of itself is just a substance, it has no inherent good/bad nature to it. If I just have it in a container it doesn't harm anyone. The same with a firearm. It too has no inherent good/bad nature to it. If it just sits in a safe it doesn't harm anyone.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Your interpretation of due process is so loose that it seems like utter madness.

Most people understand that limits are placed on some freedoms to protect people. In the case of guns we have something that is specifically designed to kill people, that is the intention behind its design.

We'll just have to agree to disagree on the matter.

Gun laws are passed by legislatures, legislatures represent constituents, legislatures go through a process of passing laws. If they feel that gun laws are necessary they pass them, that is their job. If you feel these laws are tyrannical take it up with the supreme court, we'll see how far your obscenely loose interpretation of the 5th Amendment gets you.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I honestly have no idea what you are talking about, being "answerable" and all this.

It's like ATS's golden rule.

Posters are responsible for their own posts.

Someone abuse's it you don't give someone else a warning right ?

That's ALL it takes to get what I am saying.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

The madness is MURDER is illegal.

The madness is holding the 99% percent responsible for actions they never do, and will never do.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
this one is also on my list:

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormbringer1701

Damn...now that is one I would like to have!

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: stormbringer1701

Damn...now that is one I would like to have!
one more i'd like to have was a 410 shotgun/22lr take down bush pilot survival gun. it's just a single shot (per barrel) Unfortunately; i don't think they are made any more.

M6 scout or one of the knock offs.
edit on 6-10-2015 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Chiappa
Is making it again.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Chiappa
Is making it again.
Thank you. I'll check it out.

EDIT: wow. that thing is incredible!

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join