It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here’s What The World Thinks About The American Response To The Oregon Massacre

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

originally posted by: Shamrock6

I've never committed a mass shooting.

What does taking my guns or restricting my right to purchase them or throwing up extra roadblocks to ownership on me do to address mass shootings?

It helps prevent others from doing so, as is evidenced in other countries that have successful gun RESTRICTIONS.

But I am glad you felt the need to remind us that you have never performed a mass shooting, I feel so much safer now.

Wondering how you feel any safe at all considering homicide deaths are the same or UP where you live even WITH the gun control regulations you tout as making it safer.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
When Obama is gone, things will settle back down.

He has a way of targeting America's People and stirring the sh*tpot, whether it is about race and now guns. He has an agenda to accomplish and this is part of it.

Since he took office, we have had Sandy Hook, the Sikh Temple, Aurora, Charleston, Ft. Hood, and now Oregon. I probably left out a couple.

Yep, when he is gone, we can get back to a semblance of normalcy, unless, of course, another stupid Democrat carries on.
edit on 6-10-2015 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Bobaganoosh

I really don't know how to properly respond to your childish post except to say that it is complete and total rubbish.

Apart from that I am not going to dignify it with a further response.

edit on 6/10/2015 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Must be collateral damage in Australia since the number of killings has not gone down since gun control.....pretty barbaric not to take a look at the real cause.

And that cause would be..?

The one doing the killing.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

Make sure your own house is in order. Let me define it for you.... "f*** off"

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
Sorry but we Americans could care less about Democracy. The mob can vote whatever they like but our rights are protected and that is the end of the story. If mass shootings occur it is indeed a sad side effect of those freedoms but far more sacrificed their lives to gain and protect those freedoms than have killed by their abuse.

So deaths of innocents are "collateral damage" as long as you get to keep unrestricted guns?

What a barbaric society.

Nothing is unrestricted.

The democratic government can and does intrude into everything.

Before gun laws there were no mass shootings of innocents, because before gun laws people had more freedom in every aspect of life. More freedom means less anger.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: retiredTxn

If they are so "powerful", why do you refer to them as "pea-shooters"?

Compared to tanks, bombs, drones, airstrikes, rocket launchers and all things a government would have access to then YES they are pea-shooters.

I thought that meaning was quite apparent, apparently I was wrong.

Unless of course you are trying to twist what I meant into something else?

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Wondering how you feel any safe at all considering homicide deaths are the same or UP where you live even WITH the gun control regulations you tout as making it safer.

There is no need to wonder my friend. Perhaps it might do you good to come visit here one time and see for yourself how Australians live without the fear of being shot on a regular basis?

Or would that be too much actual TRUTH for you to bear?

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   

ENOUGH!

That is ENOUGH of the childish bickering and back and forth posts about each other, and off topic debate!

This thread is within a hair of being shut down and left that way!

ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics.

It has gotten so bad, that were ATS Staff to moderate this thread, the last several pages of it would need to be deleted!

If you can not post something out out adding an insult, or talking about another member, you need to walk away from this thread NOW.

Anymore Off Topic posts, posts about other members, insults, etc, will be removed and you will be post banned until further notice!.

Do NOT reply to this post.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Semicollegiate

Before gun laws there were no mass shootings of innocents, because before gun laws people had more freedom in every aspect of life. More freedom means less anger.

Before our gun laws here there were multiple mass shootings of innocents that stopped entirely when gun restrictions came into effect. We still have our freedom, and our common sense, and no mass shootings.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie
a reply to: luthier

The main reason people commit crimes is they are not attached to society. They feel unattached to the society.

Well as someone who completed a 'crimenolgy' you'd know there are variables.

Look at Bundy and Gacy;both were articulate, intelligent, and outgoing-and active members of society. I'm no criminologist but I dare say that painting all criminals with the same brush would not be recommended, Just like dreams of my mother doesn't indicate I have an Oedipus complex.

Your right.

However I meant to say most commonly assumed causes for the vast majority of the homicide rates are lack of social connection. Ie. Gang related violence and suicide.

But yes there are many reasons and theories of violent crime causation. None of them are semi automatic rifles or large magazines.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
Sorry but we Americans could care less about Democracy. The mob can vote whatever they like but our rights are protected and that is the end of the story. If mass shootings occur it is indeed a sad side effect of those freedoms but far more sacrificed their lives to gain and protect those freedoms than have killed by their abuse.

