It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ignorant Liberal Speaks out on Gun Control

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: Titen-Sxull

No one is holding you criminally responsible for the actions of mass shooters.

Yes they are.

That's why the background checks, and ever other gun regulation.

Me and every other gun owners RIGHT has been whittled away because of things we have never done.

THAT IS A FACT.

Well, if these mass shooters give lawful, responsible gun owners a bad name -- maybe some kind of self-policing, self-regulation might be in order? Take care of one own's house and those inside it?

What are you going to do? Ban poor parenting, irresponsible people, angry aholes, and would be nut jobs???? Nice thought but about as likely as getting rid or regulating guns.

If the problem was guns themselves the instances would be much higher each year. 10 of millions of owners have no problems along these lines nor do their children, despite access and availability in their homes. If guns are the problem why do 10 of millions of owners have no issues, why do we have what 10,000 gun homicides each year and not 10s of millions???? Gun deaths are higher but homicides tend to be the real problem, understand gun deaths as a whole are higher but homicides are what seem to rule people the most.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I wish our gun rights were like our RIGHT to vote.

That seems the only one left standing.

link   
a reply to: butcherguy

So they are different from drugs and can't possibly be handled in the same way.

And yes I'm aware of the 2nd Amendment and why it was written. But I'm also aware that it was written at a time when you could get off maybe 3 rounds a minute and when America was still very much a frontier nation surrounded by danger.

I'm also aware the 2nd Amendment wasn't written to give would-be rebels an excuse to open fire on their own government as some far-right gun-nuts suggest. In fact one of the first uses of this well-regulated militia was to help Washington squash the Whiskey Rebellion.

link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

You want us to go around and arbitrarily decide who is nuts , see if they own guns and then institutionalize them?
Really?

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Titen-Sxull

I'm also aware the 2nd Amendment wasn't written to give would-be rebels an excuse to open fire on their own government as some far-right gun-nuts suggest. In fact one of the first uses of this well-regulated militia was to help Washington squash the Whiskey Rebellion.

Jefferson's writings go against what you are saying.
The Whiskey Rebellion was not a just cause.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

You want us to go around and arbitrarily decide who is nuts , see if they own guns and then institutionalize them?
Really?

I can see it now.

A new government agency that costs a trillion dollars to run.

I guess this is the part where HHS is given wait for it.

GUNZ and tasked with going rounding up the 'crazies'.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Really?

It sounds like a call to community to me.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Titen-Sxull

They are trying to pass reasonable regulations to prevent the people who DO want to commit crimes with guns from getting them.

Yet every gun control proponent feels the need to deem any upcoming laws as "reasonable". Hint: If they were "reasonable", they wouldnt need to be stated as such every time a gun hater opens their mouth.

There are countless laws on the books already, making it more difficult for law abiding people to get guns will not stop criminals from getting guns. Want to know why?

BECAUSE THEY'RE FREAKING CRIMINALS!

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Oh, my...

Is that custom? Or can I actually get that at a dealer? Not sure you need a scope on a lever action .44 mag carbine... But it surely is sweet looking.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Figured people would take my comments way out into left field...

How about out reach programs, gun safety classes, public service announcements, working with agencies and politicians to come up with some actual solutions?

That is, of course, gun owners admit there is a problem in this country.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: SaltyRibeye

The reason I make the distinction is to set myself apart from the far-left folks who think that guns should be confiscated or outright banned.

Reasonable gun control means we and our representatives discuss what changes should be implemented if any.

BECAUSE THEY'RE FREAKING CRIMINALS!

Believe it or not some people who own guns, even legally owned ones, end up doing illegal things with them, some of them ARE criminals, regulations help sift through who is and isn't a legitimate law-abiding gun owner.

Are you comparing an inconvenience to a loss of rights?

Felons aren't able to own guns at all... that's what a loss of rights looks like. Is that also unfair? Where is the balance, where is the line? How do we decide in the balance between safety and liberty? Those are the sane and reasonable questions people ask when discussing what to do about gun violence in America.

I don't even know why I'm saying this or having to explain it, I'm not even in favor of any new strict regulations being put in place.

I think educating people and changing people's attitudes toward guns is FAR more important than any legislation or hoops people jump through.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   

How about out reach programs, gun safety classes, public service announcements, working with agencies and politicians to come up with some actual solutions? 

Uh, do you realize you just described a lot of groups? Sporting clubs, gun clubs and the NRA.
edit on b000000312015-10-06T19:26:29-05:0007America/ChicagoTue, 06 Oct 2015 19:26:29 -0500700000015 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: joemoe

Your asking me why Chicago has so much trouble?? because it's broken beyond repair..as far as what party whomever is on..don't care..polarizing is not going to help

Anyway my point was having a no gun area next to a freeflow area with no controlled border is useless..all or nothing or it cannot even begin to work.
edit on 6-10-2015 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   
wow you kids are a funny lot, some of you (maybe even the OP) said it's a 100 year old document (it's over 200 years BTW, so much for "common core") that "should be changed. lets change the first amendment too then correct? Lets say it's unlawful to speak about breaching the rights of someone else, that's fair, cause you might hurt their feelings.Sounds so awesome, no death no hurt feelings everyone is happy, right??

ya all do ( or should ) know that when the Government of the US was set up it was not practical to have everyone in the country (at that time) to get together and Vote on laws. it just was not practical. you just could not get information/feedback fast enough

So...

Today you can have worldwide communication via electronic means nearly in real time. We have no need for the senate and the House of representatives. there is no need for them any longer, they are "outdated". We as a nation have the right to privacy/anonymity. (for now) when that is no longer the case We, the people can directly vote for change. (and think of all the money saved and corruption will be a thing of the past.

I have no problem giving up my guns when this happens (I have a semi-auto crossbow, it's silent and accurate to 300 yards and has no restriction on magazine capacity, nor will it pass though walls)

Death is in our future, everyone one of us no matter who you are. it is the timing of that death that scares some of you.

YOU want to be safe, Great, STAY HOME! you are not in control of you fate no matter what you think, no rule, law or wish will change that, you can be careful and still get hit by lightning, or a fatal car accident (Much more likely then a mass shooting death).

"do not worry about the splinter in My eye, worry about the log in thine own eye"

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Your crime is that you live in a nation that always seems to be drawn to the lowest common denominator.
(You're not alone, I live in this nut-house too).

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Well this went on for a few more pages than I thought it was going to. Okay I will attempt to answer questions that I feel have not already been answered in this thread.
edit on 6-10-2015 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: inquisitivenature

The only insanity is people making emotional arguments for gun control, while citing situations (mass shootings) that account for less than a tenth of a percent of gun violence. These are extremely rare events.

Also, if you're gonna start a thread maybe try and come up with an OP that hasn't been already dished on in dozens of threads already. Lacks orginiality.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: harvestdog

Thousand and one reasons though? I'm not sure that's a list you could make... I think you are exaggerating.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: TsukiLunar

" You can't deny that certain people, especially on a site like this, do seem a bit bloodthirsty when they talk about their weaponry. It doesn't sound very reasonable at all. "

That's a Matter of Your Own Personal Perspective , you sound like a Gunaphobic to me .......

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
a reply to: stormbringer1701

For self defense isn't that like using a baseball bat to swat a fly?

nah...maybe this is a case of that:

Calling a CAS Alpha Strike on a mosquito:

this is how libs see gun owners anyway.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join