It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here’s What The World Thinks About The American Response To The Oregon Massacre

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Want to hear something more tacky ?

Foreigners that think the US constitution is up for international debate.

IT ISN'T.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

I've been reading this thread and have yet to chime-in on the OP, but let me say this: I am a supporter of the 2nd amendment and I enjoy a good debate on these sorts of issues. That being said, after reading your little rant it became clear that you are not the sort of person I want standing up for my rights when you cannot even articulate your position without resorting to ridiculous comments like illegal immigrants, open borders, rocket launchers..etc.

It's hard to stand-up for one's rights when you are more focused on the political nature of the US, than the constitutionality of said right.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I never said anything about banning "all guns".

Truth be told, I have no issue with responsible gun ownership whatsoever and would actually support it. I would never turn down the chance to fire off a few rounds myself.

Its criminals and disturbed psychopaths having easy (and cheap) access to them that I have the issue with.

link   
a reply to: luthier

The main reason people commit crimes is they are not attached to society. They feel unattached to the society.

Well as someone who completed a 'crimenolgy' you'd know there are variables.

Look at Bundy and Gacy;both were articulate, intelligent, and outgoing-and active members of society. I'm no criminologist but I dare say that painting all criminals with the same brush would not be recommended, Just like dreams of my mother doesn't indicate I have an Oedipus complex.

edit on 6-10-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-10-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: Kryties

originally posted by: neo96
I am an American.

I don't care what half of my own countryman think.

I don't care what my congressman think.

I don't care what my own president thinks.

I sure as snip don't care what the rest of the world think.

I am an American.

Have a problem with it ?

Really not my problem.

I yield to no others beliefs.

Yes yes, we have heard all the tough-guy nonsense many times in this thread.

None of it actually answers the question of what to do about mass shootings and gun control though, it only serves to make those posters feel like tough guys for saying it.

I've never committed a mass shooting.

What does taking my guns or restricting my right to purchase them or throwing up extra roadblocks to ownership on me do to address mass shootings?

Don't you just love their willful denial of due process, and tried, and sentenced in the kangaroo courts of pubic opinion.

I don't know WHY on earth the BILL of Right was ever written.

Oh yeah because King George did to the colonials what the anti gun crowd is doing to gun owners.

in 2015 in the 21st century people who commit crimes are 'guilty' of something they don't do.
edit on 6-10-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
Sorry but we Americans could care less about Democracy. The mob can vote whatever they like but our rights are protected and that is the end of the story. If mass shootings occur it is indeed a sad side effect of those freedoms but far more sacrificed their lives to gain and protect those freedoms than have killed by their abuse.

So deaths of innocents are "collateral damage" as long as you get to keep unrestricted guns?

What a barbaric society.

Must be collateral damage in Australia since the number of killings has not gone down since gun control.....pretty barbaric not to take a look at the real cause.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: Kryties

I'm not going to waste a lot of time responding to your OP because I understand how its all hip and cool for foreigners to hate on "Americans".

As I expected, and commented as such in my OP, along comes someone who tries to "win" the debate by claiming im "Anti-American" or an "America Hater".

Such a low and divisive tactic that could not be further from the truth if you tried.

If you had the courage to get off your duff and fly over to any one of our choice metro areas I suspect you'd come to a far clearer understanding of why, as the Canadian reporter discovered, "In his report, a clearly perplexed Johnson finds that local residents actually want easier access to guns".

I have no need to spend money I don't have on a flight to America just to prove some random poster on the internet right or wrong.

I have been to Hawaii though, lovely place. And yes, before you jump down my throat I am aware Hawaii isn't LA or any of the cities you refer to.

Yes, parts of this country are "third world" regions..........ALL of the major metro areas are "third world" regions filled with hateful thugs, murderous thieves, rapists and homicidal home invaders. In these "metro junkyards" its no longer safe to go to a convenience store, its no longer "safe" to go to a gas station, even during the day in parts of the junkyards. Interestingly, out of concern for their home-grown citizenry, many of these junkyard cities have declared themselves "Sanctuary" cities where illegal aliens can come and reside amongst the citizens and commit horrible crimes with no real threat of reprisal except deportation......if they're caught. The "Government" doesn't give a crap what happens to US citizens at the hands of the illegal aliens! All the Government cares about is seeing that its client corporations and business owners have easy access to cheap slave labor.