So deaths of innocents are "collateral damage" as long as you get to keep unrestricted guns?

What a barbaric society.

Must be collateral damage in Australia since the number of killings has not gone down since gun control.....pretty barbaric not to take a look at the real cause.

Australia was a different place 20 years ago. Our demographics were completely different for starters, most immigrants were of all eastern European decent. Plus, coc aine (the most profitable illegal drug) was incredibly rare, where as now its absolutely everywhere. The US has been in the midst of a crack epidemic since the 1980's, yeah?

Its nothing short of a miracle that our murder rate has remained so stable all this time, which by the way, is still far lower than the overall murder rate of the US.

But, for argument sake, just say Australia abolished its strict gun restriction laws tomorrow and then adopted Americas gun laws... Are you honestly trying to claim we wouldn't have a sharp rise in overall murder rates and also a sharp rise in police shootings?

edit on 6-10-2015 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
Well maybe your wife should help you with your arguments then. You can't use a theoretical person as your defense.

I actually finished a crimenolgycourse and can tell you there aren't many criminologists that would say banning semi auto rifles or magazine counts would do much if anything.

You asked, I answered to the best of my ability.

All you have done is proven that people, even in the same profession, have differing opinions on the same topic. Hence the debate.

I actually finished a crimenolgy

I will admit, however, that I am skeptical of your assertion that you have studied criminology given your spelling of the word criminology. Not being a spelling nazi here, but it does raise suspicions.

Or I am on a smartphone.

I didn't see any replies at all. So lets go back there.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Before our gun laws here there were multiple mass shootings of innocents that stopped entirely when gun restrictions came into effect. We still have our freedom, and our common sense, and no mass shootings.

Freedom and restrictions together are an oxymoron.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

I'm sorry, I reacted with a knee jerk. But it is (imo) on topic to say "you have your problems I have mine". I am not sitting here telling the rest of the world how to deal with their problems and I would appreciate the same respect. And imo the reason nothing has changed since the columbine shooting is the REAL elephant in the room.... mental health issues in the u.s.a.
And a big issue with that is the pharmaceutical industry in the u.s. they don't want any attention on the fact that most, if not all of the shooters in these mass killings were on anti depression meds.
edit on 31211015TueAM41K by tinyDAWK because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

Look at Bundy and Gacy;both were articulate, intelligent, and outgoing-and active members of society. 

If one would disregard the fact that Gacy raped and killed underage males, yeah they fit into our society pretty well. Likewise with Bundy, except he liked to strangle women.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Guns are part of the problem certainly.

Also the culture of America and its emphasis on violence in its entire media as an entertainment vehicle: TV…movies…PC games…Game consoles

Mental health

Its non homogeneous population

Its history of violence against minorities

Its black operations

Its not one thing...it must be dealt with holistically as many problems that contribute to it

The fact is though the US is NOT dealing with any of the causes...that’s the problem

If they only did guns or mental health, at least that would be something but the US is doing NOTHING about it

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Freedom and restrictions together are an oxymoron.

If you really meant that then am I to assume you would want to legalise murder, rape, theft, extortion etc etc?

I mean, to live in a completely "free" society, according to your view, then such things would also have to be completely legal wouldn't they?

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

There is no need to wonder my friend. Perhaps it might do you good to come visit here one time and see for yourself how Australians live without the fear of being shot on a regular basis?

Or would that be too much actual TRUTH for you to bear?

I have been to Australia and do like it. Have you been to the US? I have no fear any day of being shot anywhere I go. Or would that be too much actual truth for YOU?

See I can say homicide rates have stayed the same here as well, even WITH guns, for the last 15 years, just as they have stayed the same there without guns for the last 15 years. Your gun control argument is proven false by your own government for homicide figures.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: tinyDAWK

I'm sorry, I reacted with a knee jerk. But it is (imo) on topic to say "you have your problems I have mine". I am not sitting here telling the rest of the world how to deal with their problems and I would appreciate the same respect. And imo the reason nothing has changed since the columbine shooting is the REAL elephant in the room.... mental health issues in the u.s.a.
And a big issue with that is the pharmaceutical industry in the u.s. they don't want any attention on the fact that most, if not all of the shooters in these mass killings were on anti depression meds.

Thing is, antidepressants aren't exclusive to America - and yet you don't see the amount of mass shootings elsewhere than you do there so I don't believe that is the entirety of the issue.

For instance, I take antidepressants and yet I have no desire to grab a gun and go on a killing spree.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21 >>

join