I can't stand the term "illegal aliens". It's designed to make those PEOPLE sound like something evil from another planet that is not Planet America.

So.....against this backdrop of daily violence that happens in this country, you pipe in and want to confiscate our firearms? Or make it near impossible to have firearms?

Your confusion is clearly coming from the fact that you are assuming we are advocating for a complete gun ban, meaning no guns whatsoever. This is completely false and has been dealt with MANY times in this thread alone.

edit on 6/10/2015 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I don't believe I've seen anyone say that the constitution should be up for international debate. They have their right to have an opinion on our constitution and our 2nd amendment right, but that's about as much as I have seen.

edit on 6-10-2015 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

I've never committed a mass shooting.

What does taking my guns or restricting my right to purchase them or throwing up extra roadblocks to ownership on me do to address mass shootings?

It helps prevent others from doing so, as is evidenced in other countries that have successful gun RESTRICTIONS.

But I am glad you felt the need to remind us that you have never performed a mass shooting, I feel so much safer now.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Violence against women is far more pervasive than gun violence. One in four women will be sexually assaulted in her lifetime.

So, hey, let's leave women even more defenseless to men who can easily overpower them.

Carry on with your emotional pleas for banning guns, you men who put women last on the priority list. What do you care? The playing field will be in your favor if guns were banned.

link   

originally posted by: neo96
I am an American.

I don't care what half of my own countryman think.

I don't care what my congressman think.

I don't care what my own president thinks.

I sure as snip don't care what the rest of the world think.

I am an American.

Have a problem with it ?

Really not my problem.

I yield to no others beliefs.

Yes yes, we have heard all the tough-guy nonsense many times in this thread.

None of it actually answers the question of what to do about mass shootings and gun control though, it only serves to make those posters feel like tough guys for saying it.

This right here........ LOL. Now you resort to "supreme butt-hurted-ness". We are not all tough guys.... Many of us just wanted to live normal lives and not deal with the world's death-wish. But because we wish to be equipped to deal with a means to deal with the world's death wish, we are "tough guys"..... HAhahahah LOL... LMFAO @ YOU Kryties!

Ignore all of the posts you want... You lose...

Just COMPLY with what we want because you lack the "weaponry" to defend your position.

You chose a strategically unsound position to defend, and now you have been defeated. Go to your cell.

All of the above is role-play. It isn't nice. It is actually intolerable.

But it is what you would be asking of Americans if you truly want us to disarm.. It is what you are begging if you believe that giving up our second amendment right is justified by an alleged "mass shooting" that you have no proof actually happened.

See what I'm getting at here? Your frustration is showing... You really don't know...

link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
a reply to: Shamrock6

I never said anything about banning "all guns".

Truth be told, I have no issue with responsible gun ownership whatsoever and would actually support it. I would never turn down the chance to fire off a few rounds myself.

Its criminals and disturbed psychopaths having easy (and cheap) access to them that I have the issue with.

There's almost no point saying that mate. I have said the same many times in this thread and yet there is ALWAYS a few posters who do there damndest to try to deflect the topic with lies and nonsense.

It's total and utter willful ignorance at it's finest.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Sorry but we Americans could care less about Democracy. The mob can vote whatever they like but our rights are protected and that is the end of the story. If mass shootings occur it is indeed a sad side effect of those freedoms but far more sacrificed their lives to gain and protect those freedoms than have killed by their abuse.

So deaths of innocents are "collateral damage" as long as you get to keep unrestricted guns?

What a barbaric society.

Must be collateral damage in Australia since the number of killings has not gone down since gun control.....pretty barbaric not to take a look at the real cause.

No one wants to discuss the real problems because they are not easy to fix.

It's barbaric and lazy.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Please stop the deflection and outright lies. Nobody wants to take all your guns, just the powerful assault-style weapons that the general populace have no legitimate use for other than to kill large numbers of other humans. In addition, laws to help prevent nutters from getting their hands on weapons - both of these combined have been proven to work in many other countries worldwide.

This has been pointed out MANY times in this thread alone and yet you willfully choose to ignore it in favour of the "come and take them" tough guy nonsense.

If the US government really wanted to "come and take them", what exactly do you think your pea-shooters would do against tanks, APC's, rocket launchers, grenade launchers, airstrikes, drone strikes, etc etc?

Confused here.

Nobody wants to take all your guns, just the powerful assault-style weapons that the general populace have no legitimate use for other than to kill large numbers of other humans.

What do you consider "powerful assault style" weapons?

If they are so "powerful", why do you refer to them as "pea-shooters"?

I don't see any kind of weapon currently available to the general public as having no legitimate use for anyone. Yes, we American's have a different mindset when it comes to guns. It doesn't sit well with the rest of the world, but there's not much you or others can say that will change it.

Does that make us ignorant, selfish, or just trying to hold on to something others think is outdated? I don't think so, and neither do many of my fellow American's. I'm glad you have your opinion, and that you agree with your countries decision to make it hard, or nearly impossible to acquire firearms. Problem is, what works for you, just won't work in America.

We are unwilling to allow anyone take our right's away from us. Yes, we have had many attacks on our right's lately, but we are fighting hard to stop the constant chipping away of our right's.

We as a nation mourn for the loss of life every time we hear of these attacks. If there was a viable "quick fix" we would rejoice in it. There are no quick fixes. Punishing the many for the actions of a few, is not the right way for us. Just as we respect other countries opinion and actions, we expect them to respect ours.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   

What a barbaric society.

Gee I don't know why they didn't make murder illegal.

link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

Carry on with your emotional pleas for banning guns,

Who's doing that? Nobody in this thread as far as I am aware.

Remember people: Gun restrictions DOES NOT equal total gun ban - despite the attempts by some to obfuscate the issue and tell outright lies to further their view or agenda.

link   
You stated earlier that your wife is in criminal justice and you talk to her about this very topic.

What is her opinion on why homicides in Australia have not decreased even though gun control has been implemented? You are welcome to show her the links to sources from the Australian government I posted earlier.

While I understand it has curbed the number of people that die in a single spot, it has increased the number of homicidal acts committed and the number of deaths has stayed roughly the same or gone up.

Is the point of gun control only to curb the number of gun deaths? A bit of a rhetorical question as that is obvious by the argument, but I would like to hear an answer regardless.

I guess stats are all that matter to countries anymore...who cares how many are being killed as long as "X" is not the thing used in killing them....

link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

And that cause would be..?

link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: uncommitted

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: uncommitted

originally posted by: IslandOfMisfitToys
a reply to: Sublimecraft

No offense but no wonder Hitler marched straight through Europe without batting an eye.......

That is......until the big bad Americans with guns came to save them........

Oh, that's so correct, the years 1939 - 1942 never occurred did they? America played a key part in WW2, of that there's no question. As did most European and Commonwealth countries and Russia, but I know your history lessons over there get confused.

Anyway, what has that to do with anything apart from the tired old argument that somehow America singlehandedly ended WW2? It's nothing to do with current shootings.

Lend Lease started in March of 1941
History, it isn't just a EU thing.

You are right, of course. That's when America started selling at huge profit to the Allied powers. I should have mentioned that America went for the money first, but that is usually seen as a touchy subject.

In general, a large portion of the U.S. Lend-Lease aid was simply written off. Both Roosevelt and his successor Truman considered the fighting and sacrifice of the Allied soldiers to be sufficient repayment.

iipdigital.usembassy

"In general" "a large portion", I think it's maybe more because as well as the Marshall plan there was only so much to be squeezed.

Anyway, apologies, this is totally off topic but another poster had to bring it up so I responded.

link   
For those who want to ban guns (i know, i know, not all guns just the scary looking ones), until you have enough ballz to come and confiscate them yourselves, stay home and be safe. We could agree to disagree. I do not think you or I can change any minds here. You would not except our answers even if it was facts ... so why argue? ? Your cultures and ours are very different on this subject. That's why we kick you out in the first place. So stay safe, stay home and be at peace. However, if you do ever decide to try to break down my doors and confiscate my guns ...... I will answer in kind and so will my Brothers In Arms. Peace.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join